PDA

View Full Version : Back out of Gingerbread

Skipholiday
04-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Seems gingerbread is the beginning of the fall of android open source.

Personally I will sbk back to 2.2 and enjoy a clean version while I can.

Gingerbread seems buggy anyhoot.

Good game and hope everyone follows suit~!

MICHO
04-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Get ur liberty 2.0 on!!

tracirt
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
What's going on????

~ If the doors of perception were cleansed,everything would appear to man as it truley is...infinite. ~

realone7575
04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
How do I get back to stock gb is killing my battery I have no pc

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ashpdwinDX
04-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Get some Darkslide goodness :big smile:

MICHO
04-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Use tbh app in the market> monster zip after that u have 2 z4 ur phone again and just restore ur 2.2.1. Backup and ginge never happned 2 ur phone :)
Then get ur liberty 2.0 on!

MICHO
04-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Darkside will work 2 if that's ur flavor of rom

realone7575
04-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Use tbh app in the market> monster zip after that u have 2 z4 ur phone again and just restore ur 2.2.1. Backup and ginge never happned 2 ur phone :)
Then get ur liberty 2.0 on!

I have the THB app which o e do I zip out of there

MICHO
04-03-2011, 12:01 AM
If u have the monster.Zip check it in astro long press the file and hit details give it a sec it will tell u the file bit size and the md5 sum make sure these match what's said in the fourms if not re dl and chk again u don't want to get a bad dl boot into clockwork and do a full wipe> nav to the zip and install it after it boots do a stock recovery factory reset then reboot and z4 ur way back to fryo goodness

truckroot
04-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Would maderstock zip do the same?

realone7575
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
If u have the monster.Zip check it in astro long press the file and hit details give it a sec it will tell u the file bit size and the md5 sum make sure these match what's said in the fourms if not re dl and chk again u don't want to get a bad dl boot into clockwork and do a full wipe> nav to the zip and install it after it boots do a stock recovery factory reset then reboot and z4 ur way back to fryo goodness

Yeh im sorry ya lost me this is all new to me I apologize for my stupidy and im pretty sure I never backed up before I installed the new GB so I think im screwed

MICHO
04-03-2011, 12:37 AM
1 ur not stupid just unlearned we is gonna fix that. 2 it dosnt matter if u made a back up. Monster zip will take u back to stock just like ur phone was when it came outta the box ;) 1st go to market and get astro then pm me

ashpdwinDX
04-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Would maderstock zip do the same?

No, maderstock Won't work with GB

truckroot
04-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, just read that in sticky. Downloading tbh monster zip now.

truckroot
04-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Md5 sum I got: 95a782b2a4c6a9f95b0090c5f2329f4e
Have not found where to verify, can someone point me in the right direction? Thx

giterdone
04-03-2011, 01:14 AM
im downloading now i will let you know as soon as mine is up

gunner1982
04-03-2011, 01:32 AM
You can also do a search a guide to SBF on here it helped me alot

sent from little gingerbread men that took over my X

MICHO
04-03-2011, 01:40 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-general-discussion/22507-tbh-monster-2-3-340-a.html

Verify ur files md5 sum matches this one dl astro> open astro> hit sd card > find tbh downloads folder> find the monster zip long press on it hit details give it a few seconds and Bam file size and md5 sum will show up

MICHO
04-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Only after uve verified. Move it to the root of the sd. For those who dont know how long press the file hit edit then hit move back out of astro to where u see only 3 files the middle one should say sd long press edit paste then hit the sd file this is the root of the sd card its what u see wile in clockwork make sure the zip is there . Only if the file is good boot into clock work do a full wipe. Scroll down(vol keys) and hit enter (cam key) on install zip from sd, scroll down again and hit enter on choose zip from sd, scroll down to monster.zip hit enter, scroll down to yes hit enter it will do its thing do not batt pull! U will have a brick. after it boots if it bootloops no prob just pull batt. And boot into stock recovery power + home key when u see andy hit her hard search key scroll down to factory reset data wipe u should do this if u bootloop or not MUST HAVE A FULL BATTERY IF U DO THIS WITH LESS THAN FULL UR GONNA HAVE A BAD DAY.also Donot batt pull till u see it bootloop then do as stated above. Skip set up go into dialer and hit *228 this is how u reactive ur phone then dl z4 and get er done hope this helps

MICHO
04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
And plz chk md5 or ur gonna gave a long night
And Donot bootstrap recovery till after u z4 mod u will brick ur phone u r stock out of the box one other thing u can't go back to GB without doing an sbf first

Snow02
04-03-2011, 02:36 AM
GB gets way, way better battery life than froyo. You need to give your battery time to calibrate.

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 03:00 AM
GB gets way, way better battery life than froyo. You need to give your battery time to calibrate.

For damn sure. Moderate use.

MICHO
04-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Honestly I just think most people jumped into ginge because it is the new thing
And they don't like it and want to go back to fryo

ashpdwinDX
04-03-2011, 03:06 AM

Especially with all the problems that have been arising lately.

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 03:08 AM
I did, just like always. But... Im not going back, but thats just me.

MICHO
04-03-2011, 03:16 AM
All of a sudden they find themselves neck deep n ginge and have no idea how to fix or mod it they just feel trapped. Alot of people rooted there phone for the first time just to get ginge and have no idea how to fix the probs that came with it the bad downloads all the chk ur md5 sums, if u get stuck in a bootloop sbf.Ing. its all some real scary sht for alot of people mainly because their phone is their only means of communication just saying. They want to go back cuz they don't wanna f up their phone. Im sure gb sbf and rsd lite r prob in the most searched on google now.

mopar-x
04-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Gingerbread rocks on my x ... but I waited and followed directions ... oh TiKL doesn't work.

Sent from mopar-x from inside his gingerbread house

synaptic13
04-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Agreed...rockin' rooted gingy ...HTF could u go back???...wifi monitoring or not...it was bound to close up eventually...even so...there is always a way around the system...ALWAYS:-)

Snow02
04-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I've put it on three Xs and one D2. No one has any issues. No one wants to go back.

MICHO
04-03-2011, 03:29 AM
All these apps people love to use and cant. just another reason why they wanna go back.

rudyy
04-03-2011, 03:48 AM
yeah, i guess i should feel lucky, what with the brouhaha going on regarding potential tracking of those using the leaked gingerbread rom and the tethering issue. i tried to install gb and blew it. had to sbf, and by the time i was ready to mod the phone again, liberty 2.0 had just been released. so, having used 1.5 for awhile, and after reading some of the complaints about gb, i installed liberty 2.0, and am quite happy i did so.
there are plenty of themes and mods to go with it, and i've been able to regain one of the two blur apps i like: swype keyboard. i'm still looking for the blur alarm clock or a free one that will let me use an mp3 or wav file as the alarm tone.

MICHO
04-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Go into the tool box > rom mgr> make sure the dropdown says all and hit download rom scroll down and u will find ur blur alarm clock just hut it and fallow the prompts afterwards reboot and it should b there
I didn't find the exact blur alarm but did email dummy about adding it back there are other in there though

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 04:02 AM
Better alarm

rudyy
04-03-2011, 04:17 AM
thanks. i had gone through the whole rom manager list and didn't find it.
on liberty 1.5 there was a dl that said blur alarm clock, or words to that effect, and it was the one i wanted.
i, too, contacted jrummy16 to ask about it. he said he thought it was there, but was unsure.
i'll try the clocks listed and see what happens.

i'll also try better alarm. thanks.

update: dl'd better alarm, it worked fine. thanks.

DebianDog
04-03-2011, 06:46 AM
I've put it on three Xs and one D2. No one has any issues. No one wants to go back.

Mine is nice and fast and the only nagging problem I have is that it is SUPER laggy when it first boots to the point where apps will time out. Then every so often it will just hang. What if any launcher you using?

noXcuse
04-03-2011, 07:36 AM
I haven't had one single issue neither. Been running great on my phone and my womans phone. Both of us are currently using the stock launcher.

Sent from Gingerbread

chipg07
04-03-2011, 07:51 AM
It has been running great on all 3 Droid Xs I have installed it on. 0 issues..

We are all 3 using adw ex as our launcher.

B.E.McAllister
04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
If anyone else like me has gone back after Gingerbread, do you have an issue with your screen brightness? I can turn it all the way down like I like it then after my screen shuts off when I turn it back on it is probably about 5% brighter. I have done a factory reset and also reinstalled DarkSlide.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

scottpole
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I remember this sort of thing when the first froyo leak dropped. Everyone started freaking out because Motorola said there was no way to an official OTA if you installed. I installed that leak and here I am on rooted gingerbread. Ofcourse this is a completely different scenario but still the hysteria is the same feel. Only time will tell what really happens and honestly I see all these smartphone companies coming down hard on a bootloader solution rather than wiping customers off of their base. But as far as getting monitored and caught using a tethering solution or throttling patch this is more serious violation than simply running a leak. Idk maybe im just another crazy guy on a forum lol.

Uploaded from my Blurry 2.0 X ~_~

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Ive ran adw and adw ex,, no probs with either.

Skipholiday
04-03-2011, 09:44 AM
can someone direct me to the monster 2.2.340 zip?
thanks

scottpole
04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
can someone direct me to the monster 2.2.340 zip?
thanks

Download the team black hat app from the market and you can get it from there

Uploaded from my rooted "GingerBlur"

Skipholiday
04-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Seems the maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip should work to replace gingerbread? Is there a difference between this and the monster zip?

scottpole
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
I think the monster zip is the only one that will work

Uploaded from my rooted "GingerBlur"

MICHO
04-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Mander is not the full system tbh is manders is a quick and eazy to fix something someone may have f up tbh will take u to fresh out of the box fryo goodness.

ashpdwinDX
04-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Maderstock doesn't work with gb.

Sent from....=^_^=

johnbergsing
04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Where can I find this file???

mikeinrichmond
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Where can I find this file???

The Monster.zip is in the TBH app., but I would recommend doing a full computer SBF also if you start to notice any issues, like I did when I tested it after flashing GB...
The full SBF is the only thing I found to absolutely work 100%...

(Swypin' GB on the go)

mopar-x
04-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Mine is nice and fast and the only nagging problem I have is that it is SUPER laggy when it first boots to the point where apps will time out. Then every so often it will just hang. What if any launcher you using?

If you have the app TiKL remove it for some unknown reason it causes lag at boot up.

Sent from mopar-x from inside his gingerbread house

johnbergsing
04-04-2011, 01:51 PM
The Monster.zip is in the TBH app., but I would recommend doing a full computer SBF also if you start to notice any issues, like I did when I tested it after flashing GB...
The full SBF is the only thing I found to absolutely work 100%...

(Swypin' GB on the go)
I can do that! I've got Ubuntu installed on a partition of this MBP! Which SBF do I use to do a computer SBF?

mikeinrichmond
04-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Do not use anything besides the full 2.3.340 sbf...

Here's the link to 1KDS's site to get it from ..

http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home

Also get the utility called 'sbf_flash' that you will need to flash it in Ubuntu.

(Swypin' GB on the go)

johnbergsing
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM

Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home)

Also get the utility called 'sbf_flash' that you will need to flash it in Ubuntu.

(Swypin' GB on the go)
Thanks! Yeah, I already have that file waiting.

DebianDog
04-06-2011, 05:39 AM
If you have the app TiKL remove it for some unknown reason it causes lag at boot up.

LIKE a thousand times!!!! I wish I had checked back earlier! THANK YOU!!!!

KevTN
04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I have tried to find the monster.zip on the market and no luck no matter how many different ways I search. I am going to go back when the OTA comes out. I'm like the GB, but will prefer to keep up with the OTA's. Is this file still iin the market?

Thanks...

DebianDog
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I have tried to find the monster.zip on the market and no luck no matter how many different ways I search. I am going to go back when the OTA comes out. I'm like the GB, but will prefer to keep up with the OTA's. Is this file still iin the market?

Thanks...

It is not on the market but I am unsure which one is the Monster zip via the app also since it is off the market what are people supposed to do to get the app?

DebianDog
04-07-2011, 02:07 PM

Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home)

(Swypin' GB on the go)

So I can use the 340 SBF to go back?