PDA

View Full Version : Any roms in the works yet for gb

shawn
04-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Just like the title anyone hear anything

Gingerbread with a hint of honey

ashpdwinDX
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
There are a couple. Heres a link to one of them if you haven't seen it already. rubiX Blurry Bread - Rubik - AllDroid Public Board (http://alldroid.org/tabid/40/g/posts/m/10156/rubiX-Blurry-Bread.aspx#post10156)

shawn
04-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Was hoping for rubix focusedbut blurry will work on the meantime

Thanks

Gingerbread with a hint of honey

ashpdwinDX
04-02-2011, 10:01 PM
DREWGAREN.com LEXLITE GINGERAID 3.5 (http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/LL_GB.html)

Don't know if its blurless...didn't read to much about it

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 07:01 AM
DREWGAREN.com LEXLITE GINGERAID 3.5 (http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/LL_GB.html)

Don't know if its blurless...didn't read to much about it

Yes, it's Blurless, for the most part..

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Kejar has announced on Twitter that he will be starting work on Liberty's base for GB once he is done coding for a T-Bolt rom..So likely a few weeks at least..

kradebaugh
04-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Anyone know if we need to wipe data/cache for rubix blurry rom that was posted up there doesn't say in the link.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

shawn
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
not sure but i would just to be safe

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Anyone know if we need to wipe data/cache for rubix blurry rom that was posted up there doesn't say in the link.

If you mean Blurrybread for GB from Drod then yes, wipe data/cache...

Here's what he wrote on Twitter:

"drod2169 Derek Rodriguez
If you're flashing BlurryBread, wipe data and cache. It probably isn't needed, but do it anyways. I won't support bugs otherwise :)"

kradebaugh
04-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks! I always forget aboutthis checking twitter I feel like i'm the only one who doesn't use twitter lol

macpro88
04-03-2011, 09:11 AM
flashing rubiX blurry bread by drod now, I know Team Liberty is also working on a GB build, should be interesting.

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks! I always forget aboutthis checking twitter I feel like i'm the only one who doesn't use twitter lol

I don't really 'use it' per se, I just keep tabs on what the X devs are doing mostly... :)

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey mac, What do you think about blurry bread?
flashing rubiX blurry bread by drod now, I know Team Liberty is also working on a GB build, should be interesting.

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone else try the DrewGaren Lexlite Rom yet? It was very laggy for me, and everytime I tried to start Titanium backup, the phone reboots...Guess it needs a bit more work?

Hold on major issues...Can't get Bootstrap going..will post back in a minute..

Ok folks, not good news...Can't get either version of Bootstrap going, either by trying to D/L it from the Market or by the apk I have on the sd card, hence can't get to clockwork. Trying a factory reset to see what happens...

macpro88
04-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey mac, What do you think about blurry bread?

So far so good, only been on it a few hours now.

Its really stripped down with on the necessary Blur elements with support for initd. Nothing visually has been changed, but its like Stock GB Blur on steroids with hopefully better battery life, which I am sure it will be.

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok, after a factory reset, I was able to install Bootstrap from the .apk on my SD card. So restoring a backup now...

So for the moment, I wouldn't recommend installing Lexlite for GB yet...

macpro88
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Ok, after a factory reset, I was able to install Bootstrap from the .apk on my SD card. So restoring a backup now...

So for the moment, I wouldn't recommend installing Lexlite for GB yet...

That's a bummer, I was hoping to try an AOSP for GB, I heard so far AOSP is a pain on the DX GB build....

xrazedx
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for some feedback about that rom.

Relentless

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
So far so good, only been on it a few hours now.

Its really stripped down with on the necessary Blur elements with support for initd. Nothing visually has been changed, but its like Stock GB Blur on steroids with hopefully better battery life, which I am sure it will be.

Will the market still work and give you all the apps back without gmail? How hard was it to get gmail back? Thanks

macpro88
04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Everything downloaded perfectly for me, and Gmail was there cause it downloaded with my other apps. Not having Gmail preloaded does not affect the sign in process and the downloading of your apps.

mx750
04-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Not sure if this has been said yet. But over a t MDW. There's a thread started by p3droid saying he's working on a tranquility rom for GB ( TranQ_GSpot)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 11:16 AM
K. Cool thanks. Looks like im going rubix again. Before gb iwas runnning rubix 2.0.1(mainly) and blurry 2.0, liked both.
Everything downloaded perfectly for me, and Gmail was there cause it downloaded with my other apps. Not having Gmail preloaded does not affect the sign in process and the downloading of your apps.

mwsregor
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Well that sucks about Drews aosp Ive always been a big usr of his roms and of course jrummy so looking forward to new liberty for gb. I tried rubix when it was brand new and did not care for it but I guess its my only option or stay stock well here we go rubix so me what you got:wink:

Basis
04-03-2011, 11:49 AM
well that sucks about lexlite, but im almost done with the download now so i will make a backup and give it a try.have had pretty good luck with everything working on my X (knock on wood) so maybe i wont have any problems. fingers crossed

mikeinrichmond
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
well that sucks about lexlite, but im almost done with the download now so i will make a backup and give it a try.have had pretty good luck with everything working on my X (knock on wood) so maybe i wont have any problems. fingers crossed

Good luck, perhaps it just didn't like my phone...lol...

Basis
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Good luck, perhaps it just didn't like my phone...lol...

will post back in a few and let you know how it went. im just glad to see some stuff coming out for this build, half the fun of being rooted is trying out new roms/themes. even if they dont work all that well lol.

mx750
04-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I Tried Rubix last night and my phone was super laggy so I went back to a stock backup. I did also try zapX RC4 and it ran fast and smooth. I haven't gotten around to trying drew garens other rom yet

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 12:17 PM
The tranq gspot battery mod works on blurry bread. Percentage.

Bxrider117
04-03-2011, 12:53 PM
I have been running Dre Garen's Zap 4.1 GB rom and I even themed it with Juceman's GB theme and it is solid. No lag and very fast. I Oc'd my DX to 1.2ghz and I consistently hit over 1900 on Quadrant. GB does not allow me to use my wifi at home, but my speed test with 3G are +2.5 download and 1.2 uploads.

I look forward to a wifi fix soon cause I can only get between 12-15 hours on my VZW extended battery.

Basis
04-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Anyone else try the DrewGaren Lexlite Rom yet? It was very laggy for me, and everytime I tried to start Titanium backup, the phone reboots...Guess it needs a bit more work?

Ok folks, not good news...Can't get either version of Bootstrap going, either by trying to D/L it from the Market or by the apk I have on the sd card, hence can't get to clockwork. Trying a factory reset to see what happens...

not good for me either, just keep rebooting. cant get it to stay up long enough to install d2 bootstrap from my sd card so no clockwork to restore backup. not sure what to do now getting frustrated. seems like its only when i try to do something with the system like installing an app cause i was able to load angry birds just fine

ok looks like im off to sbfville... crap just how i wanted to spend my sunday

mopar-x
04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
not good for me either, just keep rebooting. cant get it to stay up long enough to install d2 bootstrap from my sd card so no clockwork to restore backup. not sure what to do now getting frustrated. seems like its only when i try to do something with the system like installing an app cause i was able to load angry birds just fine

ok looks like im off to sbfville... crap just how i wanted to spend my sunday

Boot into the stock recovery from power off press power and home buttons and when the Droid Guy and "!" Come up press both volume buttons. Then you will be in stock recovery. You can clear all data then reboot. You be in stock rooted gingerbread restore d2 recovery and restore your backup. :)

Sent from mopar-x from inside his gingerbread house

mx750
04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I put on lexlite about an hour ago with no problems its actually running really good? Im not sure what could be the diffrence

Basis
04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
ahh guess i should have waited to sbf for a little bit but too late now and im already back on stock gb from froyo. did not know about the volume button thing to get you into stock recovery i just thought you hit the search button. and yeah mx750 i dont know either. i was just running the stock rooted version, maybe because mine wasnt deodexed? just weird how some things will run on some peoples phones and not others

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Screenie of tranquil spot battery mod on blurry bread.16004

gizmo99360
04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I've been running lexlite 3.5 for a couple days and its very smooth and snappy for me. Just wipe data/cache after first reboot and no problems on my phone.

mx750
04-03-2011, 05:43 PM

I just wanted to point out I tried out the battery mod while running lexlite gingeraide and when it booted back up i was getting massive force closes to where i couldnt do anything so i tried factory reset and cash wipe, but no luck just boot loop and i couldnt get it into clockwork so i had to sbf but just a heads up im not sure if its compatiable with all roms or i could have done something wrong but just wanted to put it out there.

lynneddington
04-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Zero fc's on blurry bread. Been on for 4-5 hours so far.

I just wanted to point out I tried out the battery mod while running lexlite gingeraide and when it booted back up i was getting massive force closes to where i couldnt do anything so i tried factory reset and cash wipe, but no luck just boot loop and i couldnt get it into clockwork so i had to sbf but just a heads up im not sure if its compatiable with all roms or i could have done something wrong but just wanted to put it out there.

mx750
04-03-2011, 06:02 PM
well shoot i wish it wouldve worked like that for me lol, didnt want to spend my whole sunday setting this thing back up

JNEHAMA
04-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Like it! Lynn did you make those blue themed icons for the forum, titanium etc They are really nice!

craig7220
04-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Mike same thing happened to me. Couldn't load bootstrap cuz it kept rebooting. Had to Sbf twice and then get into bootloader to factory reset to get rid of it before I was back to stock. Now back to root but don't think ill try lexlite for awhile.

royal8u
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I have been running Dre Garen's Zap 4.1 GB rom and I even themed it with Juceman's GB theme and it is solid. No lag and very fast. I Oc'd my DX to 1.2ghz and I consistently hit over 1900 on Quadrant. GB does not allow me to use my wifi at home, but my speed test with 3G are +2.5 download and 1.2 uploads.

I look forward to a wifi fix soon cause I can only get between 12-15 hours on my VZW extended battery.

Hey Bxrider were did u get the Zap 4.1 GB rom looking to try it out

behemoth
04-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Not looking good for a Liberty GB ROM - from kejar on Twitter earlier:

"As of today I am no longer associated with Team Liberty. There may be a GummyJAR GB edition though."

Hopefully whatever it was to influence this decision is rectified.

akoe101
04-03-2011, 09:43 PM

"As of today I am no longer associated with Team Liberty. There may be a GummyJAR GB edition though."

I would love a GJ GB ROM. Gummy was the best

JNEHAMA
04-03-2011, 09:44 PM

That's so strange! Yesterday I saw his tweet that said as soon as froyo liberty 2.0was done it would be GB liberty 2.0's turn.

behemoth
04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I know, I read the same thing. Maybe he's just moving on to TB development.

Oh well, as long as RubiX is coming, I'll be happy.

goblueboy
04-03-2011, 10:06 PM
gummy was legit, my first rom ever. AOSP is by far the best thing i have ever seen on my phone

spodoc
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM

DXjunkie
04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
TeslaCoil is in beta testing. That's the one I'm waiting for! Its developed by kejar

from my DX

Godrik1210
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Think you can flash rubix gb over tbh theme version deox something?

lynneddington
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry jnehama, im slow sometimes. No I dont know how to make em. the crazy one are from the adw theme "inverted". The blue forum was from the thread on the new forum app. i cant remember who made them so im not gonna say.

Like it! Lynn did you make those blue themed icons for the forum, titanium etc They are really nice!

JNEHAMA
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
@lynneddington. No problem. Found the forum ones in the gallery search for icons. I'm not using adw but I'll keep the theme in mind.

lynneddington
04-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah i just tried it out for the heck of it, thought the icons were cool.

Bruinzfan
04-05-2011, 08:23 AM
I just flashed rubix blurry bread. But not sure if it took. Really looks the same as it did before the flash with just GB installed. Anyway I can confirm that I did it correctly?

Thanks. Sorry for the noob ?

Keith

scottpole
04-05-2011, 08:39 AM
I just flashed rubix blurry bread. But not sure if it took. Really looks the same as it did before the flash with just GB installed. Anyway I can confirm that I did it correctly?

Keith

The crt screen off animation should be in place. Also I noticed spare parts was installed as well. Blurrybread had no theme changes it was simply an optimized apk zipaligning rom and it has the CPU governing features as well.

Uploaded from my "BlurryBread" X

lynneddington
04-05-2011, 08:51 AM
In root explorer click etc, then see if you have init d. If you do you are on blurry bread.

Keith

Bruinzfan
04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Thank you! It took! Found the fileand the crt screen off animation is in place. It definitely felt zippier. Another question....probably the wrong area...i use face book for the pictures with my contacts. I have lost that. Any ideas on how to get that back?

Thank you.

Keith

shawn
04-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Thank you! It took! Found the fileand the crt screen off animation is in place. It definitely felt zippier. Another question....probably the wrong area...i use face book for the pictures with my contacts. I have lost that. Any ideas on how to get that back?

Thank you.

Keith

Yea but you won't like it factory/reset then skip google set up set up face book first then go back and set up google allways works for me but its a hassle

tweaked blue ginger

mikeinrichmond
04-05-2011, 03:16 PM
TeslaCoil is in beta testing. That's the one I'm waiting for! Its developed by kejar
from my DX

Sorry to disappoint you, but Kejar's Tesla Coil rom is for the Thunderbolt only, not the X...

swatcop2004
04-06-2011, 01:25 AM
What should my build number be on Rubix Blurrybread? I flashed it with no problems I just don't see too much difference like i did with the old Rubix 2.0. I also noticed it doesn't have Rubix Quickclock.

GoBlue13
04-06-2011, 02:32 AM
What should my build number be on Rubix Blurrybread? I flashed it with no problems I just don't see too much difference like i did with the old Rubix 2.0. I also noticed it doesn't have Rubix Quickclock.

There is really nothing different visually. Drod said it was going to be a very basic release until he has time to work on it more.

Swyped from my OC'd GingyX

JNEHAMA
04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
@macpro88

Ive been using Rubix Blurrybread for 2 full days without any significant changes-no themes etc.Most of the time it runs well,though I am not seeing a huge difference from stock. With heavy use my minfree goes to the 40-50 range and if it persists I end up with fc's on the apps Im using and I have to wipe cache and even actively stop some apps in order to keep going. I have never liked or used a task manager and honestly there is not enough cache to wipe that will help. Most of it is system. What do you suggest? I did not have this problem on stock GB with the Imoseyon zip.

TheFandroid
04-09-2011, 10:58 AM
@macpro88

Ive been using Rubix Blurrybread for 2 full days without any significant changes-no themes etc.Most of the time it runs well,though I am not seeing a huge difference from stock. With heavy use my minfree goes to the 40-50 range and if it persists I end up with fc's on the apps Im using and I have to wipe cache and even actively stop some apps in order to keep going. I have never liked or used a task manager and honestly there is not enough cache to wipe that will help. Most of it is system. What do you suggest? I did not have this problem on stock GB with the Imoseyon zip.

My phone did not like Blurrybread. It looks like it would be a great ROM, for my phone reset itself so many times it wasn't even funny. I know everyone's phone acts differently so it may work better on yours...but the complaint you're talking about seems to be happening to others as well. I would restore your bf stock rooted GB and wait for a stable ROM to be released, such as Liberty.

JNEHAMA
04-09-2011, 12:24 PM
My phone did not like Blurrybread. It looks like it would be a great ROM, for my phone reset itself so many times it wasn't even funny. I know everyone's phone acts differently so it may work better on yours...but the complaint you're talking about seems to be happening to others as well. I would restore your bf stock rooted GB and wait for a stable ROM to be released, such as Liberty.
I may very well do that . But most of the time it runs very well on it. Only when there is heavy usage do I have the memory problems and this is not unique to this rom. On froyo when I had these problems, I added the sysctl.conf minfree tweaks and they resolved. I was advised that it might not work for Rubix so I'm asking if Drod has any other recommendations. Just to be told the rubix tweaks are better is no answer since my phone clearly has this one specific issue. I can just abandon ship and let go of the good parts of the rom or simply ask what should I add to help it run better. I prefer the later course if the problem is not urgent. I am in no hurry. I am not having resets or anything else, just some fc's when the phones ram is low. Im pretty sure this can be fixed with some tweaking.

deletion
04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Fab just tweeted a score from Quadrant Standard on his DC at stock speeds that were amazing. With just his tweaks he was up at 2675 which is ridiculous. He said the framework fro Apex Gb is almost done!

x909xvolcomx
04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Fab just tweeted a score from Quadrant Standard on his DC at stock speeds that were amazing. With just his tweaks he was up at 2675 which is ridiculous. He said the framework fro Apex Gb is almost done!

I can't wait for his ROM :D his work is amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13
04-09-2011, 08:21 PM

I saw this too...this will be awesome! Hopefully this coming week we will see something!

mikeinrichmond
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Don't get excited about the Quadrant score...lol...the Rom will be awesome anyway...

"bigxie Andrew Xie
That Quadrant run was made at stock 1GHz, no stagefright. But...it's just for fun, no real world difference ;-) "

smalltowngirl13
04-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Don't get excited about the Quadrant score...lol...the Rom will be awesome anyway...

"bigxie Andrew Xie
That Quadrant run was made at stock 1GHz, no stagefright. But...it's just for fun, no real world difference ;-) "

I am excited for the ROM - I was running Apex 1.4.1 when I jumped to GB so it will be good to see it...I was hoping that we would see a GummyJar or Liberty but I think ApeX might make it first...

mikeinrichmond
04-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea, I don't think Kejar has started GummyGB yet...but Apex has always been great!

deletion
04-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Still it is very exciting to see that and to know that it is in the works. I have always loved Fab's work.

mikeinrichmond
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Still it is very exciting to see that and to know that it is in the works. I have always loved Fab's work.

Agreed! Fab for ApexGB, Drod for Rubix FocusedGB and I'll be a happy camper.. :)

JNEHAMA
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I can't wait for his ROM :D his work is amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Apex is one of my favorites. Can't wait. Speed is nice but apex is smoooth!