PDA

View Full Version : eBay 3500 mAh extended battery

pin
04-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I chose to get a massive extended battery for my new Droid X. I normally wouldn't take my chances on a no-name Chinese part, but I went with a battery from talleywon (http://myworld.ebay.com/talleywon) on eBay. My experience with the seller wasn't perfect, but I am satisfied overall. I was e-mailed with an apology notifying me the part was out of stock and they mistakenly left the listing active. Two days later I got a second personally written e-mail saying the part was in stock sooner than expected and it was shipped. The package arrived in a padded envelope safely. The battery cover fits perfectly and is so similar to the factory finish I can't tell a difference. I haven't had the battery long enough to write about long-term reliability, but it works. I went from the stock battery to this one and I'm very satisfied.

FA1SGL
04-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Cost? I image it changes the slim profile rather drastically. I use my X all day long, being retired and would not mind the change in appearance if I get the battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pin
04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
The battery is more than double the thickness of the stock battery. It makes the phone a lot thicker, but it still fits into a front pocket of my jeans. I previously used an enV Touch with a Body Glove case, which was massive.

Currently they are selling it for $18.99 with free USPS shipping. You can find their listing by searching for 3500mAH Extended Battery for Motorola Droid X MB810 NEW (http://cgi.ebay.com/3500mAH-Extended-Battery-Motorola-Droid-X-MB810-NEW-/140519651343?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20b79fb80f)

Money Mike
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
The battery is more than double the thickness of the stock battery. It makes the phone a lot thicker, but it still fits into a front pocket of my jeans. I previously used an enV Touch with a Body Glove case, which was massive.

Currently they are selling it for $18.99 with free USPS shipping. You can find their listing by searching for 3500mAH Extended Battery for Motorola Droid X MB810 NEW (http://cgi.ebay.com/3500mAH-Extended-Battery-Motorola-Droid-X-MB810-NEW-/140519651343?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item20b79fb80f)

Do you think the magnet will still work in dock with the extra thick battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pin
04-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Do you think the magnet will still work in dock with the extra thick battery?

I don't have a dock so I can't answer that.

WhiteLabelDon
04-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Im thinking of going for the purchase tonight, how has performance been sense the battery has settled in?

pin
04-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I responded to your private message with the same question, but I'll make a reply here for everyone else.

So far I'm not blown away with the extra battery life. I'm still using the stock battery meter and perhaps I should be using an app for that. I have SetCPU with a few profiles to cut performance either with the screen off or when the battery life is 30% or less. I haven't been tracking the battery life precisely, but I think the average is 38 hours until I first see a warning to plug in the charger. I haven't tried leaving the phone off the charger until the battery dies.

WhiteLabelDon
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
38 hours would be a 4x improvement on my current battery life, but I am overclocked to 1.3 with Quickclock Advance.

Sent From My Droid X Rooted GB

ibrooks123
04-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I use a body glove case on my x and although its thick, its got a nice grip to it that most others dont. Im curious what cases they make that support the larger overall size? Have you found a quality case that is not only fucntional, but will actually protect the phone should it be dropped?

I also only get 8-10 hours without a charge, so even getting 30 would be unthinkable!

WhiteLabelDon
04-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Also, how is the phone when laid flat on a desk. I know we will lose the perfect slight slope but it looks awkward. Anyways mine shipped today full report coming soon

acceo
04-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm guessing the phone would no longer fit in the otter box either... I wonder if there is a similar case that would work with the extended batt or does otter box have a solution for this?

ibrooks123
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm guessing the phone would no longer fit in the otter box either... I wonder if there is a similar case that would work with the extended batt or does otter box have a solution for this?

I thought the otter box was great but the fact the buttons were covered all bulky reappy turned me off! I have a warranty should it take too nasty of a spill. The body glove is excellent and has such a good grip I can leave the phone on my dash while I drive like a madman and it stays right where I put it!

The extended battery would be great if the best cases made alternatives that fit the battery.