PDA

View Full Version : Inline Mic with Headphones

Covert Aliiance
04-01-2011, 06:47 AM
I have literally searched the entire web for a solution to this issue, but I really want to know if an app exists to make I-phone style inline mic and headphones compatible for the Droid X. From what I know now its not a physical connection issue they both have three bands. From what I understand its a software issue. I have literally read countless threads on this same subject and none of which came up with anything but people trying to suggest other headphones. The fact is I have a very nice expensive pair of headphones but for some reason are only compatible with Black Berry and Iphones??
There must be an app to correct this issue or else someone seriously needs to make one because there are way to many people asking about this same issue to not find a resolution.

DroiX
04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
What exactly is not working wit your headphones? Is it the mic, music controls or the audio?

Covert Aliiance
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
The volume control, microphone and the previous/forward track all do not function. The only thing that functions is the pause/play, I found out today though that its due to the setup on iphone headsets that the connectors are reversed causing the DX and other Android phones to not be compatible with Apple style products. Apps like Poweramp are useful to stop the short on two of the bands but still wont make the mic or previous/forward function work on headsets that have more than one button. I looked around today and there is now a solution for people wanting to use iphone headsets on the Droid. A company called Makible has designed a universal adapter to fit all types of iphone headsets to the DX and other phone models. They are also making a standard one for headsets that already work on the DX and other model Androids to improve functionality. Here is the link if anyone else has the same issue: Makible 0002 - Makible (http://makible.com/pages/makible-0002-iphone-handsfree-headset-adaptor)

P.S. DroiX thanks for the reply.