PDA

View Full Version : Besides root, any differences between TBH releases?

Goldcoin
03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry if this is sort of a N00B question.

I just got TBH's release the other day and come to find out it's been already rooted a couple of days later! I'm pretty happy with Gingerbread just the way it is, but I'm interested in going to the pre-rooted version.

I was just wondering: are there any differences other than root access? Is the performance, battery life, and such the same? Different features?

From what I understand what I have now ISN'T an official release, and the new prerooted version IS the 'official' release that has just been modified to allow root access. Is this correct?

I was considering getting the rooted + deodexed version of Gingerbread too, but I was concerned about speed. Plus I have no idea what to do to mod themes or apks. Still learning Android's coding and use of SDK.

cory46
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
no neither are official verizon hasn't pushed out an ota yet. Besides being rooted and deodexed they also have the crt animation set to "on"now if you have animations enabled

Sent from my Gingerblured X

Goldcoin
03-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh OK. So none of the releases are official. Just leaked. I'm not sure how these things work since I'm not a hardcore hacker like p3, but I'm assuming that there's the stock version, then the same version (modified with root access), and then the same version again (modified with root access and deodexed).

Hmm, not sure if I like the crt animation or not. I'll just have to try it out myself and see.

psychotic_penguin
03-31-2011, 11:07 PM
This leak is a much needed breath of fresh air for the X, things were starting to stagnate a bit with all the developers going to the TBolt. For some reason they all seem to be interested in the X again.......

cory46
03-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Yes you would be correct about the options deodexed allows for themes and sometimes not every case some peoples fun run "smoother/snappier" and as for the crt I enabled it was cool at first more I don't really notice it my sister finds it cool then again she has a blackberry (upgrading to a t-bolt which kinda angers me/jealous haha)

Sent from my Gingerblured X

TideFan22
03-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Have the rooted one is gonna give u better speed (overclock) and better battery (undervolt, freeze bloat) and being deodexed is gonna make your phone alot better. If u really want all that then u need the root version, and then deodexed version

Kornshukka