PDA

View Full Version : ZapX Ginger 4 rc

Lehmann
03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Anyone tried this yet, its a drewgaren rom just seen it pop up in rom manager.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

rjnewsome2010
03-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Currently testing it out. Looks like I'm stuck too. When I download an app, then install before the install completes the phone reboots on its own. Any ideas on the fix to this one? I've even tried a manual download of the .apk and installing from unknown sources and it reboots just before the install completes. Loads of Bloatware too. Way to much Blur also.

Heres the specs on it.

System Version: 4.5.573.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Model Number: DroidX
Android Version: 2.3.3
BaseBand Verison: BP_C_01.09.07P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g5a891f6 w30471@il93lnxdroid42#1
Build Number: ZapX Ginger 4.0

fc127
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, boot into stock recovery and wipe data. Worked for me.

rjnewsome2010
03-31-2011, 06:29 PM
THNX fc127 that did it!!!

fc127
04-01-2011, 07:35 AM
No problem. Glad you got it worked out.

Sent from ZapX Ginger 4.0

FadeToBolivia
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, boot into stock recovery and wipe data. Worked for me.

I'm having the same problem... how do I boot into recovery to wipe the data if I can't install Bootstrap Recovery?

Snow02
04-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Stock recovery. Hold home while powering on. Then press both volume buttons once the triangle icon comes up.

Navigate with the volume buttons. The power button is select.

fc127
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Stock recovery. You have to hold home and power until you see the android with the exclamation mark. Then press search.

Edit: ninja'd

Sent from ZapX Ginger 4.0

FadeToBolivia
04-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow you guys are awesome and quick.... its behaving much better now. Thanks!

On a side note, I see there is a ZapX Ginger 4.1 listed on his website, but I can only find the DL for 4.0 Anyone know where I can find 4.1 or is it only for donators or something?

mx750
04-01-2011, 08:41 PM
DREWGAREN.com ZapX Ginger 4.1 (http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren/ZapX_GB.html)
just scroll down its in huge purple letters

JNEHAMA
04-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Will you guys post how you like it now that you're not busy rebooting? I don't think too many people are familiar with his roms and it is the first official rom for GB 2.3. 3. I read on his website that 4.0 is not completely deodexed but 4.1 is so be careful with theming until you upgrade. I

FadeToBolivia
04-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Will you guys post how you like it now that you're not busy rebooting? I don't think too many people are familiar with his roms and it is the first official rom for GB 2.3. 3. I read on his website that 4.0 is not completely deodexed but 4.1 is so be careful with theming until you upgrade. I

Well I never tried stock gingerbread, so I can't compare the two, ZapX4.1 is pretty solid. Obviously there are no bells and whistles like a Liberty or Apex, but its stable and very quick once you fix the reboot issue (which on both 4 and 4.1)

There is more blur that I'd like removed, but overall I'm pleased with it.

Newaveride
04-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Just a heads up. I came from deodexed ginger and I just wiped cache and loaded bootloop free. Rom seems stable so far and faster than stock ginger. I agree that more bloat could be removed. The biggest thing that bothers me is the changed keyboard. No big deal but I think it looked better navy over the typical black

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Droid-Xer
04-03-2011, 05:23 AM
There's gingeraid on his site if you want blurless

04CiviCon20s
04-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Anyone here have issues w/wifi not connecting to secured routers. I can only connect to open networks

FadeToBolivia
04-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Anyone here have issues w/wifi not connecting to secured routers. I can only connect to open networks

No not for me, my phone was connecting to my unlisted secured wireless network no problem. :/

Mace_Bewley
04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Anyone have a problem with constant reboots??

Newaveride
04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Wipe data and should fix your problem. I just wiped cache bootloop free but that's not to say it works on all phones

f3liC
04-05-2011, 11:57 AM
feedback from people who used it?

bsbabcock
04-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Sounds like, flashing roms in gb is pretty much cut and dry much like froyo, once you've taken the leap through the stargate to that gingerbread planet. Would that be a correct assessment? Give or take maybe a different method to flash back to stock or some other details. Looks like the gingy roms are starting to flow. I GOTTA get that ubuntu rolling soon on the mac and get over my sbf fear.

JNEHAMA
04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like, flashing roms in gb is pretty much cut and dry much like froyo, once you've taken the leap through the stargate to that gingerbread planet. Would that be a correct assessment? Give or take maybe a different method to flash back to stock or some other details. Looks like the gingy roms are starting to flow. I GOTTA get that ubuntu rolling soon on the mac and get over my sbf fear.

You should! Having read alot of your posts, I know you will love Gingerbread. As for sbf, I had never done it and loading unrooted gingerbread was the best thing I ever did. It forced me to sbf but not all panicked. I took a whole day to make sure I had all the steps down, what to do for what problems, made sure I had all the files and making sure rsdlite recognized my phone. In the meanwhile I got to know gingerbread. Once I had it so well organized it was easier than flashing a rom. Just open to bootloader attach to the computer click two buttons and wait.

From your posts I know you are more organized than I am. You will do fine!

I haven't flashed a rom yet was waiting to hear reviews of drods rom. Sounds good so far. I'll probably do it in the next day or two. Still playing around trying to decide on stock vs replacement launchers etc and figuring out glitches. I'll be watching for you on the gingerside!

bsbabcock
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Amen! Organization = the key! :)

There should be a one-word sniglet describing this reaction when something goes less than smooth:
"oh @#$^! where's that thread with the link to that other file and the other thread in the other forum and the tweet that tells me whether that's the right file or not?!?!?!"

Love sniglets.. "spork". Never gets old.
hijack over. :) LOL!

mikeinrichmond
04-05-2011, 02:04 PM
feedback from people who used it?

Take this FWIW, but some well-known dev's on Twitter are less than pleased with the authenticity of 'his work'. I do not know details, just reporting what what said there...

vocali05
04-06-2011, 06:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itm6X_jgSK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ZapXGinger in action

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikeinrichmond
04-06-2011, 06:33 AM
moving to gingerbread section

jedifoamy
04-09-2011, 11:59 PM
what is this music mods in the rom ??