PDA

View Full Version : finally!!! Got my cyclops today

hemi1300
03-31-2011, 04:57 PM
1592615925159241592315922have had the cyclops on preorder since trident came out with them, and to my surprise she was waiting in the mailbox today!! Overall the case seems pretty nice so far, from the pics u can see it's really not much smaller than the kraken, was kind of surprised it wasn't a bit smaller actually. Width and height is exactly the same, the thickness is a bit thinner bc it doesn't have the lower bump on the back, the camera portion of the case is about the same thickness, maybe just a smidge thinner. Surprisingly though it does feel quite a bit thinner in the hand compared to the kraken. Screen protector same as kraken, very responsive and can't even notice it's there. One thing i do like better-the 4 main home buttons are idividully separate (circular shape also), and quite a bit easier to find what button you're looking for. The power button has a weird feel to it, very plush feel when u press it and doesn't even feel like you're pressing a button, but still functions great. It's a little bit easier to text on also bc the lip on the front doesn't raise up as much as the kraken from the screen. Anyways, here are a few pics compared to my kraken

hemi1300
03-31-2011, 05:07 PM
few other things, if you're wondering if the ext. battery will fit with the door installed, i highly doubt it. I have had the ext. door off for a while bc i use the kraken and it doesn't want to snap shut with the door on, seems i have mis-placed the door so i can't confirm for sure, but when installing the case without the ext. batt door it was a pretty snug fit snapping together. If u look at the pics of the back of the case it has some holes towards the bottom, i ended up just putting a piece of electrical tape on the backside of these so dust won't get in since i'm not using the battery door. The camera also shouldn't have any issues with the cyclops bc it is one open cutout on the back

J.D.N.H.
04-02-2011, 06:34 AM
How is the case working out for you?

hemi1300
04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
So far i like it a lot. Definitely feels quite a bit smaller than the kraken in the hand. Haven't found one thing i don't like about it so far

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ninja636
04-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Is there more room at the top to grab the notification bar and along the sides?

hemi1300
04-02-2011, 03:04 PM
yes there is more room at the top and along the sides so the notification bar should be easier to pull down, i have go launcher installed so i swipe anywhere on the screen to pull it down anyway. If you're looking at the front of the screen u can see about half the motorola logo at the very top of the phone, i think with the kraken u can't see the logo at all.

Ninja636
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info hemi. I'll probably order one when they get the colors available.

m0pp3ry
04-09-2011, 06:25 PM
the only thing i don't like my x cyclops is the usb/hdmi port cover. it doesn't close fully or stay closed like the otterbox defender. but i like everything else about it over my otterbox defender.
wish i had belt clip for the cyclops. but i'm still using it over the defender. and i like the defender a lot.

hemi1300
04-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Really? Haven't had the hdmi/charging port cover on my cyclops pull out even slightly once, always stays nice and flush with the case. As for the holster, i have my kraken holster modified a bit and it holds the cyclops nice and secure, and no way it's coming off my belt. I removed a niteize belt clip from one of my flashlight holsters and installed it on the kraken holster so it's actually pretty darn difficult to remove from my belt lol

buugiewuugie
04-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey there, my Droid X should be here today :big smile: I super excited. But I am doing research on accessories. Mostly cases and batteries. Right now its a toss up between this case and the Kraken. But I am curious about the extended life battery everyone is using with these cases. Which battery is it?

Integraoligist
04-14-2011, 07:32 AM
What do you think about the protection is has as compared to the Kracken? Is it the rubber membrane or the plastic that is thicker on the Kracken then the Cyclops?

scottpole
04-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Man that thing is nice. Congrats on the purchase!

:P Tasty GingerBread with a side of SuperUser

hemi1300
04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
the kraken is definitely more "heavy duty" feeling in the hand, the silicone on the cyclops is a decnt amount thinner and doesn't feel as bulky as the kraken. I still feel like it will offer a great deal of protection, but yes the kraken would probably be the sole survivor if dropped from a ten story building lol. The extended battery i'm using is the motorola one from verizon-BH6X i believe, neither cases snap shut with the door on, so i just leave it off all the time. Both cases provide so much protection i'm not worried about not having the ext. battery door on

Integraoligist
04-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Been looking around and $35 is the lowest i've been able to find for the case... anyone have any luck at getting it cheaper?

tycoon177
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Go to the Verizon store I got one for 20 bucks

Sent from my rooted droid x

Richard3
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
just ordered the cyclops a couple days ago. cant wait to get it :D hopefully it works well for me. and i couldn't find it for cheaper than 35 so i just ordered from the official site

Integraoligist
04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Go to the Verizon store I got one for 20 bucks

Sent from my rooted droid x

They sell the Cyclopes at VZ Stores?

TiarnGuinness
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Got my cyclops case and I love it so far. Seems very well protected. Got to get use to pulling down the notification bar. Other than that works like a charm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

7thCabal
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Hows the camera picture quality come out w/ the Cyclops? Is it the same as with the Kraken or better? I like the amount of protection from my Kraken, but I'd rather not have tinted pics-- if the Cyclops allows for clear pics I'm all over it.

m0pp3ry
04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
what mods did you do to the case or holster? i need a holster for the cyclopes.

TiarnGuinness
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
No trent at all. I do have the ballistic green though. I do not know about the Brighter colors. My sister will be getting the pink. I'll ask and let you know once it comes in.

Integraoligist
05-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I got my Cyclopes case last week for $25 from here:
Trident Cyclops Protective Case DROID X BLACK Motorola (http://www.cyclopscase.com/products/Trident-Cyclops-Protective-Case-DROID-X-BLACK-Motorola.html)

Arrived in 2 days, fit perfect.... I do not have an issue with the USB door not closing all the way, instead of pushing on it you actually bend it in a little bit and it push it so it locks into place.
The Hard buttons are even easier to push then without a case.... This is my first case so compared to the DX without a case this Cyclopes is freaking big, I can't imagine how large the Kracken would be... I'm glad I waited for this to come out instead of getting the Kracken. O yes, I like the no slip feel of the silicone case in my hand and when I place it in the car or on a table.... but it's a PITA getting it in and out of my pocket!

Integraoligist
05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Hows the camera picture quality come out w/ the Cyclops? Is it the same as with the Kraken or better? I like the amount of protection from my Kraken, but I'd rather not have tinted pics-- if the Cyclops allows for clear pics I'm all over it.
The lens is separate. If you want to you can stick it on but I didnt. I didnt even notice it until I already had the case on then it fell out of the box. Have taken plenty of pic's and have not had any issues with the lens or flash being covered over by the case itself.

Xfan
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I just got mine in yesterday. I ordered mine from meritline. It was $20.99 and free shipping. So far I LOVE this case. Someone said they cant imagine how big the Kraken must be and I agree. This is a good sized case. I don’t think I would want to go any bigger. You can tell the phone is very well protected and secure. The only problem I have with the mini USB port cover is it will come open very easy. It closes all the way but if you tap it it comes open. Its not a big deal at all however. The touch screen works great and I like the feel of the protective screen as well. The last screen protector I had on was the invisible shield. It was a good screen cover but felt a little rubbery and my finger would catch sometimes. I would recommend this case highly if you don’t mind extra girth to a already big phone.

TiarnGuinness
05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
No reflection either because the piece around the camera is black. Amazing case. Definitely worth the wait. Must have for X owners.

bigmook
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
The kraken holster works on the cyclops

free me

7thCabal
05-04-2011, 01:28 AM
I got my Cyclopes case last week for $25 from here:
Trident Cyclops Protective Case DROID X BLACK Motorola (http://www.cyclopscase.com/products/Trident-Cyclops-Protective-Case-DROID-X-BLACK-Motorola.html)

@ Integraoligist-- thanks for the link!

Just ordered mine, if the pics come out good with the lens cover on it'll be an extra bonus for not paying full price!

TiarnGuinness
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Got mine from the same place as above link. They have more than the black color keep in mind. Have not tried the lens cover for camera. Will try and let you know how it works.

7thCabal
05-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Just received my Cyclops (yellow & black) today... pics come out perfect with the lens cover in place, doesn't feel as bulky as my kraken & the notification bar is a lot easier to access, the buttons are perfect-- IMO this IS a lot better than the kraken on all fronts!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

maineultraclassic
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
$19.90 for a black Cyclops on Ebay right now.............free shipping

Steve

jwalz
05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Just got my red and black Cyclops in the mail the other day and love it plenty of protection... have a few questions though.... is there a car dock for it and a belt clip?

my liberated X

droidx002
05-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I got my cyclops in today, and love it. The screen protector is great and the buttons are easy to use.

BUT- I have the extended battery and battery cover from verizon. The hard case does not snap properly with the battery cover on the phone. I've read of other people just using the case without the battery cover, I did that and it fits perfectly..
Is this safe to do?/Has anybody done this with theirs and had any problems or been fine? Because I LOVE this case and really want to be able to use it

Any input would be greatly appreciated- thank you!

duro78
05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
There's nothing wrong with doing that, at most on a hard drop the battery might pop out.

Slappy
05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
mine fit just fine...the bh6x right?

droidx002
05-23-2011, 09:22 PM
mine fit just fine...the bh6x right?

Yeah, the bh6x..I tried a few times with it, so I don't know why I'm having problems :/

Slappy
05-23-2011, 09:25 PM
chances are mine actually didnt fit right in the first place haha