PDA

View Full Version : Question to Modders

jwknapp
03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem with the graphic on my notification pull down bar. When I change the LCD density to a higher resolution let say to 190 or so I get a graphic Bug.

The problem is when I pull down the bar the background does not extend all the way down to the bottom and leaves a black box. This looks goofy and I would like to know if anyone knows what to modify to correct this or point me in the right direction as to where i can find out.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about if this post does not make any sense. At the bottom where the drocap2 notification is at is what I am talking about.

http://i52.tinypic.com/256qwco.jpg

C Dippa
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
You could try 180 or 200...usually increments of 20 work best.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jwknapp
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
The Problem is anything other than 220 or 240 causes this to happen, and i prefer the way it looks with a higher resolution.

C Dippa
03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Well, it looks like that image isn't tall enough for a higher resolution and won't stretch. A workaround would be to use Ninjamorph to put a black image in there to match it. That image is status_bar_background.png.

Other than that...not sure how you can fix it

Edit: And welcome to the forum!

jwknapp
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

What i was able to find after doing a little research is systenUI.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/shade_bg.png is the file for the background but it looks very thin and appears to be repeating to make it extend. I thought maybe there is a Hex value that needed to be adjusted to make it fill the screen. I was also thinking that maybe I could pull it out and double the length of it, and then ninja morph it in.

Where is the file status_bar_background.png. you mentioned located? Never mind found it :)

I have another question for you C Dippa, if i mod the status_bar_Background image and make it longer will it work?