PDA

View Full Version : Need help with hdmi cord

red
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi there, I just received the hdmi cord that i ordered and I can not get it to work on my tv or on my computer. I hooked the cord up and neither one of them even act like they know it is there. Can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to make it work. Are you supposed to set the phone somehow or what. Thanks for any help you can give me. Hope it is not a bad cord. I have a droid x. I have a droid x that was rooted but that was all. Nothing else was done to it. The verizon tech said u can not use the cord with a droid x. Anyone know about this.

TideFan22
03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Plug it into the tv then phone, set hdmi on whatever plug u plugged it in, then go to your video in the gallery, select which one u want to play, once it comes on there's a hdmi in little white letters in the top left corner, hit it and that's it... but if your on a blurless rom then hdmi will not work, u need yo be on a blur rom or stock for it to work

Kornshukka

TideFan22
03-30-2011, 09:02 PM
You might have to change the settings in hdmi to one of the other options from automatic. But automatic should work,

Kornshukka

red
03-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks, the hdmi in the left corner would come on, i would hit it during the playing of the video, but it would not play. I have an hdmi port on my computer, i tried it and it will not work. I tried each hdmi setting on the phone. would not work . thanks.

fezrock
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Sometimes hdmi acts strange. Try a reboot maybe?

red
03-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Got it to work, thanks to all. Now I am trying to get it to work on my hdmi port on my computer. It does not seem to recognize the droid x at all. I do not know if I should be on the desk top or my computer or where to get it to work. If any one on this great board knows how, please respond. Thanks again.

fezrock
03-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Is the computer hdmi port I/O? I haven't used mine, and always thought is was just for output.