PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into clockwork on gb

DAK
03-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I am wanting to make a backup now that I'm on gb. I am rooted. My problem is getting into clockworkmod. Bootstrap will not let me in. It freezes after the moto M. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

1KDS
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
What bootstrap are you using? If you are using the DX bootstrap uncheck usb debugging in settings>applications>development

pra1984
03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
I had the same issue and was told to buy the droid 2 bootstrap and it worked....not sure why tho ha

1KDS
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I had the same issue and was told to buy the droid 2 bootstrap and it worked....not sure why tho ha

Yes, we only recently found out that the DX bootstrap will work, just have to turn off usb debugging

mikeinrichmond
03-30-2011, 07:27 PM

Yea, the info that 1KDS pointed to is brand new...You can use either now:

The original DX Bootstrap with USB debugging off

The D2 Bootstrap with USB debugging on

DAK
03-30-2011, 07:30 PM
I unchecked the debugging and that opened it up...
Thanks so much!

DAK
03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks that worked!

1KDS
03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
glad to hear it, I've used it myself to make a backup a little while ago and it worked fine for me too.

psychotic_penguin
03-30-2011, 07:45 PM
When I flashed I didn't realize I had debugging off, don't recall turning it off either, so I was content DX Bootstrapper was working just fine so I thought. This morning I went to go into clockwork and just nothing I thought some gremlins hijacked my phone, and had thoughts of SBF and what not.

Since I wasn't having any troubles otherwise I never read anything about needing D2 Bootstrapper like we did on the .342 build. That goes to show you that reading is a necessity and everyone, including us old veterans should do so or waste your efforts doing an SBF for nothing.

Needless to say I'm happy I didn't take the day off and jump into it, so remember folks read up on the instructions to include the fine print.

DAK
03-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Great point!

mikeinrichmond
03-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Update: Yes the original DX Bootstrapper works fine with USB debugging off, buy you need to turn it back on when you want to use Titanium Backup...

(Swypin' GB on the go)

mopar-x
03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I had the same issue with d2 recovery yesterday I had to unplug the charger and turn off debugging.

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Well this is odd...I still can't get into clockwork even after turning off debugging. I've tried using D2 Bootstrap as well..nada...uninstalled dx bootstrapper and reinstalled...still nada

mikeinrichmond
03-31-2011, 09:31 AM
Well this is odd...I still can't get into clockwork even after turning off debugging. I've tried using D2 Bootstrap as well..nada...uninstalled dx bootstrapper and reinstalled...still nada

See what the Superuser icon in the app drawer lists as permitted apps.

Both Bootstraps should be listed..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes indeed..both are listed

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
and still nada

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 09:45 AM
I was able to get into stock revovery from rom manager. but each time I attempt to boot into clockwork recovery from bootstrap, the phone just reboots as normal. Question, when I selected flash clockwork recovery from rom manager It asked me to confirm my type of phone. I selected droidx. Do I move it to the root of my card and install the update.zip ?

silver04v
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
I was able to get into stock revovery from rom manager. but each time I attempt to boot into clockwork recovery from bootstrap, the phone just reboots as normal. Question, when I selected flash clockwork recovery from rom manager It asked me to confirm my type of phone. I selected droidx. Do I move it to the root of my card and install the update.zip ?

Stop using rom manager. Get Droid x bootstrapper

This thing is to much fun.

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Like i mentioned earlier, I have been using bootstrapper. Neither the D2 version or DX version are booting into recovery for me.

Tweaked Halo
03-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Well after uninstalling,reinstalling both D2 and DX bootstrap individually, 3 times now, checking and unchecking usb debugging, D2 bootstrap into recovery is working after settling on unchecking usb debugging on D2 version.