PDA

View Full Version : ROMS AND GINGERBREAD (pre-ROOTED)

SUPERSPORT25
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Has anyone tested any ROMS or know of any working ROMS for the prerooted Gingerbread yet?

CheeseNips
03-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Chill-Bro Baggins, Pre-Rooted GB's been out for less than 24 hours. It'll be a bit before any devs update to support it, but I'd check the twitter n stuff

SUPERSPORT25
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I know.....I know lol I just only started doing themes and roms last week and then GB hit so it wasnt just about getting GB for me. I am running ADW with Honeycomb Theme so its all good on GB

CheeseNips
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Ahh gotcha, well in that case....JRummy, one of the Devs of Liberty, tweeted that he wants an RC of Liberty released by weds. (this tweet was yesterday). So i'm assuming he's been coding a new Liberty release that is running off of the rooted GB that leaked yesterday...maybe?

anyways, his twitter is Jrummy16. I hate twitter but follow him for rom info.

troDDen
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Cheese the new liberty isn't base off of GB as far as I know. The new liberty was in development prior to the GB releases

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

CheeseNips
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Trodden: word, i know it was supposed to drop on the 25th according to Rummy...but then he got a concussion which delayed the release. So now I'm just unsure as to whether he decided to not release the new Liberty until he coded for GB (hence, an "RC"), or if the RC he is referring to on Twitter is actually the "Liberty 2.0" that he said would come out last Friday. Guess we'll find out.

goblueboy
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
any word on deodexed? i asked wug if he was going to he said yeah but then told me "looks like I am not, waiting for dev to update xUltimate, was goin to use it and make a flashable zip... but it renders errors"

cleopete
03-29-2011, 11:16 PM
[deleted] I did not read well before I posted...

Getsome122
03-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Roms are probably a little ways off for GB.

Heck some of them are working on roms for honeycomb as well. The devs are some amazing people but although root happened overnight roms are gonna take some time. They are starting from scratch with a new system.

It will happen. Be patient.

DX- rooted, overclocked, unthrottled, and running whatever ROM i felt like for today.

sandman1887
03-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Just an FYI: I tried to install Liberty 1.5 over top of Gingerbread....bad idea

Phone got stuck at Liberty boot logo, never even made it to boot animation...

So i had to reboot into stock recovery and then factory reset...but it didnt fix it. So i rebooted into stock recovery again and selected the "Install Update.zip from sd Card" option and tried to re-install dxgbrooted.zip from there, this time it rebboted with the 'Liberty' boot logo, but then went directly into Clockwork Recovery and i was able to wipe dat/cache from there and then flash rdxgbrooted.zip and reboot.

This time it STILL rebooted with the 'Liberty' logo...I thought i was going to have to sbf since even after a 'factory reset' i was having an alternate boot logo so i was expecting the problem to persist, but then it went from the 'Liberty' boot logo into the regular droid eye boot animation and booted fine into gingerbread..

so i'm now running Gingerbread, but have a liberty boot logo...

Snow02
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Instructions for rolling back explicitly state to use a full sbf. So that shouldn't have been a surprise.

stryker
03-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Just an FYI: I tried to install Liberty 1.5 over top of Gingerbread....bad idea

Phone got stuck at Liberty boot logo, never even made it to boot animation...

So i had to reboot into stock recovery and then factory reset...but it didnt fix it. So i rebooted into stock recovery again and selected the "Install Update.zip from sd Card" option and tried to re-install dxgbrooted.zip from there, this time it rebboted with the 'Liberty' boot logo, but then went directly into Clockwork Recovery and i was able to wipe dat/cache from there and then flash rdxgbrooted.zip and reboot.

This time it STILL rebooted with the 'Liberty' logo...I thought i was going to have to sbf since even after a 'factory reset' i was having an alternate boot logo so i was expecting the problem to persist, but then it went from the 'Liberty' boot logo into the regular droid eye boot animation and booted fine into gingerbread..

so i'm now running Gingerbread, but have a liberty boot logo...

All you got to do is get boot logo changer from the market. And change your logo back to the m. That happened to me when I went from liberty to apex. It won't hurt anything if you leave it

Swyped from my rubiX focused Droid X

troDDen
03-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Trodden: word, i know it was supposed to drop on the 25th according to Rummy...but then he got a concussion which delayed the release. So now I'm just unsure as to whether he decided to not release the new Liberty until he coded for GB (hence, an "RC"), or if the RC he is referring to on Twitter is actually the "Liberty 2.0" that he said would come out last Friday. Guess we'll find out.

I would give anything for a Liberty release on GB. I was thinking the RC as to what was supposed to come out Friday but not sure. I am loving Gingerbread but miss all the customizations in Liberty.

mandog202
03-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Give it time, I'm sure jrummy will work his magic and bring us liberated gb sooner or later.

Sent from my GINGERBREADED DROID X

zoe
03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
The fast pace of the GB release puts more pressure on the theme dev's, not to mention they may face having to either do 2 versions or choose between 2.2 + 2.3, give them time... it'll be worth it, rushing only leads to more bugs.

sent [insert here]

rickkane
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
any word on deodexed? i asked wug if he was going to he said yeah but then told me "looks like I am not, waiting for dev to update xUltimate, was goin to use it and make a flashable zip... but it renders errors"

Droid x (2.3.3) Gingerbread - Deodexed and Rooted (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/6789-droid-x-2-3-3-gingerbread-deodexed-rooted.html#post63208)

It's ok to link to other sites right? If not, feel free to delete, and my apologies as well.

SUPERSPORT25
03-30-2011, 11:43 PM
I've booted to a black screen several times just messing around seeing what works and what doesn't. Haven't seen much that does at least on the hacking side of things like fission and bootstrap but I know we can buy the x2 bootstrap. I've tried to get the market color change to work to no avail as we'll guess its better to let the pros do their thing first. Seems to be overloaded with duplicate posts everywhere which makes it an annoying experience to research.

TideFan22
03-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Dx bootstrap will work on GB if u turn of debugging

Kornshukka

shawn
03-31-2011, 12:02 AM
I've booted to a black screen several times just messing around seeing what works and what doesn't. Haven't seen much that does at least on the hacking side of things like fission and bootstrap but I know we can buy the x2 bootstrap. I've tried to get the market color change to work to no avail as we'll guess its better to let the pros do their thing first. Seems to be overloaded with duplicate posts everywhere which makes it an annoying experience to research.

the 2.3.4 markets wugfresh packed are working for me im on the rooted/deodexed gb

SUPERSPORT25
03-31-2011, 12:14 AM
the 2.3.4 markets wugfresh packed are working for me im on the rooted/deodexed gb

Did u have to rename and change permissions or did he change it all to a script

shawn
03-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Just fash it in clockwork

Gingerbread smells good

dtdlurch
03-31-2011, 06:00 AM
Drew Garen has a RC for ZapXGinger up.

kradebaugh
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Anyone try ZapXGinger RC he's talking about? How is it?

mx750
03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Actually now that i think about it since i havent ran the gbdeodexer yet could i install Zapx RC4 and then use the deodexer and have a rom thats customizable.