PDA

View Full Version : Kraken screen Protector

maineultraclassic
03-29-2011, 03:47 PM
I just picked up a Kraken case, and the built-in screen protector is bugging me. It looks like there is water between it and the screen, but there isn't. It's sticking to the screen and looks weird. My Defender never did this with the built-in protector.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Steve

maineultraclassic
03-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I found the fix online.................baby powder!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7vvblnzoY

Works like a charm, couldn't believe it.

Steve

hemi1300
03-29-2011, 05:52 PM
mine also does this sometimes, like it's condensation under the protector or something, bc it normally happens when i walk outside of a warm building or the house to the cooler weather outside. When i take the case off i use an alcohol wipe on the phone and screen protector to make sure there is no oil from my fingers on it. Every time my screen protector has done this though, it normally goes away shortly after i notice it

hemi1300
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
very nice trick, might have to try that one soon. I always wondered when i heard to use baby powder, i thought it was strange bc powder would be all over the screen and look horrid. Likin the puff idea!!

maineultraclassic
03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Couldn't believe it worked, but it does. No powder is visable at all.

Steve

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

maineultraclassic
03-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Has anyone just removed the screen protector from the Kraken case, and kept using the case?

Steve

AirJordan
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
The only thing that worries me about the Kraken and Cyclops are the built-in screen protector. I'd be afraid of it getting scratched and then having to either deal with it or get a new case. The only way I know of removing the protector is by cutting it out, but maybe someone who actually has one knows a better way.

spmdroidx
04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah, you can cut it out or just see if they'll replace it. But don't cut it out and then try to replace it. About the bubble, I heard someone used rainx but I use glasses cleaner. No way will I ever put baby powder on my x