PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread 2.3

wake4x4ptball
03-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm using z4root on my DROIDX and when offically 2.3 release can I un root then upgrade to 2.3 then root my phone? Or i can download leaked Gingerbread 2.3 and will it function same as offically one

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 11:56 PM
It will run the same, but as of now its unrootable, and if u want to go back to 340 you'll have to sbf. Im running it now and its nice, very speedy

Giving Gingy a test run

macpro88
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
If you wait for the OTA, and you are still rooted, you will more than likely loose root, or it just won't function properly.

wilspeak
03-28-2011, 03:22 AM
I tried. To root my droid x 2 times. UNSUCCESSFULLY. I keep hearing. How EZ. It is. Im about. To send mines to
A cell phone repair shop & have it done professionlly

Getsome122
03-28-2011, 03:30 AM
If you got the ota for gingerbread you wont be able to do it yet

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

Mario
03-28-2011, 04:45 AM
unrootable but still great

Les
03-28-2011, 04:48 AM
How do i get it?

fc127
03-28-2011, 05:09 AM
How do i get it?

Download the Team Black Hat app from the market ($2). You must be rooted to get flash the new gingerbread, or anything in the app, but the MonsterDX 2.3.340 is also in the app, so its well worth the money and effort.

Sent from my Focused DX

Garemlin
03-28-2011, 05:11 AM
Moving to appropriate section

wake4x4ptball
03-28-2011, 05:20 AM
So will z4root make new version for Gingerbread after it released so i can update

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 07:20 AM
We can hope to eventually attain root with a one click method, first we need to get root by whatever method they come up with, we will let everyone know as soon as we know anything...

KBCOBRA
03-28-2011, 07:32 AM
So is it gonna be released or just another hoax and will stock phones automatically update to it?

Sent from my DROIDX

cuebask
03-28-2011, 07:37 AM
been running gingerbread since last night, seems a little slower in between screens and selecting apps not as responsive as Liberty. I'm sure once customizable ginger will fly.

KBCOBRA
03-28-2011, 07:38 AM
How do i go about gettinng gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX

nmagnum
03-28-2011, 07:49 AM
The ota is out??

Sent from DROIDX while ruling the world from my toilet.

cory46
03-28-2011, 08:21 AM
How do i go about gettinng gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX

You can either do as fc127 said above and get the team black hat app or go to mydroidworld.com and they have mirrors set up for it because someone decided to release it leak from the app last night. Either way will do. I myself say get the app its two dollars and it helps the devs out.

nmagnum.... no the ota isnt out, its a leak just like there was a leak if you were around when froyo was coming out for the x.

Most of your guys questions can be answered from http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/content/960-droid-x-gingerbread-2-3-3-release-thread.html

and http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/everything-about-gingerbread/22247-team-black-hat-2-3-3-release-thread.html

OchoDirko
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Why pay for something, that you will get free, and sent directly to your phone soon? And bootstrap is a hastle. Just my .02

mandog202
03-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Why pay for something, that you will get free, and sent directly to your phone soon? And bootstrap is a hastle. Just my .02

its a donation to those that have worked hard to make this available before the official release

cory46
03-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Then dont get the leak itll save you the hassle from using boostrap for two or three clicks and dont get the app or download it for free from the site.. People pay for apps for this type of things to thank the devs for all the work they do and to help keep the work moving along. Lots of those devs are like you I assume and have regular jobs and lives so everything they do for the community is usually done for fun. If I can donate two dollars to help with anything even buy them a drink Ill do it

macpro88
03-28-2011, 09:55 AM
The leak is more for those who have experience in hacking and ROM'ing their phones, if you a stock user and always a stock user, wait for the OTA, should be getting it here in the next few weeks. Not worth the hassle to root and bootstrap for something you will get in due time.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
It's pretty sweet. But now I have to find alternative ways to gain root. z4root was good while it lasted...

Sent from my DROIDX using Android 2.3.3 prerelease.

cory46
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
It's pretty sweet. But now I have to find alternative ways to gain root. z4root was good while it lasted...

Sent from my DROIDX using Android 2.3.3 prerelease.

Ive been trying to root this bad boy all morning... doing a nice sbf now because ive caused some nice bootloops about 5 minutes ago

macpro88
03-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Ive been trying to root this bad boy all morning... doing a nice sbf now because ive caused some nice bootloops about 5 minutes ago

Haha, way to go :P

I would leave it to P3 and other devs, save yourself the headache lol I am sure by the end of the week they will have a solution for us.

mandog202
03-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I forget which thread i saw it in mentioning no screenshots because of no root, supposedly with 2.3.3 root is no longer needed to take screenshots, http://www.androidcentral.com/android-233-allow-screenshots-without-rooting . someone thats installed the leak try it out, i'm staying put until.it IS rooted.

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Yea, if it was easy, P3 would have already done it... That is why it was released now, so other Devs and coders could try and root it, collective effort style... :)

(Gingerbread swyper)

macpro88
03-28-2011, 10:14 AM
To take screen shots in GB without root, you can use the Android SDK tools, there is a Gingerbread tool that lets you capture screens.

cory46
03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
yeah in the other thread, i believe the tbh leak thread I've posted screen shots for people that are curious and how to do it.. although its not a very in depth how to for people unfamiliar with the sdk

C Dippa
03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
I forget which thread i saw it in mentioning no screenshots because of no root, supposedly with 2.3.3 root is no longer needed to take screenshots, Android 2.3.3 to allow screenshots without rooting | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/android-233-allow-screenshots-without-rooting) . someone thats installed the leak try it out, i'm staying put until.it IS rooted.

Saw that too...from what I've read, 2.3.3 is supposed to be capable of screenshots without root, but an app still needs to be developed to take advantage of this feature. AFAIK, there's no built-in feature, just the capability.

I've tried a bunch of screenshot apps and no dice...I guess the SDK method is all we've got right now

macpro88
03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
yeah in the other thread, i believe the tbh leak thread I've posted screen shots for people that are curious and how to do it.. although its not a very in depth how to for people unfamiliar with the sdk

Would be so kind as to write up an in dept guide in the GB section on how to do screenshots? I would do it, but I think you deserve the credit cause you did first here lol. Great appreciated :D

OchoDirko
03-28-2011, 10:23 AM
The leak is more for those who have experience in hacking and ROM'ing their phones, if you a stock user and always a stock user, wait for the OTA, should be getting it here in the next few weeks. Not worth the hassle to root and bootstrap for something you will get in due time.

Word. I am rooted tho. Anyway, "congratulations nerds" -James franco

cory46
03-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Saw that too...from what I've read, 2.3.3 is supposed to be capable of screenshots without root, but an app still needs to be developed to take advantage of this feature. AFAIK, there's no built-in feature, just the capability.

I've tried a bunch of screenshot apps and no dice...

plug your phone into usb then navigate to android sdk>tools>ddms> command prompt comes up then use toolbar to select device then capture

TheJustPull
03-28-2011, 10:24 AM
I will wait till its been romified ..prefferably rubix flavor ..

C Dippa
03-28-2011, 10:26 AM
plug your phone into usb then navigate to android sdk>tools>ddms> command prompt comes up then use toolbar to select device then capture

Yeah...I saw your post in the other thread, just checking for an easier method for everyone.

Nice find though...I didn't realize that was possible with the SDK.

cory46
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Would be so kind as to write up an in dept guide in the GB section on how to do screenshots? I would do it, but I think you deserve the credit cause you did first here lol. Great appreciated :D

Instead of me writting it I'll provide you guys with this since its been done and probably less technical then I would write...Take Android screenshots without root | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root)

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Instead of me writting it I'll provide you guys with this since its been done and probably less technical then I would write...Take Android screenshots without root | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root)

Thanks for the link.. :)

(Swypin' Gingerbread on the go)

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 10:42 AM
I absolutely love this new blur so far and the sleep option is great from what I can tell

Sent from my freshly baked gingerbread X

soulsiphoner
03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
One thing I can't understand is why I can't disable my data connection? This is how I would normally save a lot of battery life, now I have to depend on the sleep mode...maybe root will be available soon and will address this data issue.

fersayken2
03-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Neither quick settings or switchpro will disconnect 3g.

NateDogg11
03-28-2011, 11:47 AM
How are people getting these crazy Quadrant scores? I saw a 1850 and a large amount over 1650. Is there some secret i don't know about? Are there certain settings to avoid?

I ask bc I am still around 1400-1500. I'm not complaining bc I like the Gingerbread update but its been really bothering me.

Thanks for any help!

PizzleWizzle
03-28-2011, 11:50 AM
i got around 1605

How are people getting these crazy Quadrant scores? I saw a 1850 and a large amount over 1650. Is there some secret i don't know about? Are there certain settings to avoid?

I ask bc I am still around 1400-1500. I'm not complaining bc I like the Gingerbread update but its been really bothering me.

Thanks for any help!

PizzleWizzle
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
seems like battery isn't as good as i had on Apex but that's probably because I cant put this phone down and it has all this bloat on it.... i can't wait till it gets rooted and rom'd...i heard somewhere that this GB release is seeing better battery then the stock Froyo tho

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm getting mid 1700's.

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
How is everybodys battery doing? Mines not as good as rubix. Speed Is great.

PizzleWizzle
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
im at 59% its been about 4 hours off the charger...i'm usually around at least 75% or higher around this time with Apex but ive been messing around with my phone alot..... anyone else noticed the scrolling in GMail and regular Email app is a lot more friendly....they also have hidden music controls on lock screen that are pretty neat

Fender890
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Am very glad I made the switch. I love Liberty but everything about gingerbread now makes it feel a little dated IMO. It's the little things about ginger I love. Like how the stock lock screen now slides smoothly unlike froyo where it seemed laggy.

I don't plan on going back to any Froyo roms.

MutantCheese
03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
All this talk is getting me one step closer to making the switch to gingy.

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Nice feature, lockscreen music controls that can be swiped to show or hide..
:)

mnasholm
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Up and Running had a rocky start but its blazing now. NOW LETS FIGURE OUT ROOT :)

CrAsH_OvErIdE
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
We should bug the dev of z4... LoL

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Been running since last night. Liking it so far. Running adw instead of stock launcher. Seems really fast. Batt doesn't last like it was with rubix. Can't wait to see it rooted.

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Also; lost a few apps. And the market tells me they don't exist? Anybody else? One is paid and its gone but the free version is there.

bsbabcock
03-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Screenshots were always available in Froyo as well through the SDK.
Nice to hear Gingy has some significant "smoothness" improvements.
Yeah no kidding.. Don't know who was the mastermind of Z4 but I hope the dev is involved with getting SU on GB. :)

I meant what I said, and I said what I meant... Until this thing is rooted, I'm Focused 100%. LOL! ... Or until I load Ubuntu on the Mac so I can flash SBF.. I'll get on that. I know NOTHING about it. Time I learned I guess.

cory46
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
lynneddington could I ask which apps you've lost after applying the leak?

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Or until I load Ubuntu on the Mac so I can flash SBF.. I'll get on that. I know NOTHING about it. Time I learned I guess.

Flashing in Ubuntu is easy and very quick. Look for Maderschramms complete SBF guide, its in there...or I'll link it for ya when I get home...

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I forgot how annoying all the ads are without root ;p

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
The main one is touch ripples paid, also backup everything, easy answer buttons.

Sent from my DROIDX

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Yup, don't like the ads.

Sent from my DROIDX

cory46
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
The main one is touch ripples paid, also backup everything, easy answer buttons.

Sent from my DROIDX

as for the first two I dont know why those would not show up but from some of the market comments I've read on easy answer buttons people are having issues with it on their nexus s and thats running gingerbread as well so there has to be conflict with the app and gingerbread, which would probably account for the first two as well just not meshing well with gb.

wake4x4ptball
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I hope z4root will make it work work Gingerbread Cuz I like to use wireless tethering and it much easy than other root method

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope z4root will make it work work Gingerbread Cuz I like to use wireless tethering and it much easy than other root method

Don't care how, just want it rooted

Sent from my DROIDX

Snow02
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
If you flashed the tether patch prior to installing GB, the hotspot works just fine.

Snow02
03-28-2011, 02:10 PM

Sent from my DROIDX

Install it from market.android.com.

cory46
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM

If you did the 3g HotSpot Patcher that was in the tbh app or at mydroidworld before you applied the leak you should still have wireless hotspot/thether abilities.... if not you could sbf back to .340 apply it then apply the leak. This should work but im not using it so i canot be absolutely sure but people at mydroidworld.com seem to still have the ability after doing all that jazz

Edit: Snow beat me too it. I give you much applause and 100 internets

bsbabcock
03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Flashing in Ubuntu is easy and very quick. Look for Maderschramms complete SBF guide, its in there...or I'll link it for ya when I get home...

Thanks Mike, No worries.. Found it I think.. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post106312
Post 4 Linux and sbf_flash

Snow02
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM

One can never have enough internets.

So, anyone know any linux programmers? Put them on rooting this if so. I'd pitch in on a collection to get it done.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
I love ginger, but the lack of access drives me nuts. No DROID x overclock, no reboot widget, and no task manager app. And how did I get blocked out of doing a factory reset? <---WTF?

supahrob
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
If you did the 3g HotSpot Patcher that was in the tbh app or at mydroidworld before you applied the leak you should still have wireless hotspot/thether abilities.... if not you could sbf back to .340 apply it then apply the leak. This should work but im not using it so i canot be absolutely sure but people at mydroidworld.com seem to still have the ability after doing all that jazz

I searched a bit around there but couldn't find it. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a link to the hotspot patcher so I can use it before I do the GB upgrde?

Take care,
Rob

CrAsH_OvErIdE
03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I am wondering if I was just screwed into locking my phone?

scottfree
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM

I just installed ubuntu as well on my pc I need to learn how to sbf on there as well no more windows for me. Gingerbread running great. Ubuntu and droid x gingerbread would b a good thread to start

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM
....Or until I load Ubuntu on the Mac so I can flash SBF..

Here's the link to the Linux part of the SBF guide.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post106312

Links to 1KDS's site with the full 2.3.340SBF file and the sbf_flash file you'll need are there too:

Droid X SBF Files (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
I love ginger, but the lack of access drives me nuts. No DROID x overclock, no reboot widget, and no task manager app. And how did I get blocked out of doing a factory reset? <---WTF?

After u see the exclamation point, you have to hit the other volume buttons instead of the search button

Giving Gingy a test run

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I just installed ubuntu as well on my pc I need to learn how to sbf on there as well no more windows for me. Gingerbread running great. Ubuntu and droid x gingerbread would b a good thread to start

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Once you do an SBF from Linux, you'll why in the world would anyone ever want to do it in Windows....

For those interested, you can download a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 here (it's what I use) burn it to a cd or to a USB drive, and run the entire SBF process from it...Nothing to install if you don't want to...

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Ohh my bad Hit both volume buttons

Giving Gingy a test run

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Windows is pretty easy, on ubuntu do u get less errors or something

Giving Gingy a test run

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Windows is pretty easy, on ubuntu do u get less errors or something

Giving Gingy a test run

The reason is that the SBF process does not need the Moto drivers or RDSLite in order to run the process, as well as errors from the different Windows versions (XP, Vista, Win7, 32-bit, 64-bit) thereby taking a lot of the problems folks can encounter, out of the equation..

If you have a Windows machine setup properly for it, and practice to make sure there are no errors with drivers etc.beforehand, it works fine...

wake4x4ptball
03-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Can you give me instructions and links to install hotspot patch. I think i'll keep 2.2 z4root method for now till they make root method for 2.3

cory46
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I searched a bit around there but couldn't find it. Would anyone be so kind as to give me a link to the hotspot patcher so I can use it before I do the GB upgrde?

Take care,
Rob

Here you go... TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/5156-tbh-droid-3g-hotspot-nvram-hack.html)

you're going to want of course the "patch" the "unpatcher" does exactly that and undoes the patch

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Ohh my bad Hit both volume buttons

Giving Gingy a test run

And hit the power button to select instead of the camera button

Giving Gingy a test run

giantsfan91
03-28-2011, 05:08 PM
if im using leak gingerbread then i cant root right? so how can i using wireless tether? thanks.

cory46
03-28-2011, 05:09 PM
apply the patch before flashing the leak and that is done by the link two replies up

macpro88
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
if im using leak gingerbread then i cant root right? so how can i using wireless tether? thanks.

No root, no free wireless tether, you are stuck paying for the VZW hotspot service.

spmdroidx
03-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Once you do an SBF from Linux, you'll why in the world would anyone ever want to do it in Windows....

For those interested, you can download a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 here (it's what I use) burn it to a cd or to a USB drive, and run the entire SBF process from it...Nothing to install if you don't want to...
I have had my ubuntu usb stick for awhile now and love it. How can I create a full ubuntu stick so I don't have to run the trial version. I want to make changes to my system with ubuntu but then be able to go back to windows when I remove the usb.

wikkdwarrior
03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Do I use all the same drivers and software to .sbf my droid x as idid on my og droid?

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I have had my ubuntu usb stick for awhile now and love it. How can I create a full ubuntu stick so I don't have to run the trial version. I want to make changes to my system with ubuntu but then be able to go back to windows when I remove the usb.

Looks like this is what your need:

Run Ubuntu 10.10 from USB drive (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9988779&postcount=9)

Though I'd recommend installing it to your hard drive, to save the read/write cycle life of the USB drive. 10.10 installs like an app now and easily removed, doesn't use much space, and at each reboot of the computer it will ask if you want to boot into Windows or Ubuntu...

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Do I use all the same drivers and software to .sbf my droid x as idid on my og droid?

No the sbf file will be different, not sure about RSDLite or the Moto drivers since I never had an OG..

The sbf file you want is the full 2.3.340 and it, as well as RSDLite and the Moto drivers can be found here:

Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

dawgs0024
03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I have installed the new GB update from team black hat. Is there anyway to restore to stock, or flash your recovery. I cannot do either of these since the phone cant be rooted. Any suggestions?

xxprodigyxx11
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
You would have to sbf back using rsd lite

cory46
03-28-2011, 05:57 PM
I have installed the new GB update from team black hat. Is there anyway to restore to stock, or flash your recovery. I cannot do either of these since the phone cant be rooted. Any suggestions?

Sbf just like the instructions tell you to in the op

drone46
03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Also; lost a few apps. And the market tells me they don't exist? Anybody else? One is paid and its gone but the free version is there.

I am having the same issue. Cant find a few apps. boo :(

spmdroidx
03-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Looks like this is what your need:

Run Ubuntu 10.10 from USB drive (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9988779&postcount=9)

Though I'd recommend installing it to your hard drive, to save the read/write cycle life of the USB drive. 10.10 installs like an app now and easily removed, doesn't use much space, and at each reboot of the computer it will ask if you want to boot into Windows or Ubuntu...

Sweet thanks!! Can I use my usb stick to instal on my hardware and use Ubuntu like you described? It is going on my labtop but soon on a custom pc

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Sweet thanks!! Can I use my usb stick to instal on my hardware and use Ubuntu like you described? It is going on my labtop but soon on a custom pc

Yes, the setup will ask whether you want to make a cd or usb in order to get to Ubuntu for the install...If you have any other questions about it, just PM me so we can get this thread back on track about Gingerbread...LOL...

dawgs0024
03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Sbf just like the instructions tell you to in the op

i tried to sbf with rsdlite but when i tried it and put my DX into bootloader, and clicked on the sbf file, rsdlite never gave me the option to flash it, the start button was grayed out

cory46
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Which version of rsdlite are you using

SpookyJ
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
So far I've noticed much better battery life, speedier (less laggy) graphics/animation, and, unless it's in my head or due to some other factor, slightly better signal reception - wifi & cellular. I like the keyboard update, am neutral on visual design, see some benefit to certain ease of use modifications (menus, etc) and like everyone else, I eagerly await Root so I can get rid of these insanely annoying ads.

- Sent from my Enormous Brain, using Telepathy 3.141.

dawgs0024
03-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Which version of rsdlite are you using

I originally had 4.0.1 which didnt have the grayed out start button, but then i changed it to 4.8 and it had the grayed out start button. Im downloading now a .sbf which is 2.2.1 which goes with 30.04 bootloader

soulsiphoner
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Ignore my previous post about not being able to turn off my data and sync. I was too sleepy and totally ignored the battery and data management in the settings...but yeah quicksettings won't do it, but it still allows access to the right place to do it manually.

cory46
03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I originally had 4.0.1 which didnt have the grayed out start button, but then i changed it to 4.8 and it had the grayed out start button. Im downloading now a .sbf which is 2.2.1 which goes with 30.04 bootloader

4.8 should work I used it and didn't have any issues if your on windows try loading ubuntu on a live cd/usb the "gingerbread now what" thread has a link on how to use linux with it which is rather easy and mike above talks about it he has you covered

jtb226
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Glad it is going well so far. Going to stick with Froyo/Liberty until 2.3 is rooted. I just got everything how I like it and am not ready to change yet. Plus I use Barnacle tethering a lot.

JeepDroid
03-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Glad it is going well so far. Going to stick with Froyo/Liberty until 2.3 is rooted. I just got everything how I like it and am not ready to change yet. Plus I use Barnacle tethering a lot.

I agree, liberty has my phone running good. I think ill stick around and wait and contemplate the ota.

eric eakin
03-29-2011, 07:38 AM
i love roms, but i love new things even better!! going to try this out right now! and if i dont like it , well ill figure that out when i get there haha!
:banana::banana::banana:

TheJustPull
03-29-2011, 07:40 AM
I seem to have the data sync issue others were having, what is the fix for this? wipe/reset? And then do I need to install it again? I should note I'm on the rooted version of gb.. liking it so far!!

eric eakin
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM
i got too excited and forgot to wipe data before flashing! oops. empty phone for me :(:

sbf here i go!

:tongue:

drone46
03-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I have to say that the speed and stability of 2.3 so far have me not missing root too much. Except for Ad Free. You forget how many ads you get on these things until you cant get rid of them. The only thing that I still hate about the new blur is the widgets. Almost every Blur widget is big and clunky and generally ugly. Moto really needs to take a lesson from Fede or the guys over at colorize about how to make a widget that is useful and that looks good...

macpro88
03-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Root has be obtained for 2.3.... see the post in the main thread for Everything About Gingerbread

wake4x4ptball
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm going stick with froyo with rooted z4root cuz I love to use wireless tethering and adfree. I'm going wait for ota

macpro88
03-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm going stick with froyo with rooted z4root cuz I love to use wireless tethering and adfree. I'm going wait for ota

Gingerbread has been rooted, so you can use both of those apps now :D If you take the OTA, GB might not be able to be rooted, the root was incorporated in the Gingerbread update.zip, it was done before flashing the file.

wake4x4ptball
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
But I rather use z4root cuz it much easy to set up than other methods and afraid if I messed up and I lost everything?

TideFan22
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
All u do for rooted ginger is flash it like a rom, and when it boots up its already rooted. So its kinda as easy or easier than z4

KornShukka

wake4x4ptball
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Can you find easy instructions for me to do it. I have 2.3. 340 froyo and want to upgrade to 2.3 and rooted

TideFan22
03-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Go to my DROID world. And look for rooted gingerbread it should be right there since its the main topic

KornShukka

TideFan22
03-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Or on this forum look for rooted gingerbread and on the first page is links and instructions

KornShukka

wake4x4ptball
03-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys I will try my best. Will there be difference between leaked and offically 2.3 and root?