PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread is released! Now what?

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:08 PM
My Droid World Forums - Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release Thread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/content/960-droid-x-gingerbread-2-3-3-release-thread.html)

and

Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - PreRelease Thread (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/6684-droid-x-gingerbread-2-3-3-prerelease-thread.html)

now that it is here, it provides some explanation of instructions like

Download and Install Instructions

Installing Firmware

1. Download this file from the TBH app or one of the mirrors below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone

If your phone bootloops you need to enter recovery and wipe data:

1. hold down power and home.
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
4, reboot system

now could someone give me a step by step example of how to get off gingerbread so i can get root back? i have never SBF'd before and i don't exactly want to screw it up my first time, before i get a lot of flaming posts of READ THE FORUMS. would any one be kind enough to explain it nicely for me? :) thanks!

Zantar6
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
NIICE!!! Cant wait! Downloading now!

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
To get off Gingerbread, just sbf, bootloader did not change.

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
sbf isnt hard, just follow the instructions in the threads around here, just take a few more mins that flashing and update.zip, that's all.

Abe21599
03-27-2011, 10:18 PM
moved to gingerbread section..

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:20 PM
moved to gingerbread section..

agreeable that it belongs in this section, but disagreeable that it will get the word out

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
sbf isnt hard, just follow the instructions in the threads around here, just take a few more mins that flashing and update.zip, that's all.

still not exactly sure how to do it

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
agreeable that it belongs in this section, but disagreeable that it will get the word out

Haha, trust me, the word is out lol. I am getting notifications for three different GB Leak threads just on this forum lol blowing up my email lol

Abe21599
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM

maderschramms guide in the RS guides will show u how to.

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:23 PM

There should be a link for an application called RSD Lite. When you boot into the bootloader, open the program and your phone should show up, the browse for the correct sbf file provided by the threads, and just click start, it will then do its thing, after it finished, it will most likely boot loop on you, battery pull, boot into stock recovery, wipe data/cache reboot and all is good!

shadesofthesun
03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Will this go OTA as an update sometime soon?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Will this go OTA as an update sometime soon?

It should, within the next week or so, 3-4 at the latest.

shadesofthesun
03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks, I'll sit back and watch and learn so someday I'll attemp some of these fun challenges.

It should, within the next week or so, 3-4 at the latest.

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
There should be a link for an application called RSD Lite. When you boot into the bootloader, open the program and your phone should show up, the browse for the correct sbf file provided by the threads, and just click start, it will then do its thing, after it finished, it will most likely boot loop on you, battery pull, boot into stock recovery, wipe data/cache reboot and all is good!

thanks. that is what i was looking for

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks, I'll sit back and watch and learn so someday I'll attemp some of these fun challenges.

Haha, take your time, I would wait till GB is rooted, then some really sweet custom ROM's and hacks will be coming our way :D

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:30 PM
i would love to actually have a video. since i am a visual learner

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I gotta say I like it. Can't wait till it gets rooted and rommed, roms are gonna kill on this

Giving Gingy a test run

macpro88
03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
i would love to actually have a video. since i am a visual learner

Hmm, not sure if there is a video or not, I guess search youtube lol Also, make sure you have a full battery, or you may do damage control

p3droid
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM
NIICE!!! Cant wait! Downloading now!

Here are the mirrors btw ;)

Download Mirrors:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NWM5PYP)

http://www.multiupload.com/RS_34Q1IPM9B2

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.multiupload.com/MU_34Q1IPM9B2)

Deposit Files (http://www.multiupload.com/DF_34Q1IPM9B2)

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip (http://www.multiupload.com/HF_34Q1IPM9B2)

zSHARE - Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage (http://www.multiupload.com/ZS_34Q1IPM9B2)

Download Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip for free on uploading.com (http://www.multiupload.com/UP_34Q1IPM9B2)

This is BS if you want to download this, link to my post and get it there. I never understand why people do not follow simple forum etiquette, don't post links to downloads from other forums without first getting permission, and I don't give you permission, Please remove the links.

Thank You. If this is not possible I can take it up with John (The owner of this site)

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:39 PM
This is BS if you want to download this, link to my post and get it there. I never understand why people do not follow simple forum etiquette, don't post links to downloads from other forums without first getting permission, and I don't give you permission, Please remove the links.

Thank You. If this is not possible I can take it up with John (The owner of this site)

i had no intention of linking downloads and followed by simple forum etiquette.

can't thank you enough for the leak! i am just trying to inquire some help on SBF since i am a complete noob at it

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Here's a vid goblue http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DUki4-61vhW4&v=Uki4-61vhW4&gl=US

Giving Gingy a test run

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Here's a vid goblue YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fw atch%3Fv%3DUki4-61vhW4&v=Uki4-61vhW4&gl=US)

Giving Gingy a test run

link doesn't work for me on my desktop

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Really? Huh worked on mine you got your phone near you? That will work

Giving Gingy a test run

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Go to youtube and put In. DXGB

Giving Gingy a test run

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Go to youtube and put In. DXGB

Giving Gingy a test run

ah i have seen that, i thought it was a video explaing how to SBF

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
oh wow you have to reactivate your phone and such to SBF? looks like i won't be SBF tonight or maybe not anytime soon

TideFan22
03-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Its not hard to reactivate, call number and hit one button, about 45sec later your done

Giving Gingy a test run

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Its not hard to reactivate, call number and hit one button, about 45sec later your done

Giving Gingy a test run

what i am reading is that you have to enter the last 4 digets of the account holder's SSN, which isn't mine and GL to me convinceing my mom that i need it to help fix my phone lol

macpro88
03-27-2011, 11:49 PM
what i am reading is that you have to enter the last 4 digets of the account holder's SSN, which isn't mine and GL to me convinceing my mom that i need it to help fix my phone lol

I don't think you will need it since you are staying on the same ESN phone, if you switched phones with different ESN's, than yes, you would need it.

CAEM X
03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Hmmmm is Gingerbread really worth leaving my apex 1.4.1. if so give me some good reasons ??

AirJordan
03-27-2011, 11:55 PM
For some reason GB isn't all that stable for me. At times its pretty quick and snappy, but at others it gets pretty slow and choppy for no apparent reason. It also seems to be making my phone much more hot than it normally would be on Froyo.

macpro88
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
For some reason GB isn't all that stable for me. At times its pretty quick and snappy, but at others it gets pretty slow and choppy for no apparent reason. It also seems to be making my phone much more hot than it normally would be on Froyo.

Boot into stock recovery and wipe data/cache and see if that does anything for you, so far things are going great for the last several hours.

goblueboy
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Hmmmm is Gingerbread really worth leaving my apex 1.4.1. if so give me some good reasons ??

faster, better battery life. it's new and an android version that only a few percent of phones get to experience.. for now

Zantar6
03-27-2011, 11:58 PM
My sincerest apologies. I was excited and I wasn't thinking when I posted the links.

eljoker
03-28-2011, 12:02 AM
You don't need the last 4 of any thing but if your mom will get back I wouldn't mess with your phone if I were you.

AirJordan
03-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Boot into stock recovery and wipe data/cache and see if that does anything for you, so far things are going great for the last several hours.

I did that right after flashing this SBF, but for some reason it didn't restore my wallpaper to stock and it didn't fix a wifi disconnecting issue I'd been having while on Rubix. I suppose I'll give it some more time to settle in and maybe it'll start getting better over time, I don't plan on staying on this for too long though since it isn't really offering a whole lot, other than fancy new graphics and animations. It doesn't seem any faster to me than Rubix or Liberty either.

eljoker
03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Is the keyboard that's included the stock gingerbread keyboard? I seem to be miss typing more.

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 12:05 AM
You don't need the last 4 of any thing but if your mom will get back I wouldn't mess with your phone if I were you.

"but if your mom will get back" don't really understand what this means but i am fine customizing this. the only problem is that my parents are stubborn when it comes to personal data for anything and it might take me weeks to get it. but that's my parents for yeah

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 12:08 AM
So Gingerbread is better than OC'ing ? Can it be rooted ? I mean i just dont wanna lose all the fun i have with APEX at the time.

goliath602
03-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I just installed gingerbread on my X and i love it. I cant wait until a root is available for it.

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 12:09 AM
So Gingerbread is better than OC'ing ? Can it be rooted ? I mean i just dont wanna lose all the fun i have with APEX at the time.

hasn't been rooted yet.

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
hasn't been rooted yet.

But would it be faster than my 1.3GHz OC'd ?

Thats all im worried about it i wonder if i would lose speed

WugFresh
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
aliasxerog from FreeMyMoto is working on patching an exploit so we can use old root methods... hopefully root within the week.

{{ WugFresh }}

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Sweet, root shortly, then after root, sweet @$$ roms that will kill on this

Giving Gingy a test run

hlaalu
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
I wonder if the reboot issue when plugging into a computer is fixed!? lol

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 12:19 AM
aliasxerog from FreeMyMoto is working on patching an exploit so we can use old root methods... hopefully root within the week.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh u are my hero as long we can get root soon i will try it bro. Now ... since im running apex rom do i have to do anything special or just put it on my sd and go in to my bootstrap and install from sd after back up and wipe of course .

xxprodigyxx11
03-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Gotta say ginger is pretty nice. Getting 1700 plus quadrant with all my apps installed. New blur home is nice but im stickin with adw ex. Been using for a few hours now and 0 bugs so far. Pretty happy.

spmdroidx
03-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Is there a link to read that explains what is exactly different or changed? It just looks like a different theme

WugFresh
03-28-2011, 12:23 AM
WugFresh u are my hero as long we can get root soon i will try it bro. Now ... since im running apex rom do i have to do anything special or just put it on my sd and go in to my bootstrap and install from sd after back up and wipe of course .

You need to install the new firmware.. from TBH app I believe.. Check OP's link to mydroidworld.

{{ WugFresh }}

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 12:26 AM
i still don't know exactly how to SBF. which is holding me back from installing this. i guess its a whole new thing of hacking that relates to bricking and I haven't gathered enough info to actually do it

macpro88
03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
i still don't know exactly how to SBF. which is holding me back from installing this. i guess its a whole new thing of hacking that relates to bricking and I haven't gathered enough info to actually do it

There really isn't much too it...

Download the RSD Lite Program
Download the .sbf file
Plug in your phone to the PC
Boot into bootloader
Open the program, it will see your phone is connected
Hit the file button and open the .sbf files
Hit start, and it will do its thing, once the program says 100% done and the phone rebooted, you are back to bare bone stock.

It just seems intimidating because you are getting your PC involved, and extra step, but is really not that difficult. I will say I have messed things up badly from doing my own thing, and this recovers me where I want to be.

spmdroidx
03-28-2011, 12:38 AM

Download the .sbf file
Boot into bootloader
Hit start, and it will do its thing, once the program says 100% done and the phone rebooted, you are back to bare bone stock.

It just seems intimidating because you are getting your PC involved, and extra step, but is really not that difficult. I will say I have messed things up badly from doing my own thing, and this recovers me where I want to be.

Do you have to update in usb drivers?

My market was crashing, cause of this?

macpro88
03-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Do you have to update in usb drivers?

You will need the USB drivers if you are Windows XP, Vista and 7 should install them automatically.

RSD Lite is not available for Mac as far as I know.

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 12:45 AM
could i download this and take the ota update when it comes out or do i gotta sbf then take the ota update?

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 12:48 AM
ok noob question do i have to SBF or can i just install wipe and install gingerbread. Im kind of confused right now what to do... im running apex 141.

macpro88
03-28-2011, 12:48 AM
could i download this and take the ota update when it comes out or do i gotta sbf then take the ota update?

No, cause you are already on the 2.3.3, you would need to sbf back and then take the OTA

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 12:50 AM
ok thanks for the info :)

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 12:50 AM

Download the .sbf file
Boot into bootloader

this sounds like a dumb question but: do I put the .sbf on my pc or my phone?

Basis
03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm liking GB so far. Havent missed root...yet. Quadrant scores are higher than with any rom I've tried. Wish they (moto) would have changed up the widgets to match the much improved blur. Can't wait for root.

Sent from my breaded with ginger DX

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
ok noob question do i have to SBF or can i just install wipe and install gingerbread. Im kind of confused right now what to do... im running apex 141.
i think you gotta sbf if you want to get back to where you were before u flash gingerbread

macpro88
03-28-2011, 12:54 AM

On your PC, so that when you open RSD Lite you can point it to the file.

trenton
03-28-2011, 12:55 AM

On your computer..then choose it in rsdlite..

goblueboy
On your PC, so that when you open RSD Lite you can point it to the file.

thanks

idontliketolose
on your pc

trenton
03-28-2011, 12:56 AM
..lol

WugFresh
03-28-2011, 12:56 AM

Comp. And you need latest drivers from moto. Windows 7 wont find them all.
http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/MotoHelper_2.0.40_Driver_4.9.0.exe

{{ WugFresh }}

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 12:58 AM
man i wish someone would answer my question. what's it take to get some help around here!?!?!

LOL

Snow02
03-28-2011, 01:00 AM
ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!

Jk...

macpro88
03-28-2011, 01:02 AM
man i wish someone would answer my question. what's it take to get some help around here!?!?!

LOL

haha, we trying to help you lol, we are just not sure what you having an issue with, I am confused as to why this is confusing for you lol, what do you not get about this process?

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 01:05 AM
haha, we trying to help you lol, we are just not sure what you having an issue with, I am confused as to why this is confusing for you lol, what do you not get about this process?

i just try to consume a lot of information about doing something hacking wise before i actually do it. it's just what i do before i do anything that could mess my phone up.

it took me a good whole weekend long of research before i decided to root my phone.

trenton
03-28-2011, 01:10 AM
I'll say this to help you out

Sbf: in a nutshell

Boot phone into bootloader(all black screen with white text)

Plug in phone to computer

Open rsdlite, chose sbf file and start.

Your phone will boot up automatically.

Done.

Its not so bad

There are plenty of guides on this

eljoker
03-28-2011, 01:11 AM
"but if your mom will get back" don't really understand what this means but i am fine customizing this. the only problem is that my parents are stubborn when it comes to personal data for anything and it might take me weeks to get it. but that's my parents for yeah
i ment mad idk how back was used

eljoker
03-28-2011, 01:14 AM
this should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 01:21 AM
videos are #winning.

eljoker
03-28-2011, 01:23 AM
tigerblood......

fezrock
03-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Now what? Now that I'm on a blur rom again, I think I'll test drive GBs hdmi and 1798 quadrant score by watching a movie! Review forthcoming in @ 2hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using GB

WugFresh
03-28-2011, 01:25 AM
I keep almost flashing... and then thinking about no root... I can't live without root. I will just wait.. lol

{{ WugFresh }}

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 01:27 AM
just flashed to sbf how to go into bootstrap now since im stock ? and install the gingerbread ?

trenton
03-28-2011, 01:31 AM
just flashed to sbf how to go into bootstrap now since im stock ? and install the gingerbread ?

Root and use dxbootstrap app...you didn't need to sbf you could have installed gb over whatever rom you were on...o well..

WugFresh
Root with z4 and download bootstrapper.

{{ WugFresh }}

goblueboy
so do i have to sbf an older version of the sbf files and then the current?

trenton
03-28-2011, 01:35 AM
so do i have to sbf an older version of the sbf files and then the current?

......no?....just get the latest"full sbf" from 1KDS site

eljoker
03-28-2011, 01:36 AM
if your running liberty your probly on 340, so just install GB like you would any rom

if you need to sbf, then you only sbf the 340 file

on the vid, just follow the instructions on how to, not what to and youll be ok

jmartinez748
03-28-2011, 01:38 AM
I keep almost flashing... and then thinking about no root... I can't live without root. I will just wait.. lol

{{ WugFresh }}

Same here I get so close to doing it then thinking about a root app I'll lose

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 01:38 AM
......no?....just get the latest"full sbf" from 1KDS site

read/saw some stuff suggesting that.

sorry for asking a question?

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Root and use dxbootstrap app...you didn't need to sbf you could have installed gb over whatever rom you were on...o well..

Are u f'ing for real ????? i did all this crap .... damn i wish u helped me out earlier man

cleopete
03-28-2011, 01:40 AM

{{ WugFresh }}

Cool, I'm waiting. No sense falling in love with Gingerbread and having to go back. It could make me feel bad about Froyo.

Sounds like P3 is gonna send out a C&D...

trenton
03-28-2011, 01:50 AM
read/saw some stuff suggesting that.

sorry for asking a question?

sorry dude i was confused @ your question...wasn't trying to be an a-hole

no? = i dont think so

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 01:51 AM
i am dead tired plus so mad right now if i only knew all i had to do was install it. Damn Z4root still taking its sweet ass time right now.

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Are u f'ing for real ????? i did all this crap .... damn i wish u helped me out earlier man
atleast if you ever wanna go back or if anything ever goes wrong you know how to now :)

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 01:56 AM
i am dead tired plus so mad right now if i only knew all i had to do was install it. Damn Z4root still taking its sweet ass time right now.

going to bed wouldn't exactly be a bad idea. getting rest and taking a breather can really help before doing stuff like this

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 02:20 AM
i got an older sbf file on my pc already. its the one before 2.3.340. Ive used it before and rooted then flashed my backup. it should still be ok to use that old sbf file i have right?

macpro88
03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
i got an older sbf file on my pc already. its the one before 2.3.340. Ive used it before and rooted then flashed my backup. it should still be ok to use that old sbf file i have right?

IDK, I would be safe and use the 2.3.340, I think as long as your bootloader version is compatible thats all that matters, bootloader 30.04 is used with 2.3.340

CAEM X
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
atleast if you ever wanna go back or if anything ever goes wrong you know how to now :)

true that :big smile:

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah I guess as long as the bootloaders the same that's all that matters. Thanks! Also I gotta say Gbread is AMAZING!!! One thing though. My data sync symbol appears in the notification bar but I got it turned off? Anyone else got that?

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 11:55 AM

If it's the .320 it should work, but why? Just d/l the full 2.3.340 from 1KDS's site here: http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/

(Swypin' Gingerbread on the go)

lynneddington
03-28-2011, 12:00 PM
As fast as gingy is, what's it gonna be like when we get root and overclock??

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 12:06 PM
your right. it would save me a step having the newer version. Thanks!
If it's the .320 it should work, but why? Just d/l the full 2.3.340 from 1KDS's site here: Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/)

(Swypin' Gingerbread on the go)

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 01:32 PM
anyone have it rooted yet?

trenton
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
As fast as gingy is, what's it gonna be like when we get root and overclock??

its going to be awesome...er

cory46
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM

here is a video that might help you a bit more.. http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-how-tos/6233-how-sbf-droid-x-2-3-320-340-a.html

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 04:53 PM
here is a video that might help you a bit more.. How To SBF Droid X to 2.3.320/.340 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-how-tos/6233-how-sbf-droid-x-2-3-320-340-a.html)

thanks bro, someone already linked me the video but thanks for it anyway :)

cory46
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
ha yeah I posted that without fully reading the whole thread... whoops

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
For those interested, here is what Eriscsch333 on MDW has tried to gain root access already, just so we aren't all trying to re-invent the wheel..

(Not yet) Root with GB 2.3.3 work togther
I have been trying all methoded and no luck let's list all the methoded that we use and we can work togther and not wast time trying thing 10 time.

Z4root / no /
SuperOneClick v1.7 / no
SuperUser app in the market / no
One Click Root/UnRoot / no
Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / no
1-click root for N1 / no
aRoot for Atrix 4G / got su installed and can run rom manger but it is so slow it unuseable not full root.
r14: VISIONary + one click root / no
SuperOneClick v1.6.5 ShortFuse 2.zip / no
SuperOneClick v1.7 ShortFuse 2.zip / no

So far all the old exploit have been closed was able to gain temp root but the phone is usless.

macpro88
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
For those interested, here is what Eriscsch333 on MDW has tried to gain root access already, just so we aren't all trying to re-invent the wheel..

I have been trying all methoded and no luck let's list all the methoded that we use and we can work togther and not wast time trying thing 10 time.

Z4root / no /
SuperOneClick v1.7 / no
1-click root for N1 / no
aRoot for Atrix 4G / got su installed and can run rom manger but it is so slow it unuseable not full root.

So far all the old exploit have been closed was able to gain temp root but the phone is usless.

Bummer, I am sure they will figure it out eventually.

eljoker
03-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Is the multitasking different in Gb or is it just the blur?

macpro88
03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Is the multitasking different in Gb or is it just the blur?

Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers (http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-2.3-highlights.html)

Here you go, Blur is just how it all looks.

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
You know the first thing I did when I put gingerbread on my x and has made a huge performance difference was disable window animations I never have been really thrilled with that kind of stuff anyone else do this?

Sent from my freshly baked gingerbread X

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 05:24 PM

Z4root / no /
SuperOneClick v1.7 / no
1-click root for N1 / no

aliasxerog:possible gingerbread root (some assembly required): Root for Gingerbread - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://tinyurl.com/gbroot)

i made another thread just for it, can i include your info or can you post it there?

joshw0000
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Anyone tried the HTC Eris 1 click root app from the market? I'm almost sure it wont work but it's worth a try.

joshw0000
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
...or Universal Androot?
...or Unrevoked?

snoop5
03-28-2011, 06:56 PM
or moto zoom one click

Mike7143
03-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Gingerbread is released! Now what?

I'm not kidding... In about a week, we need to delete every single Gingerbread thread with noobs asking "how do I flash back to my old X from the new one?". Stickies exist for a reason. FAQ's exist for a reason. Make two or three formal threads for how to get the leak, how to get back to Froyo, a FAQ (that's already started but is still being destroyed by noob questions), and etc. and then make the sticky thread text bold and large.

/anal neat-freak rant

Edit: yes I know I'm a new member as well, but I take the time to read before firing off new topics or posting in unrelated threads!

ARHicken
03-28-2011, 07:47 PM
any reviews i smashed my iphone from dropping so back to the x

Mike7143
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
any reviews i smashed my iphone from dropping so back to the x

Reviews are littered all over the forum and internet, just do some googling and forum surfing. I personally haven't installed it, waiting for reviews from others first. Sounds good so far though.

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Go into settings, about phone then go to android version tap it repeaditly about 5 or 6 times, and check that out. Gr8tmick found it

Giving Gingy a test run

AirJordan
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Go into settings, about phone then go to android version tap it repeaditly about 5 or 6 times, and check that out

Giving Gingy a test run

Woa nice find! Haha that's an interesting addition.

troDDen
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
anyone have it rooted yet?

Don't think they have figured out how yet

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm not kidding... In about a week, we need to delete every single Gingerbread thread with noobs asking "how do I flash back to my old X from the new one?". Stickies exist for a reason. FAQ's exist for a reason. Make two or three formal threads for how to get the leak, how to get back to Froyo, a FAQ (that's already started but is still being destroyed by noob questions), and etc. and then make the sticky thread text bold and large.

/anal neat-freak rant

Edit: yes I know I'm a new member as well, but I take the time to read before firing off new topics or posting in unrelated threads!

cool story bro, i wanted a more in depth information. So sue me for going above and beyond information + conformation about how to completely do this before i actually do this. It's not like this thread did any damage and it led to more people conversing about it. heck it probably even helped other people out, oh man a thread that has news + how to combined into both? I don't have to go anywhere to find this? sweet right?

/unrant

jgraham4598
03-28-2011, 08:17 PM
After spending a day on GB I sbf'd back to stock. I really liked GB but there were a couple of apps that wouldn't install and like Wug I couldn't live without root.....or bootstrap. Plus this gave me a reason to finally use RSDLite. Which by the way is really easy to use. I will be back on GB as soon as we have root. Thanks to everyone for the great instructions and tutorials.

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Go into settings, about phone then go to android version tap it repeaditly about 5 or 6 times, and check that out. Gr8tmick found it

Giving Gingy a test run

I tried that but nothing happened what's it supposed to do lol?

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Just keep tapping it and there's a zombie pic with android dude and gingerbread guy. Are u tapping android version, where it says 2.3.3?

Giving Gingy a test run

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes ill try again

mikeinrichmond
03-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Took me about 50 consistent taps..

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Ha ha that's awesome I wish there was a way to save that pic ...

Mike7143
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Screenshot with SDK!

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah I did it twice, and I went back and tryed a third and it took me about 50 or so I started to think it wasn't gonna pop up again

Giving Gingy a test run

trenton
03-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Haha yeah that easter egg was in the sdk when it first came out.... You just have to tap fast

Artisticsoul79
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
After reading all of this, I think I am going to sit back and play it safe.. Waiting for the rooted GB version just might be worth the wait... :)

macpro88
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
After reading all of this, I think I am going to sit back and play it safe.. Waiting for the rooted GB version just might be worth the wait... :)

It will be big when its rooted sure, but it will also be a long time before we see great ROM's for it, not like ROM's will be out the next day after its rooted lol

I for one, am enjoying the stock Gingerbread, I think its great!

trenton
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
so any devs start tearing this open to cook up a ROM yet?

or have any of them said they are planning on it?

gunner1982
03-28-2011, 08:33 PM

I felt the same way but I am soo very glad I did the only thing im really missing is adfree other than that this new blur and android os is great

macpro88
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
so any devs start tearing this open to cook up a ROM yet?

or have any of them said they are planning on it?

Needs to be rooted first I believe... have to root to pull framework and system files I think, unless a lot of the devs actually have unlocked dev phones from Moto

Artisticsoul79
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
It will be big when its rooted sure, but it will also be a long time before we see great ROM's for it, not like ROM's will be out the next day after its rooted lol

I for one, am enjoying the stock Gingerbread, I think its great!

Now you're tempting me! Shame on you... :)

Well I'll be doing tons of research tomorrow on how to get my stock back from Apex 1.4.1 so I can upgrade... I just tried the system update on my Apex rom and it said I'm updated...

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Im liking the gingerbread, its getting quadrant scores of what a rom gets on 340, but when the new liberty update drops, im going back, but when this gets rooted then ill stay

Giving Gingy a test run

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Now you're tempting me! Shame on you... :)

Well I'll be doing tons of research tomorrow on how to get my stock back from Apex 1.4.1 so I can upgrade... I just tried the system update on my Apex rom and it said I'm updated...

it's not out over the air (OTA) but its leaked out on the webpages on the OP.

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
Im liking the gingerbread, its getting quadrant scores of what a rom gets on 340, but when the new liberty update drops, im going back, but when this gets rooted then ill stay

Giving Gingy a test run

the way this is going i think that root might even come before new liberty o.O

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Well then that will be a tough decision for me lol. Full gingy, no roms or 340 new liberty? That will hard to choose

Giving Gingy a test run

Artisticsoul79
03-28-2011, 08:55 PM
it's not out over the air (OTA) but its leaked out on the webpages on the OP.

Yea, I just read a different thread and found the link to the install... Still reading, my friends....

fezrock
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Well then that will be a tough decision for me lol. Full gingy, no roms or 340 new liberty? That will hard to choose

Giving Gingy a test run

It wouldn't surprise me to see a few bold individuals try to run Lib 2.0 on GB. If it's rooted by then, of course.

And I'm enjoying GB still!

Sign the petition to free your phone! http://www.groubal.com/motorola-lockedencrypted-bootloader-policy/

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 09:01 PM

Giving Gingy a test run

why don't you just do both? Rooted gingy would allow you to backup. make a back up sbf back to new liberty. if it is worth staying then stay. if not flash gingy and restore backup. (well if bootstrapper gets updated that is)

JNEHAMA
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Woa nice find! Haha that's an interesting addition.

Made me laugh thanks! What made you try it in the first place?

By the way I think you can find that pic on one of the Gingerbread themes for ADW as a wallpaper.

joshjunior
03-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I had that image saved somewhere...it popped up at the beginning of all the gb hype

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM
I got the data sync symbol on my notification bar and can't get it off! If I force stop the data storage app it disappears but keeps coming back. Does anyone know why it stays on there? Or how to get it off?

cory46
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes your gonna have to write data/factory reset. that is the only solution I've seen thus far

So
1 enter stock recovery and use power button to select unlike clockwork
2 wipe
3 reboot
4 ??????
5 profit

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:12 PM
straight from P3Droid's Tweet: "OK YOU HAVE TO PROMISE NOT TO KILL MY SERVER, BUT I HAVE ROOT ON CONSUMER GINGERBREAD, pass the word"

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:14 PM
another tweet: "Instructions coming soon, but you will need to start at 2.3.340"

Dustin0308
03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Ha..I'm glad I waited..nice..this is a permanent root right?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

1KDS
03-28-2011, 10:20 PM
looks like it. everyone with gb will need to sbf back to 2.3.340

1KDS
03-28-2011, 10:23 PM
... and TBH to release a blurless GB soon

Dustin0308
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Nice..I cross posted sorry bout that mods..I'm too excited lol

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

KStylez
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
sweeeettttt...bring it on

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
... and TBH to release a blurless GB soon

i swear i can never post information fast on this forum before someone else posts it haha

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Sweet, wow that was fast, wonder what method we'll be using

Giving Gingy a test run

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Sweet, wow that was fast

Giving Gingy a test run

took one day to do. boss status achieved

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:31 PM
also he said Going to be working with other members of TBH to try and get you a blurless GB as well, no eta on that though we have all the parts

a blurless rom? GG already

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Do u have an idea of how soon it will be till its released, cause if u know and its soon, I can Sbf now or wait

Giving Gingy a test run

shawn
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice I just might have to try it this weekend

bluedroid Undervolted-oc'd rubix

idontliketolose
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes your gonna have to write data/factory reset. that is the only solution I've seen thus far

So
1 enter stock recovery and use power button to select unlike clockwork
2 wipe
3 reboot
4 ??????
5 profit

Artisticsoul79
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Ut oh! I tried installing the Gingerbread and while I was in Boot Recovery, it would not install because I think I accidentally deleted the updates.zip file... Can someone drop it for me so I can get the new GB? Thanks!

goblueboy
03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Do u have an idea of how soon it will be till its released, cause if u know and its soon, I can Sbf now or wait

Giving Gingy a test run

either tonight or tomorrow. my guesstimate

macpro88
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/everything-about-gingerbread/22346-root-android-2-3-gingerbread.html

See here and await instructions :D

ryant35
03-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I loaded this before realizing without root I can just boot into clockwork recovery and just restore my liberty 1.5. Now I've SBF flashed back to stock but now I'm on android version 2.2.1, so now I need to install the froyo update so I can restore my liberty 1.5 backup. Sigh. Next time I'll plan ahead a little better. So it's not an easy process to get back for sure.

But I do LOVE gingerbread! I love the dialer and the screen rotate animations. I can't wait to install it again once they figure out root.

TideFan22
03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
That is Froyo, all u have to do is reroot and restore your backup
Is your system version 2.3.340?
My X has been OrangeSliced

toddbumpa
03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Help please.... Downloaded the zip via TBH, used bootstrap recovery, but when i try to flash GB i get:

Opening update package:
E:Cant open/sdcard/teamblackhat/Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip(bad)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

shawn
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Bad download ? Try again

ryant35
03-28-2011, 11:45 PM
That is Froyo, all u have to do is reroot and restore your backup
Is your system version 2.3.340?
My X has been OrangeSliced

Yes I did have 2.3.340, it's been so long since I was stock Froyo I forgot what it looked like.
Oh I ran the maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html) update just in case and now I just restored by backup. Finally back to Liberty 1.5, what a long afternoon!

toddbumpa
03-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Bad download ? Try again

yep.....tried again using my pc....all good. TBH's server overloaded maybe?

Artisticsoul79
03-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Ok, I've got the Gingerbread installed from TBH and my market is currently installing my apps... In the meantime, I am finding that GB is really choppy and there's not much difference between the 2.2 version speed.. What's all the hype about Gingerbread? Unless I've done something wrong or there's a tweek to be made.. I'm giving it a day to play around with, otherwise I'll be going back to Apex 1.4.1..

macpro88
03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Ok, I've got the Gingerbread installed from TBH and my market is currently installing my apps... In the meantime, I am finding that GB is really choppy and there's not much difference between the 2.2 version speed.. What's all the hype about Gingerbread? Unless I've done something wrong or there's a tweek to be made.. I'm giving it a day to play around with, otherwise I'll be going back to Apex 1.4.1..

Let the phone build up a cache first before you decide you don't like it, it should in time feel snappier and faster.

TideFan22
03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Mine was choppy when apps were redownloading, but now its flying. Its getting higher quadrant scores on stock, than 340 roms. Wait till there's roms for this they'll be hitting mid 2000's on stock its hitting 2000 and higher. Its way faster than froyo. Much smoother

KornShukka

Artisticsoul79
03-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Alright that.ks for the advice.. I'll wait it out and give it a shot for a while... :)

AirJordan
03-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm still experiencing periods of choppiness and slow-downs, but overall GB is much better than GB. Something I've noticed is button presses are much more responsive than on Froyo. It used to take two (onscreen) button presses sometimes to have it register, but on GB it often only takes one press and that's it. This was most notable in the market while viewing the page of an app, the search button and install buttons at the top of the page are very responsive now, as opposed to feeling buggy on Froyo. Overall, I'm loving GB and I can't wait for the OTA release and ROMS to start appearing.

ryant35
03-29-2011, 11:10 PM
The new car dock is so much better, and I also like the dialer interface while on the car dock, the number pad is actually usable.

Over all I like GB better than Liberty.

lynneddington
03-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Im really liking the gb. smooth and fast.

jus1975
04-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I need help understanding what and how...
What is rooting and how do you do it?
What is bootstrap and how do you do it?
How do I download Gingerbread and can I go back if i dont like it?
etc.
Educate me please

mopar-x
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I need help understanding what and how...
What is rooting and how do you do it?
What is bootstrap and how do you do it?
How do I download Gingerbread and can I go back if i dont like it?
etc.
Educate me please

Read this to help get you started.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/200-dummies-guide-android-terminology-lingo.html

Sent from mopar-x from inside his gingerbread house