PDA

View Full Version : cover and holster for DX w/ extended battery

goldsmitht
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Ok, so i have seen a few discussions on here, but are all old, and hoping new information is available:

i have the BH6X, and even tho it only adds about a mm to the width, my original case and holster, while still working (very SNUG in holster), i have found that my holster is breaking. have seen that some have suggested using the case without a batter cover, but would think that even tho it doesn't get that hot, that without the cover it would get too hot in a gel or plastic cover, or would allow too much dust in to be good for phone.

would like a new case AND holster that fits the DX w/bh6x extended battery, so any help would be greatly appreciated
:big smile:

spodoc
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Otterbox defender has a holster and works with bh6x bit is too big for everyday carry IMO

The persuader
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Hello,
I have a Verizon Rubberized Cover on the phone and it fits into my Leather Case with no issues...However, Its like a Baseball Glove...it needs to be Broken-In...In addition, I to have BH6X Battery as well...It fits a tight as a Spoil of Thread...so far so good...

LOL

Its Bubba

goldsmitht
03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
:crazy:OK, so after reading more, i have seen examples of people saying to leave the battery case off, which sounds like it would be trouble if i used a gel cover (heat), use the old battery door cover (but that "may" cause a spot on my screen) and even "wrap a piece of plastic wrap around back and then slip cover over (??? - melted plastic on my battery and phone?)

guess the bottom answer is that do whatever works, and work around the lack of a GOOD solution for a caes and cover, since i have an extended battery.

ryant35
03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm using the BH6X with the standard battery door and it fits fine. I heard about possible pressure on the back of the screen but I haven't noticed any issues. So I can use any case or holster with my extended battery.