PDA

View Full Version : Mortorola Multimedia dock / phone screen timeout

sierra
03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I have the Motorola Multimedia Dock that I love. I use my phone for my clock and alarm clock .

Problem is, about 60% of the time when I put the phone on the dock...the display times out and goes black. I either have to choose the dock from the notification bar, (and often several times) or remove the phone and reinsert into the dock again, (often several times) before it will show up as the clock.

Anyone know how to avoid having to do this?

Thanks

eric eakin
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
have you tried hitting the brightness so its lower? i think itll stay on that way, at least mine does.

sierra
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
No.. havent tried that.... but it does always eventually work.. .it just takes several tries. But I will give that a shot tonight and see if it helps.

fsand
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I wish I could figure out how to get mine to go dark after like 30-45 minutes, it is so damn bright it wakes me up sometimes, and then it's so bright you can't fall asleep. And that dim feature just like dims the numbers not the background, so it is still so bright. I alos love the dock and use the clock but man that annoys me. Maybe we should switch phones, lol.

Cigar_Junkie
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I use an app called bedside, it throws the big clock on the screen and dims it to a low level. Closest thing I have found to my old blackberry bedside mode. I also had so much trouble getting the two pins, hdmi and charging, to align I took a pair of cutters and removed the hdmi jack. Much better now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ohbroncofan
03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
I wish I could figure out how to get mine to go dark after like 30-45 minutes, it is so damn bright it wakes me up sometimes, and then it's so bright you can't fall asleep. And that dim feature just like dims the numbers not the background, so it is still so bright. I alos love the dock and use the clock but man that annoys me. Maybe we should switch phones, lol. Press the power button once it is in the dock. It will make the screen go black, but your alarm will still work.

ohbroncofan
03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I have the Motorola Multimedia Dock that I love. I use my phone for my clock and alarm clock .

Problem is, about 60% of the time when I put the phone on the dock...the display times out and goes black. I either have to choose the dock from the notification bar, (and often several times) or remove the phone and reinsert into the dock again, (often several times) before it will show up as the clock.

Anyone know how to avoid having to do this?

Thanks

Could you be hitting the power button on accident once it is in the dock?