PDA

View Full Version : BH5X Vs. BH6X 1880mah & 1930mah How much longer will it work?

fsand
03-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi all,

What I am trying to figure out is how much longer the BH6X will last over the BH5X. I am familiar with battery technology and understand that results vary based on call time, usage, GPS, WIFI, etc., etc. However, I know for myself that even though my own usage may vary I can average out about how long a battery will last me and when the phone needs charging. I assume the same is true for most of you guys. So what I would like to know is when you upgraded from the 1500mah stock battery did you gain a REAL noticeable difference in lasting power or was it just like eh so so? I mean if all I am going to gain is like 30 mins of overall usage it's like eh so... if I could gain an hour or two of usage, that might just get me through my normal day. So have at it, which battery are you using, and in terms of the stock battery how much longer do you last? Is it 25% more 30% more? 50% more?

Thanks in advance!

mikeinrichmond
03-27-2011, 09:32 AM
After switching, I'd say it is about +20% better consistently...Get through using it all day at work and rarely go below 50% now...

jgraham4598
03-27-2011, 10:06 AM
I too am getting at least 20 percent better life. It might even be higher.
I take my phone off the charger around 6:00 am and then am a moderate to heavy user throughout the day. By the time I go to bed around 11:30 the phone is around 25 percent. The extended battery is the best puchase I have made for my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

spartacus_33
03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
If you buy the battery from a verizon store... and you find it's not worth the purchase you can return it within 30 days.

I would say 20 to 30 percent better performance.

fsand
03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks to all for the information.

If you buy the battery from a verizon store... and you find it's not worth the purchase you can return it within 30 days.
I would say 20 to 30 percent better performance.

Thanks for that I was unaware they had a 30 day policy, especially on batteries, thanks!

The persuader
03-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello M-I-R...

I agree with that statement M-I-R...

I pound the hell out of my phone with Emails & Phone calls all day...I came home at 5:00 and it registered 55%...So, I was "Happy as a Clam at High Tide"...but I would suggest you buy your batteries at Amazon...Verizon will charge you $50 for that puppy...Oh...thats for Convenience...but I call it...Sudden Impact...

"For Sure"
Its Bubba

spartacus_33
03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Weird battery performance today... I ran my 3 day old BH6X for only 11 hours today with moderate usage and I'm down to 15% already. I ran the battery dead last night and charged it all night. It was great the first two days. Have to keep my eye on this.

The persuader
03-27-2011, 08:35 PM
What I notice a lot of is...GPS kicking in or Unneccessary Apps as well...but I am still getting a full boat for my Day...Usage with your Phone is definitely a factor with any battery...For Sure..

Good Luck...have an Awesome Week...

Its Bubba

fsand
03-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Hello M-I-R...

I agree with that statement M-I-R...

I pound the hell out of my phone with Emails & Phone calls all day...I came home at 5:00 and it registered 55%...So, I was "Happy as a Clam at High Tide"...but I would suggest you buy your batteries at Amazon...Verizon will charge you $50 for that puppy...Oh...thats for Convenience...but I call it...Sudden Impact...

"For Sure"
Its Bubba

Well I bought two 5x's from amazon the other day at $5.94, and then noted some peeps on eBay selling the 6x for low $$, then I saw the 6x thread saying the battery fits with the original cover, so I thought I would ask all the good questions about strength and stamina, lol. But a Verizon try and buy, that is always useful to know I think.

The persuader
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Man...
I am depressed knowing these batteries sell for so little at Amazon...Are they the same batteries you get at Verizon????

The BH6 is definitely better with performance and for lasting longer for the way I use my phone...even with attachements or Spreadsheets...

Wow!!!!!
5.94 for batteries...are they used....
Its Bubba

spartacus_33
03-27-2011, 09:07 PM
We all know there are fakes out there for everything. I've heard bad things about 2nd or 3rd party batteries. That's why I bought it from Verizon. Granted... it is still made in China.

The persuader
03-27-2011, 09:40 PM
China...like thats a surprize...

Hey, I like your Avatar...its very Unique

fsand
03-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Man...
I am depressed knowing these batteries sell for so little at Amazon...Are they the same batteries you get at Verizon????

The BH6 is definitely better with performance and for lasting longer for the way I use my phone...even with attachements or Spreadsheets...

Wow!!!!!
5.94 for batteries...are they used....
Its Bubba

Brand spanking new genuine Motorola batteries....

Amazon.com: NEW MOTOROLA OEM BH5X BATTERY FOR DROIDX DROID X MB810: Cell Phones & Accessories (http://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-BATTERY-DROIDX-DROID-MB810/dp/B003XW8UPO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1300220575&sr=8-7)

Someone else has found them, they ordered a few and then others, so the word is they are the shiznit.

EDIT: Don't forget to buy them from the guys with FREE shipping!!

The persuader
03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Thats incrediable...Thanks for the Heads up...plus the Epiphany...

fsand
03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Thats incrediable...Thanks for the Heads up...plus the Epiphany...

Incredible?? Nah I think that's a different phone.... these batteries are just for the Droid :P

spartacus_33
03-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Update on weird battery performance... going on 24 hours now and battery still at 30 percent... moderate usage yesterday. I am using Maximum Battery Saver now... I had been using Custom Battery Saver.

TeeX
03-31-2011, 05:22 AM
I switched to the BH6X a couple weeks ago, and noticed around 20-30% increase in battery life. It's the difference of making it through a heavy day with 10-20% left, vs. now ending the day with 40-50% left (typical day = taking it off the charger at 5am, moderately heavy usage, and ending the day at 9 or 10 at night). On moderate use I can get two full days without charging.

I'm very happy with my new battery.

Also, I'll say that there is a lot of talk about "squeezing" the BH6X into the same space as the thinner BH5X. Be careful. I've read lots that it can impact your screen. I've used the stock battery cover/door that came with my phone (and the 5X), but notice if I press on the screen with a little pressure, you can see the middle of the screen "bubble". But, as the old joke goes, I tell my doctor "it hurts when I do this..., and the doctor tells me: "well, don't do that!"

So I'm keeping a close eye on the possibility of the battery heating and swelling (during heavy use or charging) and making trouble for my screen. If I see anything like that, I'll switch to the extended door that came with the 6X, but I haven't seen any reason to do that yet.

YMMV