PDA

View Full Version : MMA - UFC Fans?

wicked
03-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Any MMA/UFC fans here? http://www.ufc.com/event/UFN24#/fight

Watch the prelims of tonights matches on Facebook here UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/UFC?v=app_4949752878)
Starting in 15 minutes.

Watch the rest of the main card free on Spike tonight. Check your local listing.

ToeJamm57
03-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks Wicked - you always find the best stuff!

ToeJamm57
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Watching now!!!

wicked
03-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Awesome TJ!

verian_DC
03-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Thank you so much! I new the fight free fights were on spike but didn't think to check FB for prelims! Its been a good last 2 weeks for fight fans. DOES anyone around the forums TRAIN in any type of MMA, BJJ, Judo, boxing or anything? I myself have been training BJJ and judo for about 6 months now and would love to have people around here to bounce questions about techniques off of.

wicked
03-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Thank you so much! I new the fight free fights were on spike but didn't think to check FB for prelims! Its been a good last 2 weeks for fight fans. DOES anyone around the forums TRAIN in any type of MMA, BJJ, Judo, boxing or anything? I myself have been training BJJ and judo for about 6 months now and would love to have people around here to bounce questions about techniques off of.

I trained in a boxing gym many many years ago to stay in shape.

That last fight with McDonald and Figeroa was such a good fight!

verian_DC
03-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Here is a cool place for original clothing and GI's if anyone is interested. You can also join the Legion and earn free stuff without purchasing anything. I make no money for sharing this so I hope I'm not violating any forum rules, just trying to share some cool info. I'm in the legion myself and have already earned GI patches, a shirt and tons of stickers and stuff just for doing simple tasks.
LIFE BRAND OUTFITTERS - Lifestyle Tshirts, Apparel, Clothing and Accessories - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (http://shop.thebjjlifestyle.com/?Click=2085)

JeepDroid
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you I've been doing muay thai for the last few months getting my hands and everything else better skilled. I'm a natural wrestler, but wanted to train outside the safe zone and I've found something that I like a lot. I'm hoping that by the end of summer ill be good enough for an amateur fight. We'll see. If you have any questions I'm around

wicked
03-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Those prelim fights were pretty good. Now on to the main cards on SPIKE!

ToeJamm57
03-27-2011, 10:01 AM
I am a third degree black belt in Judo and used to train with one of the first MMA clubs in Michigan. We still have MMA fighters who occasionally come to our dojo to sharpen up their stand-up and throwing skills.

Irish
03-27-2011, 10:22 AM
:excited:I love UFC ! Ultimate Fighter new season starts this Wednesday !!!

ToeJamm57
03-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I DVR Ultimate Fighter so I don't have to watch the players (and sometimes the coaches) acting like tools during the show. I usually fast forward to the last 10 minutes of fighting at the end - LOL.

:excited:I love UFC ! Ultimate Fighter new season starts this Wednesday !!!

wicked
04-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Watch UFC 129 Prelims on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/UFC?v=app_4949752878) for FREE!

doomsayer
04-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Yea but probably no good fights...bellator fights on mtv2 will be better...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Meh, I wasn't impressed with bellator....they didn't seem to really know what they were doing. I saw a lot of missed chances for passing and submission openings that were totally missed.

I am excited for ufc129 tonight though! GSP vs shields, ahhh yeah!

doomsayer
04-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Turns out no fights...and you're crazy man, bellator lightweights would tear the lightweights from any other organization into pieces...light heavyweights suck though, I'll give you that one

Leach19m
04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe youre right, I only watched it once. I would be disinclined to agree though, but I don't really have any real basis to justify that. I.don't think theres any tougher guys than pride though.

wicked
04-30-2011, 09:32 PM
WOW, Machida with the "Karate Kid Crane Kick" knocks out Randy Couture. Randy had a great career. Good time to hang them up though.

t.crawford714
05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I was watching Bellator on MTV2 and Skype-ing a couple of friends. When you spend the night the next night things get rough :D One of my buddy's tooth got chipped, went to the dentist today and has a half fake tooth :big smile: