PDA

View Full Version : Case that works with the Motorola car dock

mustafaluigi
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Ive searched and never really found anything useful. I currently use the SGP matte full body protection, and it is horrible and never stays on. After a replacement by the company its already falling off again, and linting up. So I'm looking for a hard case that will work with the car dock, with the car dock insert taken out of course. Any good cases that fit my need?

noXcuse
03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
As far as I know, the only one is the Motorola / Verizon case.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2

mustafaluigi
03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
Could you elaborate on this said case

eric eakin
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
rocketfish snap on case. can find it online as low as five bucks or go to best buy and buy it for 25.

(i did shave a small piece of plastic off my car dock so the case would slide in. A sharp knife and a minute later all good...)

eric eakin
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
As far as I know, the only one is the Motorola / Verizon case.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2

i have the moto verizon case/holster and it does NOT fit.

Amazon.com: MotorolA DROID X shell holster combo case: Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/MotorolA-DROID-shell-holster-combo/dp/B0040VNRTG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1301608751&sr=8-5)

mustafaluigi
03-31-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks, I thought the verizon case didnt even exist. Ill get the rocketfish, is it a good case? I need a case cus my battery door keeps sliding off.

eric eakin
03-31-2011, 05:06 PM
i like it alot! doesnt change the size too much and has a nice sleek feel to it. if you need help with what to trim on the dock let me know. im not even sure if it is needed or not, i did it when i was trying to get my other case to fit.

mustafaluigi
05-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Oh so i got the rocketfish and it kinda, but not great fits in the dock when i shaved the nub off. I took a lighter to the plastic on the sides and shoved the phone in to push it out a little. Fits better now, but the phone randomly reboots when its on the dock, and I think its because the phone is shorting when it randomly pops off the usb or something. One time it randomly rebooted into bootloader.