PDA

View Full Version : Just rooted with Z4 and...

Mike7143
03-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I just finished rooting for the first time! Yay me! Anyway, I got rooted with Z4, got my nandroid backup made, backed up with Titanium, and then started freezing some apps. All of the factory installed apps I hate have gone except for 2 and I don't know why. I froze Amazon MP3 and My Verizon mobile in Titanium. When I'm in Ti, they both show as frozen. However, Amazon MP3 still shows in my app drawer. Second, My Verizon mobile does NOT show up in my app drawer, but when I go to manage my apps, it shows in the list. Can someone help me with this or explain what's going on? Thanks! Yay for being rooted!

silver04v
03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
some dont disappear from the app list, like amazon.. its gone, just still there. kinda gota deal with it. My verizon, idk, cause I use it. dont see a need to freeze it.

TideFan22
03-21-2011, 08:39 PM
It might go away after a reboot, the others do, but he may be right it might be one that doesn't go away. But it will still not run and u wont be able to use it til u unfreeze

Crystalized X

1KDS
03-21-2011, 08:40 PM
try a reboot

ninja'd!

Mike7143
03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
I guess I dont need to freeze my verizon, i kinda used it too. Just got excited lol! That sucks that the amazon won't go away but at least it's "gone"! I installed barnacle and got rid of my bloat, I'm happy (for)now! Thanks for the info! I love this forum!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Mike7143
03-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Hmm, I also just noticed that since I've rooted, my hard key lights don't work anymore either. I've tried rebooting a few times too.is this normal?

Edit: turning the screen off and then back on appears do have turned them back on... Except now they won't turn off until the screen turns off...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

WarlockGhost
03-21-2011, 09:21 PM
I never freeze, I just do a nandroid backup and remove the bloat. Amazon mp3? (Really? Why do they even add this garbage) Obviously you do not want it, so just delete it. Its not gonna damage anything in my experience. This stuff is like the garbage that comes with windows that manufacturers stuff your hard drive with. I even delete the stock music app and visualizations and just use winamp. There's so freaking much crap you can get rid of. Always do a backup first, and Google the crap out of it :-)

Sent from my Fissionized DX

Mike7143
03-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Everything seems to be normal this morning. Not sure what was up, maybe I was just tired and didn't know what I was talking about! I think I'll stick with using Titanium and freezing the apps. I wish I had known I could have used Titanium without root to backup my Angry Birds!