PDA

View Full Version : My Experience With Steiheil (SGP Store)

psychotic_penguin
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Just like everyone here I have a problem having to wipe fingerprints off my screen after every use. So I decided to trust the protection of my Xoom's screen to Steinheil since I had so much success with the Ultra Crystal on my X.

I shelled out about $41.00 for a protector for my Xoom and on a whim decided to get another set for my X. This price included shipping.

A few days later my order was here, I came home for lunch and it was between my screen door and front door. The first thing I noticed was a footprint right in the middle of the crushed USPS shipping box.

I opened it up, there was no inner packaging just the screen protectors....nicely crushed and the packaging creased. I was hopeful that the inner product would be undamaged but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

With my previous order to them I received an empty box. I dropped them a line and within 2 days another package showed up, no questions asked so I was relatively confident that I would be well taken care of.

This was not the case the rep I corresponded with, informed me "As it is stated in our policy, we are not responsible for any loss during the delivery process". Well that just doesn't cut it, considering I paid for the delivery service as a part of my purchase with this company and they won't stand behind their product delivered in usable condition?

I further responded urging them to stand behind their product and was told "Unfortunately, we do not have any control over delivery system, so you'll have to verify with the United States Postal Service for this matter".

I responded "How is this possible, the package was sent via USPS bulk mail with no tracking, do you think the US Mail Service is gonna fess up that they delivered the product damaged without anyone signing for it"?

So at this point, there's nothing they'll do for me, so I'm out $40 and change. Therefore I caution anyone that's considering using Steinheil products for any of their devices to think real hard about your choice and remember what I went through before you give up your hard earned dollar to a company that simply doesn't concern themselves with service after the sale.

AirJordan
03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
It's really not right for a company to not stand behind their product and respect their customers. I've bought the Ultra Crystal for my X when I first got it and had no issues with delivery and am going to buy a new pack soon, but I do not anticipate this happening. Sorry to hear that they basically wasted your $40. =/

rudyy
03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
if you paid with a credit card you should be able to dispute the charge when you get the statement listing it.
you'll have to dispute it in writing, and state that you've communicated with the company.
you never know, the charge could be reversed.
it's one solution; there likely are others.

rooted, on liberty 1.5

gwilde
03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Return the items in original packaging. Send signature required with letter stating either replacement or refund. Save copies of everything to send to credit card company. Card company will refund even if company doesn't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

dennyjones
03-22-2011, 07:42 AM
My wife ordered from them recently and after 10 days, I called and they were very short with me on the phone. Not a good way to do business. Sorry for your loss but I think it's already been said, get the credit card company involved.

fsand
03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
This is a perfect case for the better business bureau, you'd be surprised how many companies will actually do something once they are contacted by the BBB even after they blew you off. www.bbb.com (http://www.bbb.com) will take all of 5 minutes to file a complaint. And yes of course if you paid by CC call them and tell them you received a damaged product. It is in fact the sellers responsibility to insure your item gets to you as represented no matter what they claim, especially if they charged for the shipping and chose the carrier, they are considered liable in all domestic shipping instances.

psychotic_penguin
03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Received a credit today and an emailed apology. Seems my posts on this and other forums got enough reads for them to realize the error of their ways.

Plus the backing from PayPal and the BBB probably didn't hurt my cause.

mikeinrichmond
03-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Sorry I missed your earlier post, glad you got it resolved, but it's too bad that you had to jump through those hoops to receive what should be considered standard and proper customer service...

psychotic_penguin
03-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mike, even though I was refunded my money I still maintain their Customer Service is horrible and I'll still caution people about it.

Beka27
03-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Sorry you had such an awful experience. That's not good business.

I recently received my DX Ultra Clear protectors and they were packaged perfectly: wedged between stiff cardboard, very safe and secure.

That just really sucks that you didn't have a good experience.