PDA

View Full Version : Best SDHC card upgrade?

Oreo
03-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I just got an X. It's my first smart-phone ever so forgive any stupid questions.

Verizon's Droid X's are now selling with a 2gb SDHC card instead of the old 16gb cards so I want to upgrade. The problem is that choosing a Micro SDHC card is a lot like reading tea leaves at this point. No matter the web-retailer there are mixed reviews on all the cards. I'd like a nice fast card but there are plenty of reviews of the class 6 & class 10 cards saying they aren't getting the claimed speeds. The 32gb cards seem to have compatibility problems with the Droid X. Lots of reliability / stability problems reported for all the cards. So I'm totally lost now and I'm turning to you more experienced folks for some help & advice.

What's the best Micro SDHC card for the Droid X? I want at least 16gb but 32 is better. I want a card fast enough to support the full functionality of the Droid X of course so Class 10? 6? You tell me.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

mikeinrichmond
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I bought a new OEM 16gb class 4 Sandisk card at the Verizon store, never an issue, and I can take it back to them if there is a problem. The phone originally came with a class 2 and the speed increase is noticeable...

pharmnatr
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Just ordered at 32gb Sandisk class 4. From what i've read on the forum, anything class higher than a 4 is a waste of $ unless you are running apps from the card.

Oreo
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
And if I am running apps from the card? Will the Droid X even support higher then class 4?

Snow02
03-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm over here too! Raawwwr. Jk. Don't get higher than a 4.

Oreo
03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Why? You can't make a statement like that & not elaborate. C'mon man.