PDA

View Full Version : Ebay TPU Case mod

Mike7143
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I got my argyle TPU case from eBay a few days ago and it's pretty nice, it works well for me except... All of the covers over the buttons (camera, volume mostly) make them difficult to press. Has anyone cut out the button holes to make it easier to press them? If so, what did you use? I was thinking an X-acto knife would work best. Just thought I'd see if anyone has done this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Mike7143
03-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Man, so much for any replies now that the news is out on the bootloader! lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

learzguitar
03-21-2011, 03:55 PM
The x-acto knife works pretty well with the TPU cases, I did the same on mine because the covered volume/camera buttons were bothering me. Just takes some patience. Good luck!

iDr0id
03-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I cut the headphone hole larger to fit my cable from the radio. I then took a lighter and heated it and stuck a pencil through to even out. Its not perfect but it isn't really noticeable. If your gonna cut the camera button be careful. I did on an old tpu case and it came out like crap so I bought another one

Mike7143
03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the comments! I was planning on cutting out the volume and camera buttons, leave the power one, and possible extend the opening near the charging port since some of my cable connectors are too "fat". Thanks again!