PDA

View Full Version : Screen protector that doesn't interfere with barcode scanning

_forumSteve
03-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Does anyone make screen protectors that permit the phone's screen to be scanned by a bar-code scanner?

I use "Key Ring" to store all of my customer loyalty cards but the phone's screen will not scan. The clerks always need to type the number in.

It scanned once when the phone was new. I still had the original screen protector that had a diagram of the phone and functions painted on it. I scraped the diagram off with a credit card and used it until my cheapo eBay protectors arrived in the mail.

Dvan
03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Its just hard in general to get the scanners to easily scan the x using keyring, don't believe it has anything to do with the screen protector. did you read the faq about how to optimize your phone for scanners ?
1.23ghz/Apex 1.4.1

Dvan
03-20-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eksEYwtyhFA

1.23ghz/Apex 1.4.1

_forumSteve
03-20-2011, 10:09 AM
I do remember reading those tips a while ago. I assumed based on my experience with one retailer (able to scan before changing screen protector) that they were the major factor, but apparently that's not the case. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll do some experimenting...