PDA

View Full Version : droid x BOOTLOADER ???? (CM7)??

st3v3n
03-19-2011, 07:07 PM
now that htc thunderbolt bootloader has been cracked, can the same process/techness b used to get bootloader access for DROID X. i'd like to see cm7 on the dx. :excited:

Snow02
03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
No. One day, this will stop coming up. I know you never say never but, again, unless moto leaks the necessary software, the X bootloader will never be unlocked.

scottfree
03-19-2011, 07:26 PM
The HTC Thunderbolt has an unlocked bootloader the droid x does not that is the limitation of X otherwise a very nice device the Motorola Xoom has can be unlocked take a look at that it also has android 3.0 . Im sure they are working some sweet roms

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Snow02
03-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually, the TB bootloader is locked, but not encrypted like the X. Thus, it was pretty simple to bypass.

scottfree
03-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Good point -- I was partially right -- lol-- but hey the TBH monster zip has really made the droid x a pleasant experience - I flashed it twice - thanks macpro88

Garemlin
03-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Moving to hacks

chaz03
03-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah it really is a dissapointment for X users. But who knows maybe one day we will see cm8 on DX! I still have plenty of fun with it.

skennelly
03-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Actually, the TB bootloader is locked, but not encrypted like the X. Thus, it was pretty simple to bypass.

And that my friends is the difference between Moto & HTC.

I won't be upgrading anytime soon, and love the x. However, this is my last Moto device ever.

Sent from my DROIDX in Western Illinois

WugFresh
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Lots of TB users reporting major battery drains. I want an unlocked device but it needs to make it through the day.

{{ WugFresh }}

mikeinrichmond
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Droid and other devs are getting them so it wont be long before they will have their more efficient Roms up and running. On the down side this will likely mean less updates for us.. We'll see...

(Swyped on the go..)

mandog202
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
However, this is my last Moto device ever.

i seem to recall saying the same thing after a certain piece of garbage known as the RAZR, lol

skennelly
03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
i seem to recall saying the same thing after a certain piece of garbage known as the RAZR, lol

If this so called "open source" gets flooded with locked down phones, I'm getting an iphone.

Sent from my DROIDX in Western Illinois

smokncars
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I disagree there is a way to unlock the bootloader, may not be easy but there is a way just look at how when GB leaks came out you have to use the droid 2 bootloader app one example. look at how you can modify the build prop or can over clock it. there is a way just need a way to most likely access the boot before it goes into certain sequence where it is encrypted because as you know when you start any device you can do just about anything once it boots at a certain point there is nothing you can do.

cory46
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I disagree there is a way to unlock the bootloader, may not be easy but there is a way just look at how when GB leaks came out you have to use the droid 2 bootloader app one example. look at how you can modify the build prop or can over clock it. there is a way just need a way to most likely access the boot before it goes into certain sequence where it is encrypted because as you know when you start any device you can do just about anything once it boots at a certain point there is nothing you can do.

military grade encryption. Like snow has said unless the actual keys can be found/released/stolen its not going to happen. They have tried everything from kexec to throwing it down some stairs haha.. If you want to really see how locked down it is.. go to Still Loading ... » blog (http://cvpcs.org/) he is working on cm for the droid x and he is just trying to bypass the bootloader.. they have all but given up on cracking it..

smokncars
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
lol military encryption that makes me laugh....one did you know that the predators they used didnt have encrypted software on them until they realized the taliban was hacking into them.....or that the telecommunications/ software used to call in air strikes in wasnt protected and the taliban called em in....like i said theres a back door to every piece of software just incase something did happen to say ur phone u sbf or bootloop u restore thro recovery, to root it z4root or gingerbreak.

Snow02
06-06-2011, 07:45 PM
military grade encryption. Like snow has said unless the actual keys can be found/released/stolen its not going to happen. They have tried everything from kexec to throwing it down some stairs haha.. If you want to really see how locked down it is.. go to Still Loading ... blog (http://cvpcs.org/) he is working on cm for the droid x and he is just trying to bypass the bootloader.. they have all but given up on cracking it..

There are still people actively working on it. The X10 was recently bypassed using kexec I believe. That's different hardware/software than the moto devices, but still nice to see. You never know.

cory46
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
There are still people actively working on it. The X10 was recently bypassed using kexec I believe. That's different hardware/software than the moto devices, but still nice to see. You never know.

wasnt aware of that snow I guess that does shed some light on it on my end

swalker
06-06-2011, 09:14 PM
hey mike i just noticed that the op , under his name it says banned? banned from the forum?

WugFresh
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
There has been some progress made but the lack of public documentation makes this near impossible. The initiative to unlock the bootloader is certainly alot closer than it ever was before, but from what's been discovered thus far.. it truly appears that moto spent the time to really lock it down on practically every level.

{{ WugFresh }}

cory46
06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
There has been some progress made but the lack of public documentation makes this near impossible. The initiative to unlock the bootloader is certainly alot closer than it ever was before, but from what's been discovered thus far.. it truly appears that moto spent the time to really lock it down on practically every level.

{{ WugFresh }}

I knew we'd see you pop up on this thread sometime haha... Thanks for the info on it that is much appreciated

WugFresh
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I knew we'd see you pop up on this thread sometime haha... Thanks for the info on it that is much appreciated

I talked to the other guys working on it and they said they were cool releasing what we have been working on to the web. I am currently building my own webpage for all the android and windows projects/guides I have been working on and now plan on including a page dedicated to the bootloader issue. I will post all of the info there and provide a link to it here when I am done. It will aim to be the hub for all things bootloader related. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

smokncars
06-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I talked to the other guys working on it and they said they were cool releasing what we have been working on to the web. I am currently building my own webpage for all the android and windows projects/guides I have been working on and now plan on including a page dedicated to the bootloader issue. I will post all of the info there and provide a link to it here when I am done. It will aim to be the hub for all things bootloader related. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks for all the effort you guys spent on dx.

mikeinrichmond
06-08-2011, 10:30 AM
hey mike i just noticed that the op , under his name it says banned? banned from the forum?

Yes, he was given a week's 'vacation' for breaking forum rules and insulting Staff members. It is over now...

(Swypin' on the go)