PDA

View Full Version : Widgetlocker & Battery life?

Zzyyzx
03-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I've been thinking about playing around with widgetlocker and I've seen a few posts where people say WL eats their battery life (going from 2 days to 8 hours!!!). Not to say someone isn't truthful, but I find this a little hard to believe. I understand that it is a widget that runs on your phone 24 hours a day now, but the drain should be negligible in the big picture. Right now I can easily make it through a day (18+ hours) without charging, but I really don't have regular opportunities to depend upon plugging in throughout the day.

Any thoughts or experiences? If it matters, I'm running Tranq 3.7. Thanks!

bill12690
03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I usually have mine unplugged for approximately 15 hrs or sometimes longer without charging and right now widgetlocker isn't even showing up in my battery use menu... I haven't noticed any battery drain with it

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Bkdodger
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
I agree not noticing a difference ...especially if the widgets are not using alot of resource ..

Zzyyzx
03-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Okay, good to hear. Kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. Basically going to put a couple widgets on there that I already have running on other screens so I can see them without unlocking. Appreciate the info!

WugFresh
03-20-2011, 09:32 AM
It should be negligible, I choose not to use it because I found it buggy, but if you are concerned about battery life it shouldnt be real problem. For me the only thing I really want integrated into my lock screen that isn't normally there is music controls, but now with Rubix that's built in.

To understand what really is involved with optimizing battery life; check out this:
How to Optimize Battery Life & Speed (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/14714-how-optimize-battery-life-speed.html)

{{ WugFresh }}

Zzyyzx
03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Wug... awesome write-up and thanks for the info. Have done some of the stuff you mentioned but going to go in and fine tune some more of it.

What did you notice that was buggy with Widgetlocker? Basically, I'm looking to get Pandora, a bluetooth toggle and a quick dial button on the lock screen. Tranq 3.7 has already somehow got the sliders to disappear (which confused the heck out of me at first) but now I really like.