PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new case!!!

AndroidGuyIsMe
03-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Ok guys, what case should I buy. I would like something that doesnt add much bulk. Tell me what cases you guys have and what you like about them! Thanks a lot

eric eakin
03-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Rocketfish snap on case.... slim nice and cheap online!

AndroidGuyIsMe
03-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Rocketfish snap on case.... slim nice and cheap online!

Im looking for something that looks really nice. I have a pretty penny to spend.

Ninja636
03-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I've been waiting for the Trident Cyclops case to come out. Their website says March 21st.

I have their Kraken case right now which is near perfect IMO, but this new one looks a little thinner and has a bigger cutout for the camera lens/ flash. It also appears to be cut out bigger around the screen especially along the top, so dragging the notification bar down should be much easier.

gunner1982
03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
I think it depends how much protection your looking to achieve

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

AndroidGuyIsMe
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
I've been waiting for the Trident Cyclops case to come out. Their website says March 21st.

I have their Kraken case right now which is near perfect IMO, but this new one looks a little thinner and has a bigger cutout for the camera lens/ flash. It also appears to be cut out bigger around the screen especially along the top, so dragging the notification bar down should be much easier.

Maybe Ill wait for that. I just spent some money on a tripod cus im uploading a video now, I hope I have enough money :D

jgraham4598
03-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I have had the Seidio Innocase Surface since December. I really like it. It is pretty slim. I got the combo. It has a holster that holds it with the case on. Then if you want you can get the rugged add on. It basically adds a silicone case around the innocase surface and another hard shell. Then that too comes with a holster.

hemi1300
03-19-2011, 06:29 PM
i have currently been going back and forth btwn the incipio and trident kraken. The kraken is great and offers tons of protection, but do i really need a phone case this bulky and heavy duty? One reason i like it is bc i can keep it holstered all day (construction), and not worry about dust on it or knocking it off a ladder. The incipio is also very nice for a slim case. I also ordered the cyclops a few weeks ago, hopefully the release date is correct this time, i think they have pushed the date back 3 times now

Breezer23
03-19-2011, 06:47 PM
It's unfortunate VajaCases aren't supporting the DroidX :(

hemi1300
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
vaja what?? Never heard of them before

Breezer23
03-19-2011, 09:06 PM
www.vajacases.com (http://www.vajacases.com) by far the best cases I've ever purchased.

maineultraclassic
03-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Fancy cases with no protection.............not what I'm looking for at all.

Steve

AndroidGuyIsMe
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
The only reason I beileve why people use cases with less protection is because the droid x is already very strong... Also if you have insurance then you could take these small chances

spartacus_33
03-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Incipio silicrylic hands down. Under 20 bucks on amazon. No added bulk at all. Very nice.

sugarnova
03-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Incipio silicrylic hands down. Under 20 bucks on amazon. No added bulk at all. Very nice.

I second the rec for Incipio Silicrylic, if you're not wanting bulk but still wanting protection.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AndroidGuyIsMe
03-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Ill have to look into it thanks a lot.. If you want if/when I get it I can do a review on it

Basis
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Fancy cases with no protection.............not what I'm looking for at all.

Steve

i agree. sure they look nice and probably smell great (leather) but they just seem to be fancy pouches.