PDA

View Full Version : found a fix for my trident holster, little modification required!!

hemi1300
03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
love using the trident kraken holster, but as anyone knows who have used it-it doesn't hold the phone securely and the belt clip is very weak. Ended up cutting a nite ize belt clip off of a flash light holster i had laying around. U can remove the trident clip without breaking it by using a mini screwdriver to pry the locking tabs in behind the clip. Pulled the clip off and installed the nite ize belt clip using 4 small screws, drilling through the belt holster and installing the screws. Screws were just the right size so there are no protrusions from the screw. Belt clip isn't going anywhere now, holds very securely to my belt, actually is pretty tough to install/remove on my belt. To hold the phone more secure i used 2 small stick on wheel weights (back to back) that are used to balance car/truck wheels, stuck them to the inside of the plastic hook under the spring loaded clip, works perfectly and holds the phone very secure. Just thought i would let u guys know, yes the holster is junk, but with a little modification and creativity it is easily fixed. Trident is supposed to be working on a re-design for the holster, so this will work for now

maineultraclassic
03-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Need pictures.

deedscreen96
03-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Please Show Pictures!!!

hemi1300
03-19-2011, 09:02 PM
will post pictures of the holster mods tomorrow, could someone please give me a quick walk through on how to post pictures on this forum. Every forum is different and a pain in the rear to post pics sometimes

hemi1300
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
sorry for the delay taking so long for the pics. Here is my custom modified holster, the nite ize clip is 15654very strong and isn't going anywhere, might use some liquid electrical tape to cover up the screws, they look like they are raised up a bit but they s15653it just about flush with the back of the case. The little wheel weights hold the phone very secure in the holster. I actually bought a spare holster15652 a while back, when i finally receive the cyclops i'm gonna try to modify this one to fit the cyclops, little dremel work should do it hopefully lol

maineultraclassic
03-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Rivets would have been a good idea for the clip, very smooth on one side and you can pound down the other side to make it smooth as well.

Steve

hemi1300
03-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Good idea, never thought of that

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk