PDA

View Full Version : Importing outside MP3's into DX for ringtones

U.S. Male
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Is it possible to import/download MP3's into and assign them as ringtones on my DX? And if so, How. I've tried everything I can think of already. So if it is even possible I'l need the 'For Dummies' version.

kirbnite
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Not entirely sure I understand completely, but here is my best answer.

I had the original droid before I got the droid x. In order to use media from my memory card, I had to create a folder called media, then in media, create 3 folders. (ringtones, alarms, and notifications). In those folders put the media you would like to use.

My droid x, allows me to choose music as a ringtone and I did not put it any where special.

Also, if you would like to use a mp3 from the media card then I strongly recommend downloading, ring droid from the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

U.S. Male
03-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the hasty response. I will try this and get back to you.

skennelly
03-18-2011, 04:09 PM
just long press on the mp3 file in your playlist and a menu will appear with the option to use song as ringtone.

Sent from my DROIDX in Western Illinois

tibu721
05-11-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm having a big prob with getting my mp3 file to play as my ringtone. Got ringtone from Verizon themselves. File is visible and have designated it as my ringtone no problem. However, the player says doesn't recognize the file format. WTF? I bought the file from Verizon. ??? Any suggestions?

RHV
05-12-2012, 05:18 PM
use Ringdroid and you can chop up mp3 on your phone into ring tones

maybish
05-12-2012, 09:42 PM
+1 for ringdroid! ive used it, works pretty good!

Bruincat
05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
use Ringdroid and you can chop up mp3 on your phone into ring tones

This ^

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2