PDA

View Full Version : Help! Barnacle Wi-Fi Tethering Problem

Ansextra
03-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I wanted to set up a wireless tether and tried Barnacle from the market. Since installing Barnacle I can't get my phone's wi-fi to connect to anything. It just connects and disconnects immediately. It sees networks without a problem. It just won't connect.
Can anyone tell me how I can get my wi-fi back? I've tried uninstalling Barnacle and rebooting but that didn't help.
Thanks.

ritchied
04-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I have the same problem. Barnacle works on phone. I can see and connect to it using wifi on laptop. Xoom doesn't see it even if you explicitly add it.

Marksman981
04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I too am experiencing this problem and I've looked everywhere and there are no other forums based on this subject. Please someone help!

Sent from my overclocked, darkslided, otterboxed DX

d3vilfish
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Have any of you tried a data wipe. Not sure of it will work but I think it should.

rubix blurry gb

ritchied
04-11-2011, 05:45 AM
According to me research, Bernacle creates an ad hoc wireless and xoom only sees infastructure wireless. The laptop reads both.

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Wipe the data in the app and uinstall it. Correct the xoom can't connect to adhoc

Marksman981
04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Wipe the data in the app and uinstall it. Correct the xoom can't connect to adhoc

I tried this and it didn't help. I also wiped the data and I still am getting the same results. Any more ideas?

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
You can try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all/and choose either "settings" or "settings storage" and wipe data in these. It might also erase other connections and settings though. So I'm not sure exactly what it will wipe. But thats the only other thing I can think of. I say make a backup, then wipe em.

Matt127
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Use wifi tether from the market works great. I tried barnacle I had same problem of switched to wifi tether no more problems

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Marksman981
04-12-2011, 03:18 PM
You can try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all/and choose either "settings" or "settings storage" and wipe data in these. It might also erase other connections and settings though. So I'm not sure exactly what it will wipe. But thats the only other thing I can think of. I say make a backup, then wipe em.

Done this and still didn't work. Anything else guys?

Marksman981
04-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Solved!
All you need to do is just turn off your router and turn it back on after a minute. It will work as good as new.