PDA

View Full Version : Military Once Again Turning to Android for Battlefield Solutions

wicked
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VuotY.jpg

The US military’s flirtations with Android date all the way back to 2009, so it should come as no surprise that the operating system originally intended for civilian mobile devices is once again being turned to for advanced battlefield technology. This time the military is contracting Harris and Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS) with the aim of developing apps for smartphones and tablets that can be used in critical mission situations.

Continue reading @ phandroid (http://phandroid.com/2011/03/16/military-once-again-turning-to-android-for-battlefield-solutions/)

hollywood
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Random, and off topic, but what game is that in the screenshot?

jmartinez748
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Random, and off topic, but what game is that in the screenshot?

You realize wicked is a mod right I don't think he's trying to spam the boards lol. Any way, this just proves that android is dominant :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

hollywood
03-21-2011, 01:57 PM
You realize wicked is a mod right I don't think he's trying to spam the boards lol. Any way, this just proves that android is dominant :p

No, I was saying that my question was random and off topic because it doesn't relate to what the post is about. Lol.

Getsome122
03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah it was kinda obvious to me at least. I was wondering what game they took that shot from to lol.

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

hollywood
03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah it was kinda obvious to me at least. I was wondering what game they took that shot from to lol.

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

Yeah. It looks freaking sweet!!!

hollywood
03-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Found it. It's Battlefield 2. I don't think it's available on Android.... Sad face....

WarlockGhost
03-21-2011, 02:44 PM
The military is using android, the newest player to the field......good bye crApple, good by Micro$haft.

Sent from my Fissionized DX

jmartinez748
03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
No, I was saying that my question was random and off topic because it doesn't relate to what the post is about. Lol.

Lol my bad I apologize I feel dumb now