PDA

View Full Version : Quality check on my start from scratch process

Ghostcore
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey all Ghostcore again.

I just wanted to get a head check on my process thus far.

You see in my haste I had not made a proper backup of the stock rom (.340) and before I started getting to crazy with this very addicting hobby I wanted to make sure I was setup incase of any unforeseen issues.

As such this is what I've done thus far to start from scratch.

1. Downloaded the maderstock340.zip and flashed back to stock
2. Downloaded z4root
3. Perma Rooted
4. Downloaded Bootstrap Recovery
5. Made a backup
6. Copied backup to System HDD for use later

(First Question:) should I leave the backup Image on the SD card or being as it's nearly 500mb can I just store it on a external location. The fear I have is if I happen to fubar my DX to the point were I only have access to booting into clockwork directly I wouldn't have access to the image store elsewhere yes?/No?/Jump off a cliff?

Pending:
7. Deodex the devices
8. make post deodex backup
9. TIUB freezing and removing unneeded bloat
10. deciding on which ROM I want to start playing with and learning to make my own themes.

well hows my process thus far?

Abe21599
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM
if ur short on space, leave it on ur computer or HD. clockwork has the USB mass storage option so u can mount in recovery and move the file.

and if u want to use a rom, dont worry about deodexing. most will do it for u. and remove bloat post-ROM. bc itll put most of it back (well, apps u dont want)

Ghostcore
03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Copy that thanks for the tips already deodexed at this stage but for future reference those tips will be handy.