PDA

View Full Version : AUX audio issues

mnwildfan2k
03-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a vehicle that has an AUX jack. When I plug in the 3.5 - 3.5 jack it seems that Pandora only plays thru 1/2 of the speakers at best, primarily the drivers door speaker. My sister has a newer Civic that she plugs in her Incredible to and she gets the same result... Is this normal? All fader and balance settings are correct on the car deck. Additionally, the volume setting must be at around 33 when "normally" listening to radio or cd, it only has to be at about 20. Any ideas?

Snow02
03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
It's either not plugged all the way into the phone or the car, or you're using a mono cable instead of stereo.

mnwildfan2k
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Its plugged in for sure... That was my first thought. I was given the AUX cable so I dont know if its mono or stereo. I just ordered a 3.5 to 3.5 stereo AUX cable. Should be here in 4 days. Thanks for the help!

TFerguson
05-20-2011, 06:31 AM
I have the same issue with my Droid X. It will play louder on the right channel, so I have to adjust the balance about 30% to the left to even things out, which is a total pain. Oddly enough, the issue does not seem to exist when using headphones - only when playing through an amplified unit (car stereo w/ aux jack, PC speakers, home stereo, etc.). I am definitely using a stereo cable (has two rings on the jack - a mono cable would have just one), and I have tried at least three cables, so it's definitely the Droid. Could be the jack connector on the Droid. I would take it back to Verizon, but they will just give me a stupid refurb, which may come with its own issues. Would have been nice of Motorola to add in a balance control along with all the audio effects. Anyone know of an app that allows balance control?

Cerin
01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Did you ever find out a resolution to this? I've been having similar issues with the headphone jack (almost no sound in right channel, super loud in left channel) but I don't use it too often so I didn't think too much about it.

Then I bought a stereo Bluetooth headset, which obviously doesn't use the audio jack, and I found that that also has a super-loud left channel, and almost no sound in the right channel.

So I searched the UI for a way to balance the audio channels...and there seems to be **no** built-in app for this basic feature, which is immensely frustrating for a device the supports stereo.

As a quick but temporary fix, I downloaded PowerAMP, which is both a ****ty music player and non-free (a bad combination), but includes a left/right balance control. Does anyone know of any good/free/cheap apps that just have a balance control? Searching market for "sound balance" just returns a bunch of yoga/meditation garbage.

phatreno
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
How does it sound with headphones?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

ToeJamm57
01-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Mine plays fine through the AUX receiver. My best guess is you need to make sure you have the right type of cable.