PDA

View Full Version : Flash to SD? Help please.

Esoter X
03-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey everyone. Somehow I deleted the App Market when rebooting from stock OS to Liberty. I read several forum threads and downloaded the necessary zip file and have it in my drop box as of now. My question is regarding flash to SD. Can someone explain what that means? Also, how can I do that? Please go easy on me and use more layman terms than tech jargon.

Peace within,
Esoter X

fc127
03-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Ok, do you have the vending.apk on your sd card? If so, you should be able to install via astro or any other file manager.

Esoter X
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Ok awesome, but I just ran into another hick up. Using Astro I navigated to the drop box and found the vending.apk within the zip file. I told it to install using app manager. Do I really want to install? Yes, install. Then it flags me that exclamation mark and says it cannot install.

Before this I tried to download it from Applanet and it would download but can't install because of a parsing error.

Anyone have suggestions?

Snow02
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Flash this in clockwork.
http://db.tt/jbT06tS

That means:
Put the file on your sd card.
Reboot into clockwork recovery.
Install zip from sd card.
Choose zip.
Choose that file and confirm.

Esoter X
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Awesome, thanks! Ha, I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Snow02
03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I take it that got the market working for you?

Esoter X
03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok, so a new problem showed up. Now the market is force closing on me. I uninstalled it, reverted to my back up and started over as if it had never happened, yet the problem persists. My thought is to back up necessary apps with titanium back up, wipe the data, remove liberty and attempt to reinstall it. Is that over doing it or will that work?

Snow02
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Just wipe data and cache and then reinstall liberty. No need to remove it first.