PDA

View Full Version : bloatware???

jjfan71
03-12-2011, 05:58 PM
ok, just rooted and installed apex custom rom. was watching tutorial by xdroid rom in another post and he said if you were adding a custom rom that you didnt need to worry about bloatware. but yet i still see it all on my main menu. can anyone explain this a little clearer please??:big smile:

mikeinrichmond
03-12-2011, 06:02 PM
ok, just rooted and installed apex custom rom. was watching tutorial by xdroid rom in another post and he said if you were adding a custom rom that you didnt need to worry about bloatware. but yet i still see it all on my main menu. can anyone explain this a little clearer please??:big smile:

The poster probably meant that Apex will not have nearly as much of the Motorola 'bloat' as a stock phone. If you have Titanium Backup, you can use it to 'freeze' other apps such as Madden that may remain behind.

If you want a Rom with even less 'Blur' functions, try the new Rubix 2.0.1 or Liberty 1.5. These are known as' Blurless' Rom's...

Hope this helps...

jjfan71
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
The poster probably meant that Apex will not have nearly as much of the Motorola 'bloat' as a stock phone. If you have Titanium Backup, you can use it to 'freeze' other apps such as Madden that may remain behind.

If you want a Rom with even less 'Blur' functions, try the new Rubix 2.0.1 or Liberty 1.5. These are known as' Blurless' Rom's...

Hope this helps...yes this helps tremendously, thank you. i do have titanium pro. how will i know what apps are safe to freeze?? will there be problems if i freeze the wrong apps???

mikeinrichmond
03-12-2011, 06:17 PM
yes this helps tremendously, thank you. i do have titanium pro. how will i know what apps are safe to freeze?? will there be problems if i freeze the wrong apps???

For Titanium, here's a guide on what you can safely freeze:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/8391-removing-bloat-2-2-ota-3-ways-super-easy-safe-safe-easy-free.html#post74342

This guide was written with someone being on a stock phone in mind, but you can freeze a few of the apps that may remain in Apex as well. Just don't go wild with it... :)

jjfan71
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
For Titanium, here's a guide on what you can safely freeze:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/8391-removing-bloat-2-2-ota-3-ways-super-easy-safe-safe-easy-free.html#post74342

This guide was written with someone being on a stock phone in mind, but you can freeze a few of the apps that may remain in Apex as well. Just don't go wild with it... :)got it, thanx again!!!

mikeinrichmond
03-12-2011, 07:22 PM
You're welcome.. :)

jjfan71
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
You're welcome.. :)sorry mike, forgot to ask u one more question. when i was setting up the phone after i flashed to apex, when it came to choosing set up thru ADW or the other option (i forget what it was) i chose the second one. should i have chosen ADW option?? if so, why??

jjfan71
03-13-2011, 01:01 PM
sorry mike, forgot to ask u one more question. when i was setting up the phone after i flashed to apex, when it came to choosing set up thru ADW or the other option (i forget what it was) i chose the second one. should i have chosen ADW option?? if so, why??anyone else know???:smile:

Abe21599
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
the default home screen? if u want ADW as ur default ur fine. if not, get a home switcher off of the market and change it up

jjfan71
03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
the default home screen? if u want ADW as ur default ur fine. if not, get a home switcher off of the market and change it uphey abe, not sure what u mean. by not choosing ADW, does that mean i cant swithch to it now?? what would be the difference?? thanks for your reply:big smile:

Abe21599
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
im not sure what ur asking. set up through adw? was it asking you what launcher u wanted to use as default?

jjfan71
03-13-2011, 07:25 PM
im not sure what ur asking. set up through adw? was it asking you what launcher u wanted to use as default?yes, i believe thats what i'm referring to. sorry for the confusion, but still new to all this droid lingo. but yes, i didnt choose ADW cuz i didnt know what it was. what i'd like to know is, what would be the major difference if i had chosen ADW???

Abe21599
03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
here u go
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-apps/17039-android-home-replacements-here.html

post 3 is about ADW

jjfan71
03-13-2011, 07:41 PM
here u go
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-apps/17039-android-home-replacements-here.html

post 3 is about ADWthanx so much abe!!! one last question...... so how do i access ADW?? im assuming it came with my apex ROM.???

Abe21599
03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
yea its installed as a system app. download a home switcher from the market (i use home smack) to be able to change between diffferent home apps.

jjfan71
03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
yea its installed as a system app. download a home switcher from the market (i use home smack) to be able to change between diffferent home apps.awesome, thanx again for your time abe!!!!!:big smile: