03-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Any thoughts anyone?
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

spodoc
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
No, but I like to catch redfish too :)

spodoc
03-11-2011, 04:54 PM
If you want to convert your DVDs to a video and place them on the X, that's what I do. I use DVDfab. I convert to mp4 with a typical file size of about 200mb per movie. Perfect balance of picture quality and file size. I've found MP4 format to be most friendly to the phone.

TideFan22
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
My bad, Want happen again, sorry

My X has been orangesliced!!

SVDroidDude
03-12-2011, 05:59 PM
DVD Catalyst 4 works awesome for converting DVD's to mp4's. If you are looking for free movies on line...be careful.

Garemlin
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
This is a warning to all. Posting links to sites to illegally download movies is against the Guidelines of Conduct on DXF. If you do you may be issued an infraction or given a short vacation.

And that will be your only warning.

And subsequent offenses will result in a permanent suspension of your forum account.

IMDROID
03-15-2011, 06:19 PM
I convert my DVD's using Handbrake. It's free and does an excellent job.

rudyy
03-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Handbrake is great, it's totally free!

yep, another one for handbrake. i use it to copy concert dvds i buy. it will copy by chapter (i haven't figured out how to batch copy). i copy at high resolution for the x, and at lower resolution for my ipod classic. as soon as i get a blu ray player for my laptop, i'll start copying the concert blu rays i have.
but the question was watching movies for free. i've downloaded a couple of apps from the market, they work well and will stream the movies to my big screen via real hdmi (but only if not rooted, i guess). of course the movies are what they call public domain, nothing recent, but they are free, and more are added frequently.

VivaLaPrimo
03-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Pogo Plug - its a 50 - 80 dollar device which plugs into your internet router at home. Whatever files you put on it you can stream directly to your Droid X anywhere you have 3G or WiFi. Music, TV Shows, and Movies- really whatever you put on it. This device was a great decision to purchase, you are never without anything from your media collection.

[mod edit for content]

mikeinrichmond
03-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Crackle.com is owned by Sony and is one of the few, free, LEGAL sites where you can stream movies/tv shows online, as well as have an app in the Market...

btucker2003
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Crackle.com is owned by Sony and is one of the few, free, LEGAL sites where you can stream movies/tv shows online, as well as have an app in the Market...

Whats the app called? I couldnt find it

mikeinrichmond
03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Whats the app called? I couldnt find it

Its called Crackle - Movies and TV. There is a free and a paid subscription version in the Market for $5 a month, no commercials...

(Swyped on the go..)

noXcuse
03-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, I have Crackle on my phone. It works great on the X. Dont pay attention to the comments and bad ratings on the market. Alot of people are rating bad since it doesn't work on their crap phones. It even says in the description that it only works on a few phones. People still downgrade it. It does work flawless on the X though.

Sent from DarkSlide 4.2

mikeinrichmond
03-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Watching Johnny Mnemonic over 3G as we speak... :)

Basher1970
04-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I just got my x last week. Thanks for the crackle tip. I'm a netflix subscriber and am thankful not to have blockbuster as my only streaming movie app. I registered with blockbuster just so I could get the free $5 credit. Picked a movie from their on demand options only to find out later its not available for viewing on my device.

Already watched 13th floor for free on crackle. Will probably upgrade soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Xersized
04-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I cant find crackle in the market. Im on the new GB leak. Can you guys still find it and which OS are you running?

WillMiii
04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I can't find it in the market either.

Gingerbread: not just a x-mas treat!

skennelly
05-03-2011, 07:20 PM
[mod edit] Free to download and has limited, but nice free episodes. Then a subscription gives you access to many more shows. I just watched an episode of the simpsons today :)

HarleyDude
05-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I believe there is a legal streaming site called You Tube, or something like that, where you can stream all sorts of video content

skennelly
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I believe there is a legal streaming site called You Tube, or something like that, where you can stream all sorts of video content

lol! This youtube you speak of, is there an app for this?

WhiteGrizzly
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
DVD Decrypter works well for me as far as converting DVDs goes. But as for putting them on my DX, do I just drop the files in or is their an app that I should get for syncing/viewing movies?

mikeinrichmond
05-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Just drop them on the sd card..

(Swypin' GB on the go)

skennelly
05-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Is mp4 format the preferred format for movies on the x? Or is the a better/different option?

skennelly
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Deleted duplicate

cleopete
05-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Is mp4 format the preferred format for movies on the x? Or is the a better/different option?

Handbrake does a fine job cranking out an .m4v format, which I believe is interchangeable with .mp4 (but I'm no expert). The devs say avi is dead, I'll take their word for it- works great for the DX. Some discs may need ripping with FabDecrypter before converting or the sequence gets muddled.

ebbramone
06-15-2011, 06:49 AM
to mike in Richmond, I am also in RVA, and since all the smartest people reside here, and you are the only one who gave a positive answer , I'd like to talk to you.

ebbramone
06-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Mike in Richmond, I too am in RVA, and since all the smartest people reside here, and you gave the only real answer to my question, please contact me, as I am a new Droid x owner, and despite the printable 65 page manual, I am a tech idiot, but pick it up quickly. I don't know how to send you a wauy to give you my email address without giving it to everyone on the site. Maybe you can answer that too. Anyway, from one Richmonder to another, HELP!

mikeinrichmond
06-15-2011, 07:08 AM
There are lots of helpful folks on this site. :)

If your queston is not related to this topic, post up a new one in the relevant subforum and watch all the help arrive shortly thereafter...

(Swypin' my Bolt on the go)

dvdcatalyst
06-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Any thoughts anyone?
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Not really an app, but if you visit Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine (http://www.archive.org), you can stream a lot of older movies and TV shows. Just tap on the MP4 links. Besides video, they also have plenty of free books and other content.