PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Can a Droid X be connected to the TV using HDMI

majorjcyoung
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
HELP!! Can a Droid X be connected to the TV using HDMI cable so that a person can watch the TV while playing a game on the Droid X or going through in different areas on the Droid X (home page, settings, etc) projecting everything a person does on the cell phone onto the TV screen?????

I have heard that it will only allow pictures and videos to be shown on the TV screen. I need it to show everything like playing a game.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Gorgarath
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Yes it can, but it can be awkward to do so as the hardware on the X doesn't allow you to view video on both the X's screen and the TV.

RealHDMI is the app you want to send everything to the TV.

mopar-x
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I think the app real HDMI will allow you to this.

majorjcyoung
03-11-2011, 11:20 PM
So using the app "real HDMI" will allow me to view everything that i am doing on the cell phone on the tv?

rudyy
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
i have real hdmi on my x and whlie it will allow everything i want to be on tv on the tv, the phone screen remains with the app on it, so you have to know your phone well enough to know where to click on the things you want on the tv.
in other words,hook up your hdmi cable to the tv, choose the tv's input, launch real hdmi, make sure it sees the tv.
on your tv everything will be sideways, and you have to navigate to the app you want and launch it, to make sure it works.
you won't see what you're doing on the phone's screen, only on the tv.
this is the only way i know how to use it, and it is a pain, but i know my phone well enough that i can do it.
maybe there are others who know how to switch the phone screen to the app you want to run.
check out real hdmi in the app store and see what the comments are; probably still complaints about the user interface.

majorjcyoung
03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Is is still using the "real HDMI" or is there any other way to do it?

android games (http://www.bluedragonsoftware.com)