PDA

View Full Version : Sd card speed booster

mrclean2828
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I just found it on the market for rooted phones for $0.99 it made my photos load so much faster. What a difference. Everything on the sd card loads faster. I even notice the difference when using astro and root explorer

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Getsome122
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Who wants fat pictures? Lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

jmartinez748
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Lol. anyone use this app it looks promising I hate how slow gallery loads my pics

turdbogls
03-11-2011, 02:08 PM
just gave it a run....didn't notice much of a difference. i could tell it was a tiny bit faster but not much so i uninstalled. this was on my DX with stock 16gb class 2 card.

xrazedx
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
I will give this a try later. I use quickpic for my pictures anyway and its extremely fast but this will help nonetheless.

Relentless

mrclean2828
03-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm on rubix blurry 1.8 and it made a difference for me and I only went up to 1200kb.

JNEHAMA
03-11-2011, 10:31 PM
+1 Quickpic is so much faster than gallery of any rom!

jmartinez748
03-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Never knew about quick pic until reading this thread gotta say its pretty nice

jefflikesbagels
03-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Never knew about quick pic until reading this thread gotta say its pretty nice

Ditto. I absolutely loved QuickPic during the first five minutes of me using it. I already deleted the Gallery3D.apk from system/app so that I only have QuickPic. :P

TideFan22
03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
If your on blur can u still use the video player and HDMI to watch it from the TV,, is that option on this app, or is it only in the gallery?

My X has been orangesliced!!

xrazedx
03-12-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm glad you guys are enjoying quickpic. I can't honestly remember the last time I used the 2d or 3d gallery.

Relentless

jmartinez748
03-12-2011, 12:54 AM
I hated the stock gallerys glad you pointed me to quick pix. Back on topic has anyone had any luck with this app besides the op

macpro88
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I guess I will give quick pic a go lol, but I have been using Fish Bowl Photo View Beta and so far its amazing, best gallery app IMO.

jmartinez748
03-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I guess I will give quick pic a go lol, but I have been using Fish Bowl Photo View Beta and so far its amazing, best gallery app IMO.

Quick pic is really minimal when it comes to looks but really quick. Just a heads up

TideFan22
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
WOW its way better than the gallery

xrazedx
03-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Quick pic is really minimal when it comes to looks but really quick. Just a heads up

Yup, quickpic is extremely fast and feature-rich.

Relentless

VivaLaPrimo
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
What is a good setting for the SD Card speed booster app? I got it because it sounds like an aweone app if it works but I don't want to throw my whole system out of whack.

The Droid X default value is 128.

I might pull it up to 256 (the next highest setting.) Or maybe the next and see what happens until I get a reply from here... maybe 256... haha. Hmm could someone explain how this app works, that might be the beat solution

FS36
03-15-2011, 01:27 AM
So...What we have learned from this thread is...2 people have tried the SD card speed booster, one guy likes his pictures fatter, and EVERYONE loves QuickPic lol but in case we didn't cover it enough QuickPic is awesomeee lol. Oh and I tried the SD card speed app, and it does make a difference :)

jmartinez748
03-15-2011, 02:33 AM
So...What we have learned from this thread is...2 people have tried the SD card speed booster, one guy likes his pictures fatter, and EVERYONE loves QuickPic lol but in case we didn't cover it enough QuickPic is awesomeee lol. Oh and I tried the SD card speed app, and it does make a difference :)

Quick pic is awesome!!! lol

mrclean2828
03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Got to say it's sad someone had to trample my post to talk about quick pic rather than starting ur own. That said, I tried quick pic and I guess if losing functionality of the stock gallery (hdmi) to gain speed of pix is worth it to you by all means. But my experience with the speed booster is that EVERYTHING on the sd card loads faster. Not just pix

FS36
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Got to say it's sad someone had to trample my post to talk about quick pic rather than starting ur own. That said, I tried quick pic and I guess if losing functionality of the stock gallery (hdmi) to gain speed of pix is worth it to you by all means. But my experience with the speed booster is that EVERYTHING on the sd card loads faster. Not just pix

That is true, It did speed all that up nicely also...you know answering comments that are asked about the forum topic....not just talking about quickpics..........sorry mrclean2828 i tried lol

xrazedx
03-15-2011, 05:48 PM
No one tried to take over your thread. Read my first post. I said I was going to try this and it would be beneficial even though i already use quickpic. People read my post, out of curiousity tried quickpic and loved it.

It wasn't my intention nor anyone elses (i hope im right lol) to "trample" your thread. However, after people responded with their take on quickpic, the threads focus did shift.

So guys lets get back on topic.

Relentless

TideFan22
03-15-2011, 06:20 PM

What do u mean HDMI doesn't work through quickpic?? I watched two movies lastnight through quickpic???

fersayken2
03-15-2011, 06:22 PM
You guys take this thread jacking thing way too serious...lol...have a beer and regroup!

Rubix Focused 2.0.1
Blue Gingerbread Theme
Ocd to 1.288 ghz using Quickclock

FS36
03-16-2011, 02:30 AM
okay guys...lets all take a breather...remember what Bad Boys 2 taught us....Woosahhhhhhhhh it will be okay...questions have been answered here. now lets all hug and get a long. lolol

jmartinez748
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
You guys take this thread jacking thing way too serious...lol...have a beer and regroup!

Rubix Focused 2.0.1
Blue Gingerbread Theme
Ocd to 1.288 ghz using Quickclock

Agreed

VivaLaPrimo
03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Back to the topic,

I downloaded the SD Card Speed Booster from the Android Market, and it really is a great app. The smallest increase in speed will make your photos load almost instantly, so in my opinion, this app is really worth it. I am really glad someone came up with this idea, I wish there were more apps for boosting speed which really worked instead of false promises which are really just task killers.

I had an idea for an app for defragmenting. I looked on the Market and there was an app for just that. The only problem is it looks like it does not do anything.... It is two html pages then your phone reboots- looks like a scam. Does anyone have an feedback about this / is it a good idea to develop such an app?

burntoast
03-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah the app works great on the Droid X. I was having lagg issues and didnt know if i should try overclocking the phone so instead i tried the sd card boost app and it dramatically reduced the lagg on my phone. I think it only worked because i only have about 3G of free space on my card and needed a larder SD card or a boost.

jloya
03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
just downloaded, set it to 256, opened gallery and wow it was instant....then a force close lol

opened gallery once more, gallery loaded instantly...wowww....no force close

accessing the SD card is MUCH faster

awesome app :)