PDA

View Full Version : ? regarding 3g wifi hack

JawzSS
03-09-2011, 07:05 AM
When I performed the OTA 2.2.1 upgrade my root and wifi no longer worked. Since then I have re-rooted using z4 and the proceeded to do the wifi patch procedure listed as a stick in the hack guides thread. So here are the issues I have come across:

After the I installed the patch I tried using my old wifi app that I was using for free wifi before i did the 2.2.1 upgrade. I turns on and my computer recognizes it and connects BUT when I try to view a web site it does not load the page.

I did, however, read somewhere that the new wifi patch listed here on the forum uses the stock 3g wifi app that came with the phone. Is this correct? Is this the only way to get the new patch to work? In addition, I no longer have the stock 3g wifi app that came with the phone. If this is the app that is needed how do I get it back.

I hope this is understandable and not too confusing. I would like to get my wifi up and running again and im a bit frustrated.

thanks

mikeinrichmond
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Its normal to lose root after the OTA update...

Now that you have rerooted, you can just download the app Wireless Tether from the Market, it works great..

(Swyped on the go..)

TekWarren
03-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I think the OP is wanting to use the 3g hotspot method that is built in (at least thats what it sounds like he was doing before the update). I actually ran into the same problem only it was not after an update. After installing the Fission ROM I installed "3ghotspot" app, rebooted, then applied the patch. Both of these where in the Fission ROM manager. I could connect to the phone via wifi with no problem however the short time I tried to get out on to the internet failed, no pages loaded. Maybe I only needed to do the patch and not the 3g hotspot app, not sure my phone was having some other quirks so I SBF'd it and hoping to get it replaced due to some button/screen issues.

DieseL
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
The Team Black Hat app has both the app download and the patch. You can get it in the Market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

JawzSS
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The Team Black Hat app has both the app download and the patch. You can get it in the Market.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

how do I find it?

Roooler
03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
how do I find it?

Search for Team Black Hat in the android market and buy their app.

Or go to my thread(or)website in the hacking Guide Section and obtain the Patch file(s)

TideFan22
03-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Or wugs zip that has them both, its free

My X has been orangesliced!!

JawzSS
03-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Or wugs zip that has them both, its free

My X has been orangesliced!!

where do i find the wugs zip? will that give me the 3h hotspot app again?