PDA

View Full Version : Need help going back to stock after root, but i deleted my back-up!!!!

turtle
03-06-2011, 08:28 AM
So I rooted my phone back in January, I made a back-up and all that stuff....well i was cleaning out my sd card and i deleted my original back up. My phone started acting up and I need to go back to factory settings, but i dont have that back-up anymore. What do i do???

silver04v
03-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Flash maderstcok zip file for stock, 2.3.340 this will leave root and you droid x bootstrapper. Or get the team black hat app, and use their full tbh 2.3.340 zip. I've been told it removes root and your droidx bootstrapper for a clean start at stock.

Swyped from my x

maybish
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Yep The maderstcok file should work!!

sent from Mays Rockin X!!!

mikeinrichmond
03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
So I rooted my phone back in January, I made a back-up and all that stuff....well i was cleaning out my sd card and i deleted my original back up. My phone started acting up and I need to go back to factory settings, but i dont have that back-up anymore. What do i do???

As long as you are on System Version 2.3.15 (goto Settings-About Phone) you can use the maderstcok.zip file to get you back to stock. It will unroot your phone, but will not delete Bootstrap. Only the Team Black Hat update.zip found in their app in the Market, or doing an SBF from the computer will remove the Bootstrap app. However, you will not be able to use Bootstrap until you re-root...

If you use Titanium Backup for your apps, just make sure to backup "app" or "app+data" and not "system data" as that can cause problems. If you are not using it, you'll have to let the Market redownload your apps after the restore is finished...

Hope this helps..

turtle
03-06-2011, 04:51 PM
im not on that version, i couldnt find system version anywhere

1KDS
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
It should be in menu>settings>about phone>bottom of list. Are you using a custom ROM? If so, which one?

turtle
03-08-2011, 05:58 AM
im using rubix

mikeinrichmond
03-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Ok then, custom Rom's sometimes don't show the system version. What Android Version does it say? Have you done the OTA updates from Verizon before loading Rubix? If so, then you should be fine using maderstcok to go back to stock...

turtle
03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Android version 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

mikeinrichmond
03-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Android version 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Then you're fine, go ahead and use maderstcok....

Let us know how it goes..

turtle
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
alright guys so heres what happened, incase you are wondering why i need to go back to stock. I was at work saturday night and decided to use an airgun to clean the dirt build up on my speakers and mic, little did i know that i had ruined it, till about 7am sunday morning. I called verizon and they said to take it to a Verizon store, well being rooted i said i would just wait it out to see if it would work later in the week. Stupid of me, i know. Which has brought me here to you guys. So there it is.

I tried that maderstock, and got caught in a loop, i skipped a step i think and got ahead of myself. Luckily i had met a guy, and he gave me his card incase i needed help with anything, i called him and messed with it and got me back to stock so i can send it in for warranty work.