PDA

View Full Version : RubiX Focused themes...

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Like I said in the Liberty theme thread :) I have an X now and Im running RubiX so it only makes sense that I port some themes over to it. As always, my work is complete and all themes include full xml edits and are as close to what the original maker made them. I will post everything on DF and then post links to the threads here, its just easier that way. As always, if you flash a theme Ive ported and you find an issue, let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can.

Many of you probably know that GummyJar themes work for RubiX. I would recommend not using them anymore, these themes Im posting have updated apps, bug fixes, and are built directly from the framework of RubiX. Please post bugs in this thread, as well as any requests you may have for RubiX themes.

Now for some of my 2 cents :D I dont know how many of you have run RubiX, but with the latest updates, its by far my favorite. With the tweaks Drod has made to GummyJar, its fast, smooth, and has excellent battery life. If you havent already checked out RubiX 2.0.1, I suggest doing so. You can find the thread here rubiX Focused 2.0.1: UPDATED - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/129313-rubix-focused-2-0-1-updated.html)

WaterMark'D by stewart1champ:
[THEME] WaterMark'D by stewart1champ - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/130086-theme-watermarkd-stewart1champ.html)

UD by The Black Droid:
[THEME] UD by the black droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/130105-theme-ud-black-droid.html)

REVOlution by manup456:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/130355-theme-revolution-manup456.html

Mysterious Beast:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/130443-theme-mysterious-beast.html

There will be more to come, and feel free to make requests, but this thread is for RubiX only :)

Dont forget a friendly "bump" to keep this thread from getting buried :D

fc127
03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
As always Mikey, fantastic work. Thanks for your efforts.

Sent from my Focused DX

mikeinrichmond
03-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey Mikey, are you going to also port some for Rubix Blurry 2.0 as well? I keep switching back and forth between the two and can't make up my mind. Be nice to have the same theme options on either. Thanks for the great work...

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I havent even messed with Blurry. I dont like to theme Blur ROMS particularly, xml edits are tougher, and alot of the images dont transfer over,i.e. contacts, dialer, lock screens. I feel the ports are half-a#@ and Im kind of a perfectionist. WaterMark'D I did port to ApeX and Squidly's ROM, and I could port it to Blurry too, if there was a demand. WaterMark'D is the most popular theme Ive ported, it has over 6 thousand DL's, and that doesnt include what has gone through the liberty toolbox.
Hey Mikey, are you going to also port some for Rubix Blurry 2.0 as well? I keep switching back and forth between the two and can't make up my mind. Be nice to have the same theme options on either. Thanks for the great work...

smalltowngirl13
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Instead of bumping, I was gonna stick the thread for ya but I think Mike beat me too it...

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Sweet! I appreciate that.
Instead of bumping, I was gonna stick the thread for ya but I think Mike beat me too it...

mikeinrichmond
03-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Yep.. :)

mikeinrichmond
03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I havent even messed with Blurry. I dont like to theme Blur ROMS particularly...

No problem, just checking to see if you were interested..

Back to Focused then... :big smile:

smalltowngirl13
03-05-2011, 03:45 PM
No problem, just checking to see if you were interested..

Back to Focused then... :big smile:

He is gonna be busy porting over blacked out blue for ApeX... lol...

いsent from my droid xい

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I will start working on it tonight when I get home from the gym :)
He is gonna be busy porting over blacked out blue for ApeX... lol...

いsent from my droid xい

fc127
03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
On the watermark'd theme, I am getting a force close on Gmail... any idea what could cause that?

Sent from my Focused DX

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Yup, go into setting>applications>manage apps, go to gmail, clear data and force stop it. When you open Gmail again it will sync all your mail and you will be good to go. Did you uninstall gmail updates before you flashed it?
On the watermark'd theme, I am getting a force close on Gmail... any idea what could cause that?

Sent from my Focused DX

fc127
03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Yup, go into setting>applications>manage apps, go to gmail, clear data and force stop it. When you open Gmail again it will sync all your mail and you will be good to go. Did you uninstall gmail updates before you flashed it?

Thanks again! Clearing the data worked. I did not uninstall the updates. Must have missed that in my haste. Watermark'd is my favorite. Thanks.

Sent from my Focused DX

smalltowngirl13
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I will start working on it tonight when I get home from the gym :)

Awesome! :big smile:

いsent from my droid xい

mikeyinid
03-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Added REVOlution to the OP...

TideFan22
03-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Id like to see orange slice

Lovin some Rubix2.0.1

draya1986
03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Nice work bud.

burrier
03-06-2011, 03:02 AM
i'd love to see the stock gingerbread theme, and also the blue/red drop themes!

mikeyinid
03-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Rubix comes with stock gb. Well except for battery percentage...drop themes I can do...
i'd love to see the stock gingerbread theme, and also the blue/red drop themes!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

lynneddington
03-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Id like to see orange slice

Lovin some Rubix2.0.1
+1 for orange sliced/ orangex 1.1. Be very cool on rubix2.0.1.

maybish
03-06-2011, 03:40 AM
Nice!!! Thanks for this!!

sent from Mays Rockin X!!!

mikeyinid
03-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks buddy :)
Nice work bud.

mikeyinid
03-06-2011, 01:52 PM
OP has been updated with link to Mysterious Beast...

frontier02
03-06-2011, 02:03 PM
+2 for orange slice
also wouldn't mind blacked out blue both from liberty roms

burrier
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Rubix comes with stock gb. Well except for battery percentage...drop themes I can do...

Yeah I know I just don't like the battery percentages lol. Also I'm craving bluedrop if you could get that up and running that'd be awesome

FSRBIKER
03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
DarkSlide theme for Rubix would be very nice.

evolume
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks for these but I have a question. Is there a comprehensive list of all themes for Rubix 2.0.1 or is the OP the list?

I'm n00b at ROMs and such but loving Rubix so far. Already addicted to trying different themes.

Thanks again

evolume
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks for these but I have a question. Is there a comprehensive list of all themes for Rubix 2.0.1 or is the OP the list?

I'm n00b at ROMs and such but loving Rubix so far. Already addicted to trying different themes.

Thanks again

HaHA! I found a list, to answer my own question.
[THEMES] rubiX Focused Themes - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/131132-themes-rubix-focused-themes.html)

But if anyone has other suggestions, please do suggest them..

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository.html

duh. still learning.

mikeyinid
03-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I ported a very cool Honeycomb theme for rubiX, just waiting for the ok to share...

maybish
03-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Ohhhh very cool!!! I've been waiting for something new!!

sent from Mays Rockin X!!!

mikeyinid
03-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Pulled the link in the OP for the HC theme, for a few reasons. When the one I ported is posted, Ill post a link...

MaaZa MC
03-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Can someone post the MIUI Theme for Rubix Focused 2.0.1?

shawn
03-18-2011, 02:12 AM
new to rubix will a theme from 1.9.3 work on 2.0.1

jmartinez748
03-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Can someone post the MIUI Theme for Rubix Focused 2.0.1?

Here you go http://db.tt/cNALDSZ

frontier02
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Just a friendly bump and to say the Watermarked theme is working well. Just waiting for Blacked out Blue or OrangeSlice.

shawn
03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I tried rubx out for a bit liked it but couldn't find any themes for it I liked if someone could port the blue droid over with the blue colored font I would be willing to give it another go

MY my ninja morphed liberated DROIDX 1.2ghz

2dulu2u
03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Any chance of adding Gummy Blueberry to the Rubix theming queue?

Edit--Fixed!! Wug ported it over for me and I'm in blue heaven. I. LOVE. THIS. FORUM!!!

Mtnbst
03-24-2011, 02:01 PM
The calendar widget on watermarked theme for rubix focused 2.0 is black text on black background. Is there any way to edit the widget?

Mtnbst
03-24-2011, 09:09 PM
The calendar widget on watermarked theme for rubix focused 2.0 is black text on black background. Is there any way to edit the widget? Love this theme btw!!

bsbabcock
03-28-2011, 08:15 AM
I like Rubix Focused so much that I'm just running plain jane stock, but I'm glad there's a theme thread sticky for 2.0.1. Problem is, I can't decide. I imagine there's some in the screenshot threads but would like to see some theme shots from these.

I'm sticking around with RubiX for a while until the bugs are identified and the OS is rooted with ginger. If it's not broken, I'm certainly not going to fix it just yet.

Jasandroidx
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I am going to do the same.

bsbabcock
03-28-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not very experienced with too many themes but of the ones I tried I really liked bwc on apex. Would it be correct to say mysterious beast is the closest theme here?

Swyped from my RubiX Focused'd Droid X

bsbabcock
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I have a new favorite theme. UD. Love that you ported it to rubix.. Gives us folks hanging onto froyo until the smoke clears with gb some options. I think its the font maybe that I love in the liberty version. Looking forward to trying.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fnmetal
04-24-2011, 08:42 AM
This might be a silly question, but I've been running rubiX and just themed it with watermark'D (absolutely stunning btw) but is there any way to get back the way my app drawer functioned pre-theme? It used to roll like a 3d cube of sorts, now its just animates like normal.. frivolous I know; but I really liked the look of that. :)

mikeinrichmond
04-24-2011, 09:13 AM
This might be a silly question, but I've been running rubiX and just themed it with watermark'D (absolutely stunning btw) but is there any way to get back the way my app drawer functioned pre-theme? It used to roll like a 3d cube of sorts, now its just animates like normal.. frivolous I know; but I really liked the look of that. :)

You should be able to change that in the launcher settings if you're using Launcher Pro or ADW..

fnmetal
04-24-2011, 09:37 AM
I have adw launcher, doesn't show up in the app drawer, I looked all through settings for launcher options also.. how do I swap between adw or find launcher options? Apologies for the newb ?s

mikeinrichmond
04-24-2011, 09:41 AM
The launchers are not shown in the app drawer...

If you have ADW you can change how the app drawer functions by hitting the hard menu key, then 'more', and look through the AWD settings for App drawer. I'm not running it ATM so I forget which menu it is under...

If you want to switch between launchers, the easiest way is with the free app Home Switcher from the Market...

Bkdodger
04-24-2011, 09:42 AM
I have adw launcher, doesn't show up in the app drawer, I looked all through settings for launcher options also.. how do I swap between adw or find launcher options? Apologies for the newb ?s

ADW go to themes preferences should see option to click Use theme icons..

fnmetal
04-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Problem solved, thanks again guys!

StaticFaction
04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm very new to this - just finally rooted and installed Rubix Focused the other day. I really like that Watermark theme and want to try it out, can someone explain to me how to install it? I mean, like a 3rd grader? I get the basic principal just not sure of the steps. I know I download it to my sd card, go to bootstrap recovery and then I get lost. Do I have to run a back up with TiBU again or clear the cache? I need the exact steps to do this, if someone doesn't mind taking the time or point me to a thread that already has it spelled out. Thanks.

C Dippa
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
You don't need to backup with Tibu. Your apps and settings will still be there. It would be a good idea to make a nandroid backup first in case you don't like the theme or have issues.

Go into bootstrap recovery
Select backup/restore
Select backup
Wait a few minutes for it to backup
Back out to main menu
Select Install zip from sd card
Select Choose zip from sd card
Find the zip you downloaded (most likely in downloads if you downloaded from the phone)
Select it, and press yes to confirm
Back out and reboot system now

StaticFaction
04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Perfect. That exactly what I needed. makes a lot more sense now... baby steps. Thanks Dippa

lthelwpn
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Would love to have Epic Blue for Rubix, thanks for your hard work!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fnmetal
04-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Been running rubiX with your watermark'D theme, and I couldn't be happier.. looks great, responds nicely, no quirks, bugs or bs, and its been almost a week no reboots or FCs.
great work with the theme, and to all the devs awesome job!

Bkdodger
04-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Been running rubiX with your watermark'D theme, and I couldn't be happier.. looks great, responds nicely, no quirks, bugs or bs, and its been almost a week no reboots or FCs.
great work with the theme, and to all the devs awesome job!

+1...one of my favorites all around

Sent from lGato's X... LibertyGB v3

paramnesya
05-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Just a friendly bump....