PDA

View Full Version : Droid X HDMI to TV sound quality

AirJordan
03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm using the Real HDMI app and the default "movie" viewer program that I believe comes either stock or is AOSP (whatever it is for Apex). The movies that I'm watching though don't have any bass to them when viewing them through my TV, it's almost as if I'm listening to the audio through my phone's speaker instead of my large stereo system. Is this normal or is there a way to get better audio quality while watching movies? Do I even need to use Real HDMI to watch movies? By the way, I'm rooted and on Apex 1.4.1. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

AirJordan
03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I think I found the problem, it seems that it was just the poor audio quality of the movie. I'm trying a different one now and the sound is much better and there is bass to it.

EDIT: What I don't get though, is that the sound quality is perfectly fine when played through my computer through my headphones.

rudyy
03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
my tv doesn't sound good no matter what.
when I hook up the droid, I use a headphone adapter to my stereo and zero out the tv; sounds much better. (adapter has 1/8 inch stereo plug into droid, left and right rca plugs into stereo.)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App