PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded M

DanniDoom
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
So, I just bought my Droid X yesterday and this morning it won't turn on...Just freezes at the M logo.....I've pulled the battery out like 20 times now. Tried waiting to put the battery back in etc. Well, I don't know if doing a factory reset would help but it won't even let me do that over the phone. Is there some way I can do it through the computer and do a factory reset or just get the stupid phone to turn on some other way?

mikeinrichmond
03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Is this a brand new phone? If so I would immediately return it and get another. You should not have this issue with a new phone.

If not, do the factory reset procedure to see if it helps..

Let us know how it goes.

(Swyped on the go..)

Backnblack
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
How to Factory Reset an X

1. Turn the phone off.

2. Hold the Power and Home buttons down for about 5 seconds.

3. A screen with an exclamation will appear. Tap the Search key.

4. Scroll down to factory reset using the Volume Down button.

5. Confirm the selection.

6. Select Yes — delete all user data then tap OK.

DanniDoom
03-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys. Yes, the phone is brand new, I bought it yesterday morning. It worked gloriously until this morning when I woke up and took it off the charger. I attempted to do some research to try to find some answers and have about had it with battery pulling and I attempted to do a factory reset on the phone by doing the above mentioned steps but nothing. Just that stupid M on a black abyss of my despair.

I'm gonna head up to the Verizon store I suppose and I'll let you know how it goes. I would hope they would just change it out for a new phone since it's barely been 24 hours.