PDA

View Full Version : Virus/Malware fix for new threat..

mikeinrichmond
03-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Many of us have heard about the recent virus/malware planted within apparently dozens of apps, some were in the Market (now pulled) and so an industrious Senior Member at XDA, Rodderick, has found a way to patch our non-Gingerbread phones to prevent it from being able to carry out it's function. It's quite easy, so read about it here:

XDA Developer Creates Patch For DroidDream Malware Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy (http://thedroidguy.com/2011/03/xda-developer-creates-patch-for-droiddream-malware/)

Here is the XDA thread:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Patch]Malware Exploit for all pre-Gingerbread phones (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11782644&postcount=1)

xrazedx
03-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice find.

jmartinez748
03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Nice I got the app from the market very simple

Thanks to this forum my droid does!

mikeinrichmond
03-04-2011, 05:01 AM
No problem.. :)

cmospyder
03-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up and the fact that the patch is in the market

mikeinrichmond
03-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Here's the latest from Google on the incident and what they are doing about it:

An Update on Android Market Security - Official Google Mobile Blog (http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/03/update-on-android-market-security.html)

gunner1982
03-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Yea that's some pretty scary stuff I hope the judge throws the book at this ass bag just to make an example out of him /them

sent from my Liberated,OC'D, and never lookin back DX

Bungle
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice I got the app from the market very simple

What's the app called?

gunner1982
03-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Its called droid dreamer do not download it I used it and noticed today my name was double posted at the exact same time submitting two positive reviews for the app hence why I restored and maderstocked my x back to normal its a malware app I noticed it when I was looking at it in app brain the posts were made at the exact same minute on the same day seems very unlikely that someone with the same name as me would post at the exact same minute I did

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

TideFan22
03-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Its called Droid dreamkiller

My X has been orangesliced!!

airmanferret
03-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Can someone please help me. My droid x will start up, but after that, all i can do is pull down the notification bar, and select items on it like emails or texts, but as soon as the bar goes up, nothing works. Hard buttons dont do anything but eventually make the home screen refresh. I can't get to the menu or the app list. I cant select anything on the home screen either. Please tell me I can fix it! Thanks all.

rudyy
03-22-2011, 01:59 AM
can't help you, but your problem might get more notice if you'd started a new thread in *droid x help*
lots of smart people cruise that thread.
good luck.

rooted, on liberty 1.5