PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Removing and Reattaching Body Glove Case

Corpulu
03-02-2011, 01:45 AM
I just got the body glove case for my Droid X today and it is way too thick for the car mount so every time I want to mount it I have to remove the case. Will constantly removing and reattaching the case wear out the plastic snaps quickly?

Backnblack
03-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Yes they will get loose over time....Taking that case off is like giving birth. (or so the wife says).

You do have the insert removed in the car mount?
Some have taken a dremel to the lip on the front of the mount to get the cast to fit.
I use the car mount but no case.

scottpole
03-02-2011, 05:05 AM
I had the body glove. Definitely be careful when removing and applying the case. I took mine off once and the tab on the top left broke so after that it was never completely closed. It is a very durable case though so I still used it. Now im using the impact series otterbox

Uploaded from my stock 3.4.2, rooted, frozen bloat X -_-

Corpulu
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes they will get loose over time....Taking that case off is like giving birth. (or so the wife says).

You do have the insert removed in the car mount?
Some have taken a dremel to the lip on the front of the mount to get the cast to fit.
I use the car mount but no case.

Yeah, I have the insert removed (which was a pain in the ass to remove) and it's still too thick. I'm considering just getting a universal car mount and returning the Motorola mount.

cobdog
03-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Mine broke a few times lucky for me I was able to super glue the plastic tabs back on. I have done this a few times and its still holding up pretty well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Corpulu
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
So I just ended up buying a universal mount by Bracketron at best buy for $20.99 and it works great. I just sold the motorola mount to my friend for a lot less.