PDA

View Full Version : Android Peeing on Apple Logo Boot Animation

Gorgarath
03-01-2011, 08:58 PM
As requested, I have added the THX sound to this animation found over here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/9121-complete-comprehensive-tutorial-custom-boot-animations.html) and also made it flashable.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6067/fkaple.gif

Boot Animation (http://www.mediafire.com/?58lpued6usly5dz) with sound.
MD5: AB38B54C5207B10EC0D30BD22C0BDF83
SHA-1: 08835AB34BC086C302335C71C92A47AD2EC36C9B

Boot Animation (http://www.mediafire.com/?4uv3ukzgv159621) without sound.
MD5: C8B7E35C22C2A8700C60DB4C133E5622
SHA-1: EBFEBF6B9517D7E1F60FFD2FE2615F14831D0605

For those who aren't running a ROM that plays boot sounds and want boot sounds, check out this link: Enabling boot sounds. (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/21981-enabling-boot-sounds.html)

lynneddington
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Works great, thanks.

Gorgarath
03-01-2011, 09:25 PM
No problem, glad ya like it. I'm sure your sister will 'love' it too. I'll get your other one later.

--
Tapatalked from my X.

lynneddington
03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I went to my sisters house just to show her iphone what i thought. She wanted to know if all X's came with that. HA HA HA HA

Xdiord_user
03-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Awesome!! I'm going to have to give it a try. I'll post back with results.

Gorgarath
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
If you are using any ROM other than ApeX 1.4.1, make sure to let me know if the sound is working. I know it works for ApeX 1.4.1, but have had conflicting reports of other ROMs not working with sound. Been a bit busy and haven't had the chance to try testing with various ROMs to see if I can narrow down the causes. Might be an ApeX thing or blur thing or just something any ROM can use but has to be enabled for all I know.

Xdiord_user
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
LOVE IT!!!Sound is awesome as well. TKS :^)

Sent from my rooted "X" running Apex . . . : ^ )

Gorgarath
03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
LOVE IT!!!Sound is awesome as well. TKS :^)

Sent from my rooted "X" running Apex . . . : ^ )

Are you on ApeX 1.4.1 or a different version?

cuebask
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Can't get sound on liberty 1.5, the file is in sys/media/ but no sound any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

BenBrown
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I haven't had any luck getting the sound to work on any boot animation that has sound yet! I am running Apex 1.4 now. I haven't gone to 1.4.1 yet tho. What am I doing wrong? I edit the .txt file in "bootanimation.zip" with "s filemame.mp3" on the last line and place the audio file in /system/media/ and it never works.

Sent from my DROIDX

Gorgarath
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I think I found that you need a blank line or two after the sound line. Did you try with one of the files I've posted?

It might be an ApeX thing, except I've been told by people running stock that it worked for them, but others have said it didn't. I've had a lot of reports of it not working on Liberty, so it might be a blur thing. I've not heard anything from anyone not running stock, ApeX, or Liberty.

I have been meaning to check out Rubix Blurry and this could be an excuse... Actually, I'm hopefully going to have the chance to flash 2 versions (already running 1.4.1) of ApeX, 2 versions of Rubix Focused, 2 versions of Rubix Blurry, 2 versions of Liberty, and stock tonight so I can test boot animations with sound on them. I don't have the installers for the others on my card already, so I probably won't get those flashed. This will hopefully narrow down what ROMs sound works on and what is needed to get them working on other ROMs.

There's also the fact that I recall Fab saying something in a post when 1.4.1 came out (I think) about finally getting the boot sound to work, so it might be an ApeX 1.4.1 thing. If it is currently an ApeX 1.4.1 thing, hopefully what he did is easy to duplicate in all ROMs, or at the least, all blurry ROMs.

mikeinrichmond
03-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I can report that the sound does not work with Rubix Focused 2.0...

BenBrown
03-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I think I found that you need a blank line or two after the sound line. Did you try with one of the files I've posted?

It might be an ApeX thing, except I've been told by people running stock that it worked for them, but others have said it didn't. I've had a lot of reports of it not working on Liberty, so it might be a blur thing. I've not heard anything from anyone not running stock, ApeX, or Liberty.

I have been meaning to check out Rubix Blurry and this could be an excuse... Actually, I'm hopefully going to have the chance to flash 2 versions (already running 1.4.1) of ApeX, 2 versions of Rubix Focused, 2 versions of Rubix Blurry, 2 versions of Liberty, and stock tonight so I can test boot animations with sound on them. I don't have the installers for the others on my card already, so I probably won't get those flashed. This will hopefully narrow down what ROMs sound works on and what is needed to get them working on other ROMs.

There's also the fact that I recall Fab saying something in a post when 1.4.1 came out (I think) about finally getting the boot sound to work, so it might be an ApeX 1.4.1 thing. If it is currently an ApeX 1.4.1 thing, hopefully what he did is easy to duplicate in all ROMs, or at the least, all blurry ROMs.

Well it must have been an Apex thing because after updating to 1.4.1 the boot sound(s) do indeed work!

Gorgarath
03-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, the more I find out, the more I think Fab did some extra black magic and used the blood of 1000 more virgin unicorns (on top of the 1000 virgin unicorns he already bloodied to get such an amazing ROM running with the battery life it has) to get boot sounds to work. The odd part is the people on stock that have said it worked. I ended up not having the chance to flash a bunch of ROMs last night because it took me close to an hour to make a single boot animation due to my laptop apparently saying I use it too much and it was tired or something. Took like a minute to alt+tab between windows.