PDA

View Full Version : Corporate email.

DesertRatBiggs
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Does rooting let you sync with corporate email without paying VZW's extra fee?

Rooted, Liberty 1.5, and RevolutionRemix with custom boot logos and animations

My Droid X is just that... MINE!!

Ansextra
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
You don't need to pay Verizon anything extra to connect with Corporate email at any time.

spodoc
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow. Great question. You know, when I switched from BB I never paid the extra corporate fee. I am synced to corporate. Tell you what, ask to have this thread closed. Then start a new one titled: Verizon Corporate Fee

Any verizon reps here would chime in a lot quicker than this thread which is just titled "Corporate Email." If you do that, ask a mod to close this thread so you are not called out for cross posting :)

As for an answer, I was synced pre-root and post-root. So, IMO the corp fee is not much more than just a fee. I'm not certain there is anything else they activate. It's still 15 bucks extra right?

spodoc
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
You don't need to pay Verizon anything extra to connect with Corporate email at any time.

Been so long I have forgotten they even had this fee. Was it only for BB?

DesertRatBiggs
02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah as far as I know its $15 on top of your normal data rate.

As far as my situation goes, having my corporate email with me 24/7 isn't entirely important... I'm usually near a comp most of the time plus I can get to it through any browser (even the stock one on my dx) but I figured if I could get it synced free now that I'm rooted why not take advantage of it.

spodoc
02-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Cancel fee. You won't loose connection. I was synced pre and post root and have never paid fee on x.

DesertRatBiggs
02-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok. Nice. Thanks for the insight.

DesertRatBiggs
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey mods. Please close this thread.