PDA

View Full Version : Im having some sad battery issues

akoe101
02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
So im running liberty 1.5 with the majority of the useless bloatware frozen, overclocked and undervolted to 1.2 Ghz and 64 Vsel, i have Auto Memory Manager set to aggressive, and only a few widgets running (mainly minimal text and sms unread count).

What i need your guys help with is helping me figure out why im only getting 8 hours max before im at 10% attery left. I rarely use the phone heavily at school (occasionally texting and listening to music) but my battery drops 10 percent in an hour.

Im wondering if Auto Memory Manager is using all my battery to kill apps. And i know someone is going to tell me that i shouldnt use a mem killer but i like my phone running just a few things at a time. I would also not like to have to switch roms. I have tried Sysctrl but it made my phone sluggish overtime.
Im usually getting this:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefd5925-340a-a90a.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated guys, thanks

GoBlue13
02-28-2011, 06:27 PM
The memory manager is probably what's causing most of it. Android doesn't really need task killers. Also I had to stop using Liberty because the battery life was poor for me. I get double the life, battery wise while running Apex and Rubix.

Swyped from my rooted X running Apex 1.4.0

akoe101
02-28-2011, 06:30 PM
The memory manager is probably what's causing most of it. Android doesn't really need task killers. Also I had to stop using Liberty because the battery life was poor for me. I get double the life, battery wise while running Apex and Rubix.

I tried Rubix and it just didnt work for me. Ive been thinking about Apex or Fission

kmudd3
02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
I run Apex and get great battery life. I know you don't want to hear this, but from all my research, i hear memory managers cause more harm than good. Android is designed to manage your resources really well. Again, just based off of my research.

jmartinez748
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Did you flash on 100% battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

GoBlue13
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I personally prefer Apex. I hear good things about fission but for whatever reason it just does not get along with my phone. Too many minor bugs that after awhile got extremely annoying. Your best bet would be to try them all and see which ones work the best for you. In regards to the memory manager, I know you said you like to not have very many apps running but android is made to run processes in the background so having an app that kills them just uses up battery because as soon as the app is killed the android system just starts it right back up.

akoe101
02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I always flash at full battery. I went ahead and uninstalled auto mem manager because i agree with you guys. I think im gonna mess with sysctrl first before i flash any dif roms though and see how much of an improvement i can get. Thanks again for your help guys i apreciate it!

GoBlue13
02-28-2011, 09:49 PM
No problem! Hope you get everything worked out.

Swyped from my rooted X running Apex 1.4.1

buckeyefreak
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
somethimg you might try also is letting your battery drain really low, and then charging it, and in the morning, wipe the batt stats in recovery...I am also running minimal apks...and I unplug at 6am...and dont generally plug in till 11 or 12...and i am at no less than 30%, and that is with fairly consistant use...now wiping batt stats is not a save all, but it does help, and sysctl also helps...good luck, and be careful about what a michigan fan says....just sayin....HA j/k...go bucks!

akoe101
02-28-2011, 11:35 PM
somethimg you might try also is letting your battery drain really low, and then charging it, and in the morning, wipe the batt stats in recovery...I am also running minimal apks...and I unplug at 6am...and dont generally plug in till 11 or 12...and i am at no less than 30%, and that is with fairly consistant use...now wiping batt stats is not a save all, but it does help, and sysctl also helps...good luck, and be careful about what a michigan fan says....just sayin....HA j/k...go bucks!

Thanks for the help. I plan to wipe in the morning ;)
Haha excuse the bad joke