PDA

View Full Version : Download Unsucessful

Nyjets75
02-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I had my X rooted and everything was going great. unfortunatley, i dropped it in the toilet and i recently got a new one. So, now when i try to download z4root, it comes up saying "Download Unsuccessful, The Content is not supported on this phone" Any help would be appreciated

rdtournay
02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Try pulling the battery and putting it back in, download again. Always good to try this first.

Apex 1.41
Honeycomb via wugport
Just how I like it... today.

Nyjets75
02-27-2011, 06:33 PM
I tried that, the same thing keeps popping up. i can download things from the market fine though.

Droid-Xer
02-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Use another browser like skyfire or toggle airplane mode

TideFan22
02-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah a new browser should help

Sent from Rubix running some tweaked out sysctl.conf

Snow02
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Just rename to a file extension other than apk and it will download fine. Then rename it back to .apk.

DrivetheGreen66
02-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Use a different browser.

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Has any told google that they failed at making a browser.... they should be embarrassed... you notice that we are all constantly telling people to use an alternative browsers... but has anyone stepped back and thought... wow, the stock browser legitimately can't download files... that is an epic failure.

{{ WugFresh }}

TideFan22
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Really u think they would of made it more of a priority. It does suck

Sent from Rubix running some tweaked out sysctl.conf

DrivetheGreen66
02-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Has any told google that they failed at making a browser.... they should be embarrassed... you notice that we are all constantly telling people to use an alternative browsers... but has anyone stepped back and thought... wow, the stock browser legitimately can't download files... that is an epic failure.

{{ WugFresh }}

This is very true. They should have outsourced the whole browser to another company.

Snow02
02-27-2011, 10:24 PM
It can download files. It just doesn't usually want to download apks. The DX doesn't like to receive apks via bluetooth either. I can't seriously be the only one who realized this.

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 10:26 PM
We are talking about google here. I thought they understood web technology pretty well... how could they possibly screw up so bad. Was one of their software engineers having a bad day... seriously though? And it wasn't fixed in froyo? Even in the new blurr... that is really sad. If anything should work on the phone, it should be making phone calls, email, text, and browsing the web. Those are essential items to a smart phone. I just don't understand how google hasn't addressed this.. it is pathetic.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
02-27-2011, 10:27 PM
It can download files. It just doesn't usually want to download apks. The DX doesn't like to receive apks via bluetooth either. I can't seriously be the only one who realized this.

It has failed for me, for every big file, or semi-big file, basically anything that wasn't a pdf or a word doc. Stock Browser = Fail.

{{ WugFresh }}

Nyjets75
02-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Thank you. I downloaded Skyfire and it worked.