PDA

View Full Version : New cases for the DX?

Integraoligist
02-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Last time I checked in to cases... the Trident was the latest and greatest. Has anyone come out with a new quality case like the Trident?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

AirJordan
02-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Jawcase is probably the only case planned right now, but it's struggling. If you want it to happen, it still needs supporters.

Jawcase - A Phone Case, Camera Stand, Car Mount & More by Heather Schmidt — Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285240199/jawcase-a-phone-case-camera-stand-car-mount-and-mo?ref=live)

Koopa Troopa
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Incipio cases are sickkkkk

scottpole
02-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Im using the otterbox impact case. Very minimalist but the material is top notch and it has the right amount of protection plus it came with a nice screen protector.

Uploaded from my stock debloated X -_-

Garemlin
02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Trident just released the Cyclops series recently.

Moving to accessories

hemi1300
02-27-2011, 05:17 PM
been stuck on the kraken for a while now, also have the incipio but everytime i put that case on i go back to the trident 10 minutes later. Have gotten so used to this case on the phone i can't do without it now, i love the feel of it and not having to worry about dropping it or getting it covered in dust at work all day (construction). The cyclops looks pretty nice, almost put in for a pre-order to try it out, but think i will wait this time and see what others say about it, i have bought enough phone cases!!!

John.Borgen
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Jawcase is probably the only case planned right now, but it's struggling. If you want it to happen, it still needs supporters.

Jawcase - A Phone Case, Camera Stand, Car Mount & More by Heather Schmidt — Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/285240199/jawcase-a-phone-case-camera-stand-car-mount-and-mo?ref=live)

I just added my pledge, this looks like an interesting project and a cool case. I want it.

Getsome122
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I pledged the jawcase as well. Hoping it makes it for heather's sake. May be too close to EOL for the dc though.

DX- rooted, deodexed, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

cynkrzy
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Started with the Kraken, but despite the claims it'd get dust between the phone and screen protector, I got an incipio (thanks to a forum post) and am very happy with it.

kmudd3
02-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I use Otterbox...fits great with the extended battery I got from Verizon.

John.Borgen
03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Damn, ordered my Kraken yesterday.

hemi1300
03-02-2011, 08:26 AM
I absolutely love my kraken, been using it for about two months now and not a single problem with it. Jist pre-ordered the cyclops last night. Looks like it's very similar to the kraken but a little smaller in size

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Integraoligist
03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Let us know how the Cyclopes is as compared to the Kraken... From the looks of it the only difference I can see is that it has a thinner design to it. Otherwise it looks like it's made of the same material and setup the same way as the Kraken.

The Incipio looks to have the same setup as the Kraken as well, a silicone interior with a hard outer shell. But it does not cover any of the buttons nor does it have a screen protector... but it seems to be nice and thin.

hmmm

hemi1300
03-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Will definitely let u know the comparison btwn the cyclops/kraken. Emailed trident last night if the expected release dat was still march 5th, and they responded that it was backed up a few days. Really hopin to get it next week, but we'll see. The incipio is a very nice case if you're looking for a case that is very slim with moderate protection. I have one but don't feel it would offer too much protection, as it is very thin. Hopefully the cyclops is the perfect case, rugged protection like the kraken but a little bit slimmer

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Beka27
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm really interested in the Cyclops, but what is everyone's thoughts on BUILT-IN screen protectors? Have you had issues with it getting scratched? I like the idea of a removable protector so you can replace it as needed.
Has anyone attempted to remove the built-in in favor of their own protector?

I have a basic VZW screen protector right now and it's covered in teeny tiny little scratches. BUT, at least it's the protector, and NOT the phone itself!

2dulu2u
03-10-2011, 11:53 AM
+1 on the Incipio--really great for protection and being low profile. Fits the extended battery and cover like a champ.

TekWarren
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice, I just pledged for the JawCase. I've been wanting a stand but not necesarily a dock and I'm not going to carry it around with me. Seems like the JC is a stand the DX "wears" LOL I like it.

Integraoligist
03-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Has anyone received the new Cyclops case from Trident yet? Or did they push back the release date again?